Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

NBA Playoffs 2024

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The Wolves won by 45(!) tonight. They will play their first game 7 in 20 years and only their 2nd in franchise history.

Staff member
Reaction score
The Knicks are going to come back. Nobody can keep making shots like this.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, the Mavs came back from 17 down last night so it’s too early to write this game off yet. However knowing the Knicks’ history for the past fifty years…

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
This being NY sports the Rangers will undoubtedly have some gut punching crippling loss in the next few weeks to finish the heartbreak

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Hard to imagine anyone beating the TWolves.

(Although a Celtics-Mavs Finals would be the most soul cleansing for me…unless Kyrie wins an NBA Title in Boston, in which case I’d give up watching basketball probably. )

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
Here is to hoping your POTUS predictions are as bad as your NBA Playoff predictions.
Well I don’t really watch basketball, I made those posts to support and artificially boost the confidence of my boardsman @Brooklyn Zoo

Don’t worry though, after the election I’ll be sure to point out how opposed you were to my predictions. Even if you end up being right! I’ll gladly give you the credit my man.

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
Eastern Conference Finals

1) Boston vs 6) Indiana - Six previous playoff meetings, with the Celtics winning four. In the last meeting, the Celtics won in a four-game sweep in 2019.

Western Conference Finals

3) Minnesota vs 5) Dallas - One previous meeting in 2002, won by Dallas in a 3-0 sweep.

No matter who advances from here, we will get a first-time ever meeting in the Finals.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
Attempt to get a ticket for game 1 of Dallas/Wolves tomorrow was a bust yesterday....literal top row of the top deck in the corner, ran around $240. This was face value through TM. As much as I want to be there, that's crazy.

Wolves/Celtics for the Finals seems like some prophetic destiny to finally bring KG back to Target Center one way or another. Glen Taylor better not be a bitch and try to ban him from attending. The heat between those two (and the A-Rod consortium and Glen Taylor) is still very much a thing.

If I want to snag a ticket to the Finals I better be ready to take out a fucking loan or get a credit card, oof!

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
Not sure which is worse, that someone had Luka on the second team or that two people had Kevin Durant first team

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Crazy way for the Celtics to come back last night. Watched the final 6 minutes and figured they'd lose by 8+ then Indiana just wilted and the Celtics made some key shots (and that steal!).