Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Something's wrong with Ric Flair

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Nothing Ric Flair is promoting is advisable for a 73 year old with a history of heart, kidney, and liver issues!

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6

Flair says he's staying retired and doesn't understand why people think he'll come back while he also says in the same breath that he wishes he could keep wrestling. Conrad even mentions Ric's recent tweet about "never retiring" and Flair says people his age should do what they want to.
--
They go into some AWA stories from the early days. Flair loved drinking with Verne as Gagne liked to fuck with people at the bar to try and start fights since he knew how to shoot.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Bischoff said on an episode of 83 Weeks that before Flair, Verne was known as the dude who liked to whip out his meat hammer at the bar after the show. Of course, I'm sure YOU knew that, Brod. It's probably where Flair learned that behavior from.

As soon as I saw Naitch was going to be memorializing Inoki on his podcast I knew we'd get a PBP recap from our man in Wisconsin.

On the Foley podcast I just listened to, Conrad was VERY emphatic that he'd have no involvement in another Flair match but I'm sure if someone told him he could draw another arena crowd and tens of thousands PPV buys again for it...well, you know. Not to mention that if not him, there are plenty of promoters scrupulous enough to let Ric Flair die in their ring if it pads their wallets.

Last edited:

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6

Flair's wife caught him cheating in 1987 so he bought her a 80K car.
Flair's marriage advice is to never admit to anything you have done wrong.

We also learn Flair's wife Beth hid money from him in a wall in the basement.
More whining follows as everybody screwed him from agents to accountants to wives.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
There’s really nothing except alcohol that Flair loves more than talking about the health of his fellow rapidly deteriorating peers.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
I'm not watching it but I'm sure if JR had lent him the money he'd be cool with him whoo wings

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Even in his 2022 cranky, horny old man form, JR has more dignity in his left thumb nail than Flair has in his entire body.

Super Leather

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I totally would've bought this comic had it come out in 1989-90.

Wrestling fans rejoice. Ric Flair is getting his own comic biopic at Scout Comics. Set to debut in April 2023, the one-shot is written by James Haick III with art by Rafael Loureiro. The comic details his fact-or-fiction forays as an international superspy in the 1980s and 1990s.

“We grew up on two things in the 1980’s and 1990’s – Saturday Morning Cartoons and wrestling. When we heard there was an opportunity to do a comic series with The Nature Boy Ric Flair we both jumped at the opportunity to work together again. This has been nearly three years in the making!” –Writer James Haick III and artist Rafael Loureiro

So what’s Codename Ric Flair about?
Richard Fliehr, a mild-mannered professional wrestler, almost dies in a small twin engine plane on the way to a regional wrestling match. The doctors not only save his life – they rebuild him better than before. Treatment makes him stronger than ever and Fliehr is reborn as Ric Flair aka The Nature Boy, who must now use his wrestling persona as cover while he works to save the world as a secret agent.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
I nearly shat a fully decorated Christmas tree when Flair got mad at JR about discussing his personal business. Ric is the biggest gossipy bitch in podcasting when it comes to wrestlers in poor health.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Putting over Faarooq during the war. Whoo.

I bet this pissed Jesse Helms off.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
There's, like, zero chance that Vince doesn't totally ruin the Horsemen, right?
I mean technically no cause I can’t imagine Vince even allowing the Horsemen on his TV. Outside of the Hall of Fame induction, I don’t think they have made any appearances on WWE TV. All of the nostalgia nights on RAW in past decade and I don’t recall Horsemen showing up once.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I mean technically no cause I can’t imagine Vince even allowing the Horsemen on his TV. Outside of the Hall of Fame induction, I don’t think they have made any appearances on WWE TV. All of the nostalgia nights on RAW in past decade and I don’t recall Horsemen showing up once.
Closest was probably the Raw after WM 24.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, I feel like they had multiple Horsemen in the ring for that and Flair’s 70th birthday a few years ago and maybe even the four fingers were flashed but I doubt there has been an advertised Horsemen reunion on WWE TV.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Unless they're with Heenan the Horsemen are fucked.

I'd also wager Vince wouldn't put up with Flair getting more over than Dibiase, the cartoon homegrown Flair. Then he'd get polkadotted and feud with Garvin again.