Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Soda thread

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
I tried one last week. Not as bad as I had feared, but not sure I’d buy it again, especially since I’m trying to quit soda

Mental Lee ILL

JN News
Reaction score
I think more grocery stores like Safeway, Albertsons, Fry's, and what have you should have more Mello Yellow. Ever since I saw that Dusty Rhodes commercial, I've been wanting that for a long time.

claydude14

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The Pitch Black return was bogus I only ever found it in 20 ounce bottles and it was gone within a month. Like the stupid Christmas fruitcake flavor had 12 packs so I’m pretty salty about this.

Mental Lee ILL

JN News
Reaction score
I now have some cans of Mello Yello inside my fridge in my bedroom. They're all ice cold and ready to drink.

I just did what the late Dusty Rhodes said and just made the "Mello Yello Move".

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
Don't forget about the Pepsi though. Old reliable shouldn't be tossed out like some type of Coke product just because a new sexy soda comes into your life.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6

So I would have been 3 when this happened. Why do I distinctly recall the older fashion soda machine outside our grocery store with a New Coke button?? It is a little hillbilly town, maybe it stayed on for years longer than the product.
--
The gas station next to my house had an old fashion glass bottle soda machine.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
New Coke existed concurrently with Coke Classic for a few years. It wasn’t changed to Coke II until 1990.

Coke II existed in limited markets until 2002 and TIL Coca Cola didn’t drop the classic until 2009. New Coke/Coke II did last quite a while for something that was considered a short lived disaster!

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
Has anyone here tried New Coke? I was always curious about the taste and how if they marketed it as something else, maybe it would have survived.

Staff member
Reaction score
Gonna go to the Coca Cola store in Vegas on Saturday. Will report back on whatever gut rot I drink

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Found the Faygo Firework Soda (firecracker popsicle flavored) in a candy store in Quebec City of all places.

Damn. Just as good as I thought it’s be.