Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

NFL Offseason 2024: I guess Belichick can relate to 24 year olds after all.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Steelers C Nate Herbig (shoulder) is expected to miss “an extended period of time.” Could force rookie Zach Frazier into a starting role and makes the Steelers offense interesting as centers are often the key components for blocking assignments/protection calls.

Vikings signed DB Stephon Gilmore, formerly of the Cowboys, to a one-year contract. Solid, expected signing as he knows Flores' defense and should give the Vikings a legitimate #2 CB. Still capable of getting his nose dirty and making plays on the ball.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Dolphins released RB Salvon Ahmed.

Bills HC Sean McDermott said Mitch Trubisky will miss multiple weeks with a knee injury. Bills HC Sean McDermott said Curtis Samuel is week-to-week with turf toe. Bills quickly getting ravaged by injuries... one last DARTH BELICHICK move after he left New England?

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Cowboys signed DT Linval Joseph, formerly of the Bills, to a one-year contract worth up to $4 million.

Sean Payton named Bo Nix the Broncos’ starting quarterback.

Cardinals signed C Hjalte Froholdt to a two-year contract extension worth $8 million.

Sports Illustrated’s Jordan Foote reports Clyde Edwards-Helaire is dealing with post-traumatic stress disorder stemming from a 2018 “self defense” incident. :(

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
KPRC2’s Aaron Wilson reports LB Randy Gregory is expected to retire after being released by the Buccaneers.

ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler reports Bengals DE Myles Murphy is expected to miss 4-6 weeks with a knee sprain.

Panthers acquired CB Michael Jackson from the Seahawks in exchange for LB Michael Barrett (2024 7th Round pick).

Eagles acquired WR Jahan Dotson and a 5th Rounder from the Commanders in exchange for a 3rd Rounder and 2 7th Round picks.

Commanders acquired K Cade York from the Browns in exchange for a conditional seventh-round pick. They promptly released Riley Patterson.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Some suspensions from 2023 arrests/situations coming down the pipeline...

NFL suspended Cardinals WR Zay Jones for the first five games of 2024. NFL suspended Rams LT Alaric Jackson for the first two games of 2024.

Bears acquired LB Darrell Taylor from the Seahawks for a 2025 6th-round pick.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Giants might be the worst team in football. This is going to be another 12/13 loss season. And that might be generous given their schedule. And a bunch of prime time games too!

I know they are "punting" this season till they can the Jones contract of the books but I really have no faith at this point that they will be able to turn this around

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6

I think they both fucking suck so this might be a long season. I'm surprised he picked Minshew though because the guy doesn't take care of the football. He'll try to throw it through defenders to make plays. Not a fan. Needs to play way better against San Diego Week 1.

Now I have to actively root for a few exploding ACLs

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Packers acquired QB Malik Willis from the Titans in exchange for a 2025 seventh-round pick. Seahawks acquired LB Trevis Gipson from the Jaguars in exchange for a late-round draft pick

Lions released WR Donovan Peoples-Jones. Ravens released WR Russell Gage.

Cowboys signed WR CeeDee Lamb to a four-year, $136 million contract extension.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
No real surprises with the Patriots cuts and several players will probably end up back on the PS. WR Kendrick Bourne and OG Cole Strange were placed on the PUP while S Marte Mapu was placed on IR-Return.

Guys like Bledsoe, Giles-Harris, Harris, Mafi, Wade, and Wallis all seem like PS candidates.

This leads me to believe the Patriots will likely lean towards more of a 3-4 or 3-3-5 look since they kept so many DB and the majority of those guys will be key on coverage units (since they're used to jamming at the LOS/tracking ball carriers on the outside).

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Hot news day and no posts...cool.

Packer talk:
TE Tonyan and Deguara both released by Jax and Minn. Maybe we'll be seeing one again with the TE struggles in camp[
Aaron's best friend Tim Boyle also cut by Hou. Adrian Amos cut too. Packers kept 3 young safeties...who knows maybe he'll be asked back on the cheap? And fucking Kevin King is still floating around? Cut by Atl
I book my Packers roster like I'm on Madden Franchise....sign the old Packers and tweak their ratings to make them passable

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I don't think any of those guys are going back to Green Bay.

Tough news for AJ Dillon. Looked like he might make the roster but a stinger put him out for the season.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Hot news day and no posts...cool.

Packer talk:
TE Tonyan and Deguara both released by Jax and Minn. Maybe we'll be seeing one again with the TE struggles in camp[
Aaron's best friend Tim Boyle also cut by Hou. Adrian Amos cut too. Packers kept 3 young safeties...who knows maybe he'll be asked back on the cheap? And fucking Kevin King is still floating around? Cut by Atl
I book my Packers roster like I'm on Madden Franchise....sign the old Packers and tweak their ratings to make them passable
Honestly, cut days aren't that big to me (outside of the Patriots) mainly because we'll see today/tomorrow if players are claimed on waivers and more roster shaping leading into next week when players who "made" the 53 Man Roster end up getting cut for acquired pickups.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports Tim Patrick will sign with the Lions’ practice squad “with the idea that he will work his way on to the active roster.” Good move by Detroit but curious if he'll be anything more than the 4th WR since Raymond is a solid piece that gets a lot of work there.

Rams head coach Sean McVay said RB Kyren Williams will be the team’s punt returner. Interesting move as you usually don't see starting caliber RBs utilized as punt returners.

Bills signed QB Mike White, formerly of the Dolphins, to their practice squad.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score

One year after logging career-high production at the heart of the Los Angeles Rams defense, Ernest Jones IV is leaving town. Amid reportedly stagnant discussions over a potential long-term contract, the linebacker has been traded to the Tennessee Titans as part of the club's final roster cutdown, as ESPN first reported.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
As expected, a lot of moves and trades happening now.

- Commanders signed WR Noah Brown, formerly of the Texans.
- Zac Stevens of DNVR reports that the Broncos have agreed to terms with TE Donald Parham Jr., formerly of the Chargers.
- Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports that the Chiefs have agreed to terms with RB Samaje Perine.
- Saints claimed RB Kene Nwangwu off waivers from the Vikings.
- Rams claimed RB Cody Schrader off waivers from the 49ers.
- Chargers claimed RB Hassan Haskins off waivers from the Titans.
- Dolphins claimed WR Grant DuBose off waivers from the Packers.

- Packers released K Greg Joseph. Green Bay claimed Brayden Narveson off waivers from the Titans.

- ESPN’s Field Yates reports Lions signed WR Allen Robinson to their practice squad.
- 49ers signed WR Terrace Marshall, formerly of the Panthers, to the practice squad.
- Buccaneers signed QB Michael Pratt, formerly of the Packers, to their practice squad.
- Dolphins signed QB Tim Boyle, formerly of the Texans, to their practice squad.
- Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that the Chiefs are signing QB Bailey Zappe to their practice squad.

- NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reports Titans traded DB Elijah Molden to the Chargers for late-round draft pick compensation.
- Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that the Commanders have traded DT John Ridgeway III to the Saints. Schefter reports that the Saints will send the Commanders a 2025 sixth- round pick while New Orleans also receives a 2025 seventh-round selection.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Kyle Shanahan says the 49ers preparing to play week one WITHOUT Brandon Aiyuk and Trent Williams. He says he feels “optimistic” about Trent Williams return but since he doesn’t know what day exactly they will sign he must prepare to be without them. “I mean, we're getting close to playing a game. So, like, my mind is completely on preparing for a game without those guys.”
--

Russell Wilson is named the starting QB for the Steelers.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Falcons traded QB Taylor Heinicke to the Chargers for a conditional sixth-round draft pick.

The Patriots claimed LB Curtis Jacobs off waivers from Kansas City, T Demontrey Jacobs off waivers from Denver, DT Eric Johnson off waivers from Indianapolis, and T Zach Thomas off waivers from the Los Angeles Rams. To make room on the roster, the Patriots released CB Isaiah Bolden, DT Trysten Hill, G Michael Jordan, and WR Jalen Reagor.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Maybe they could just start using different, better things that aren't run by a weird looking failson?