Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Stock Market Game 2021

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
Bought a little bit of CLNN a couple of years ago on a shitty whim and it lost most of it's value. As a kick in the dick, they reorganized to keep themselves on the market and out of penny stocks or whatever and charged me 38 bucks, almost the same amount as my initial gamble.

So after having this shit happen a few times with some of my early shit stock picks, I got uppity in the past week and sold most of my shitty performers off and streamlined my portfolio.

Down to a big chunk of SPLG (S and P 500), 15K of QQQ, 15K or so of Walmart stock, 12 or so shares of NVDA, a couple grand of QCOM and one whole share of Google, which is my big winner at nearly 100 percent gains.

I'm getting smarter, but feel a lot dumber for the past.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Somebody whisper in my ear what Buffet is planning to load up on so I can get in on the ride.
---
ASTS was a bit of a meme stock last year, but now I regret not loading up. I am at almost 100 percent gain on my 3 little shares as it has blown up in the past few months. It was as low as 2 bucks not so long ago. Now pushing 20 bucks a share. (A bit less given the recent market down turn)
If the tech works.... to the moon.

Dandy

Reaction score
Even before today, I am down $42,000 over the last two weeks (give or take). I expect to be down another $10,000 when tomorrow’s update loads. This will continue to go down. If you are contributing in a routine manner like a 401k, consider increasing your contribution over the next few months. . .if you are able to do so without putting yourself in a bind. You’re buying things at a steep discount with these dips.

Dandy

Reaction score
I also must say:

1) I have not “lost” anything as gains and losses are only realized when you take the money out of the tax deferred investment, and

2) I am still way up on the year and way, way, way up on the lifetime. Never sweat when the investment goes down if it is for something you plan to access 20+ years from now. There is always a bounce back and that dip and recovery is where huge gains are made.

I was at a 27% gain on the Year-to-Date through June. So it will take a hell of a negative return just to erase all that. Never panic. Invest.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I need a crystal ball....

ASTS shot up 45% this AM. I am now up over 214 percent on the stock and it is up over 400 percent this year.

I have 3 little shares and could have bought for as low as 2.00 recently as the stock now sits at above 30. My buy in was around 9.
Wall St Bets nailed this one last year.