Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

MMA General Discussion 2020

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
Lmao no I was laughing that you wanna see him lose. Him getting slept is definitely possible. Lots of hype about pereira’s defensive grappling from people that have trained with him but that’s hard to gauge.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah unfortunately I think Strickland is going to win too. I was hoping sometime this week Dana says "Pereira gets a title shot with a win since he has the backstory against Izzy. Strickland has to be impressive". Maybe that would convince him to not do the minimal work possible, but with the way the division is and the fact Izzy has beat the other top contenders (some multiple times).

I'm just not sure I want to be around to see how vile the leadup to Adesanya-Strickland has the potential to be.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
I didn’t end up putting money on Strickland. A lot of money went in on him so he is like -140 now, not worth it. Also the size difference is much worse than I thought.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I didn’t end up putting money on Strickland. A lot of money went in on him so he is like -140 now, not worth it. Also the size difference is much worse than I thought.
Yeah, Pereira was fighting at LHW his last few fights in Glory. He is pretty big.

Staff member
Reaction score
Lost it straight back right there but man. I can't believe that beatdown.

The Thread Killer

Get off my damn lawn
Reaction score
Adesanya decided to really go all out with his Undertaker tribute last night. He used his music, his outfit and then went on to have a plodding and very long fight in which there was no doubt regarding who would win, but getting to the foregone conclusion was pretty damn boring.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Bummer, and anti-climactic ending for that main event. Gross seeing a shoulder pop like that.

Some good violence on the main card otherwise.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Bummer, and anti-climactic ending for that main event. Gross seeing a shoulder pop like that.

Some good violence on the main card otherwise.
It looked like it was building up to be good, close matchup, too.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Only bet I made tonight was on Murphy. There was no reason in the world for her to be an underdog to Tate.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Ripper

I'll make your ass sense.
Reaction score
Wait...what? How did I not hear about this until now?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220718-102744_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20220718-102744_YouTube.jpg
    354.7 KB · Views: 8

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Just got done watching the main card, and I gotta say when Schnell was throwing elbows and fists on Sumudaerji before he got the choke on him it looks like scenes in movies where some beats someone to death… great fight especially considering how much trouble he was in earlier, but possibly one of the most I’ve been uncomfortable watching a fight!

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Just got done watching the main card, and I gotta say when Schnell was throwing elbows and fists on Sumudaerji before he got the choke on him it looks like scenes in movies where some beats someone to death… great fight especially considering how much trouble he was in earlier, but possibly one of the most I’ve been uncomfortable watching a fight!
I can't believe the ref didn't stop it then; I was sure he would.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score

Izzy better work on that double. Alex is not hard to take down but Izzy isn’t a wrestler. based on the Jan fight I’m not sure izzy has the bjj to finish him. Maybe GnP can wear him down, but pereira has good gnp defence on the ground. Either way, izzy doesn’t wanna risk getting touched with those four ounce gloves on the feet.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score

Lmao at the wording but the takedown defence is a good point though. The only guys that took him down were in fights where he felt totally unthreatened by their top game. He usually ended up tapping those guys.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Saved Dana’s kids from a burning building?

muzzington

Queen Elizabeth Look-alike
Reaction score
All prelim and main card fights tonight were finishes. That can't have happened much before.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Great night of fights.

Sam Alvey drops to 0-8-1 in his last 9 without a win in over 4 years.

I skipped most of the female TUF final. Hearing corners shout “HEEEEEEEY!” Every time their fighter draws a breath completely takes me out of the fight. It’s distracting, and obnoxious.