Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Speaking Out: David Starr Countless Others Named

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
That style is dead in America for at least ten years.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
There could and probably SHOULD be a Dark Side of the Ring episode on CHIKARA in a couple years. Their intentions were so good but it turns out the people who ran it were so bad. Feel free to use that tagline, Viceland.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Point very well taken. I probably should've said their intentions were SEEMINGLY so good. Especially after the Wavra stuff. Quack, afaik, only did general "WRESTLING IS FOR EVERYONE!" schtick but Wavra really was a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
Kinda reminds me of the feeling I got when I saw former UFC fighter slash pedophile Hermes Franca was teaching bjj classes with kids in them.

I don’t wanna shift responsibility away from the system or the pedo but I have to question the parents in this case. Maybe they’re unaware, but a quick google search on this guy should bring it up. If I had a kid, I don’t think I could live with myself if I entrusted them to the care of a well-known pedo. Also, why are you even sending your kids to wrestling training?!

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Kinda reminds me of the feeling I got when I saw former UFC fighter slash pedophile Hermes Franca was teaching bjj classes with kids in them.

I don’t wanna shift responsibility away from the system or the pedo but I have to question the parents in this case. Maybe they’re unaware, but a quick google search on this guy should bring it up. If I had a kid, I don’t think I could live with myself if I entrusted them to the care of a well-known pedo. Also, why are you even sending your kids to wrestling training?!
I got really into the Karate Kid movies, parents enrolled me into Karate classes. I'm guessing similar situation? Kids got into combat sports on TV so parents figured it was a healthy extra curriculum and, oops it's a pedo teacher.

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I am just so amazed this guy won't take his L and go away. At least David Starr cut off communication from everyone.

Lazgistics Supervisor

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Starr is the still the one that upsets me the most. He was so, so, sooooo fucking talented in every aspect, and legitimately trying to make the business side better for the workers, but had to go and be a shithead. Then the conspiracy theorist in me starts acting up, but I stifle it by reminding myself that he's admitted it and left the industry behind as a result.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I stifle it by reminding myself that he's admitted it and left the industry behind as a result.
There were (are?) those rumors that he is dating Solo Darling and I have a hard time imagining a performer as driven as he was (is?) quitting forever but if he practices what he preaches then he should never be seen again. The cynic in me though says he might show up somewhere like CZW or IWA Mid South as a reclamation project.

Idk if I have even seen a match of his beyond half watching some IWTV stuff this weekend on laptop while Collective shows were on big screen but I legit think I am going to buy a shirt of John Wayne Murdoch cause he seems like such a real one for being only one to properly respond to Teddy’s goofy ass reappearing.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Teddy has aged into exactly the sort of guy you see on true crime shows who murdered their girlfriend. Potential reached.

Valeyard

Reaction score
I've brought him to the attention of a few big true crime Youtubers who are just waiting for something to actually happen that they can't be sued for. I hate how interesting he is.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
If Teddy Hart was black there isn't anyway he wouldn't be serving like 10 life sentences by now. It just is what it is.

Valeyard

Reaction score
He never looked like a Hart. Like there's telltale facial genes he doesn't have.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Maybe it's cause his mom is the Hart?

1618536338389.png
A quick Google search shows, he definitely looks more like BJ Annis than a Hart. Yeah, Teddy is a real Annis.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Hannibal, the Canadian indie wrestling gadfly who conducts a bunch of shoot interviews is an unreliable, possessive and dangerous asshole.

Hey who knew a guy that spends most of his time around carny old school wrestlers would develop these traits?

@Laz and @The Valeyard might become fans though after learning he punched Justin Credible in the ribs so hard he was unable to work!

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I enjoy the majority of the wrestlers he interviews but he is a poor interviewer himself and he always comes off as a douche who is one of the "last great workers". Not surprised by any of this.