Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

NFL Offseason 2024: I guess Belichick can relate to 24 year olds after all.

Staff member
Reaction score
It's funny cause with the benefit of hindsight I can see that McDaniels made a lot of great personnel moves for the Raiders. But he didn't know how to coach any of the good players he brought in.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It's funny cause with the benefit of hindsight I can see that McDaniels made a lot of great personnel moves for the Raiders. But he didn't know how to coach any of the good players he brought in.
The literal inverse of his mentor, Belichick.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
People also forget that Darren Waller did nothing in Baltimore before going to Oakland/Las Vegas. He exploded in 2019 then all his key metrics dropped in 2020 while he was targeted way more (which explained the catches, yards, and TDs) - 11.2 YPR, 73.8% Catch Rate, 8.2 Yards per Target. He was being targeted 2x more a game in 2020 and yet he only averaged 3 more yards a game from 2019.

His catch rate and Yard per Target plummeted even harder in 2021 and he was already on the cusp of hitting 30 by then. Even if Waller had stuck around, there was a good chance he was gonna fall off a cliff by 2024 at the latest.

A rare case where McDaniels pulled a Belichick and jettisoned a dude a year early than late.

Staff member
Reaction score
Waller had all the talent to be a hall of fame level player imo. He just didn’t give a shit

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6

Too bad Rodgers will be hobbled by Halloween and won't be around for the big grudge match
---
Christian McCaffrey is giving the once-sagging running back market some hope as the 49ers star signed a two-year extension, the team announced Tuesday. The new deal is worth $38 million, CBS Sports lead NFL insider Jonathan Jones confirms.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
Trevor's contract makes me even more nervous over what the Pack is going to throw at Jordon Love, who our loyal fan base wanted to bench for half of last season as he struggled and threw a lot of game busting INTs. He turned it on eventually, but his trajectory in still a bit unknown, '

Tom Grossi thinks Love is getting something close to Trevor's deal. EEK!

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Ring chasing season is quietly on: Dolphins signed DE Calais Campbell, formerly of the Falcons. Likely a 1 year deal but he's still been pretty solid with 6.5, 4, 1.5, 5.5, and 6.5 Sacks the last 5 years.

Sex Machine Gun

Kotzenjunge
Reaction score
Trevor's contract makes me even more nervous over what the Pack is going to throw at Jordon Love, who our loyal fan base wanted to bench for half of last season as he struggled and threw a lot of game busting INTs. He turned it on eventually, but his trajectory in still a bit unknown, '

Tom Grossi thinks Love is getting something close to Trevor's deal. EEK!
Love will get a big deal but I don't think it'll be one that sets a record or whatever. Too many young dudes who also need to get paid in the next season or two.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Bruins are definitely most racist of the Boston teams fan bases which is saying something.

I guess Idk enough about hockey. I get the Leafs, Habs and Flyers being ahead of them but I don’t get the San Jose Sharks. Cause they were close to the Raiders for a 20-25 years?

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
Bruins are definitely most racist of the Boston teams fan bases which is saying something.
The way you bring that up to bolster your point lmao

I don’t see how any North American fanbase can compete with some of those hooligans from Europe. If you show up in opposing colours in an NFL stadium, you might get beat up. If you do it in A home match for Red Star Belgrade, you will get bloodied and might get killed.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
That's heartbreaking news. Obviously, I'm not a Vikings fan but I immediately recognized his name. I'm moving to Mankato in a week for the MFA program & had read an article about who this year's "Mr Mankato" (standout rookie at training camp) might be. Khyree Jackson was one of the possibilities. Just awful.