Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Strange Wrestling (IRL) Feuds

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Dutch rules, though. Highly underrated worker, hell of a commentator, and maybe the only old guy who can still understand the business (mostly). What did he do to Flair?

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
When MAGA Grandpas turn against each other.

I think Flair is one of the only wrestlers that I'd side with Dutch against in 2023.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Dutch rules, though. Highly underrated worker, hell of a commentator, and maybe the only old guy who can still understand the business (mostly). What did he do to Flair?
Shit on Flairs last match, said it ruined his legacy and that Flair likely blew all the money he claims he made on that deal.

Then doubled down when Flair responded and said if he wanted to be in the same shape as Flair, he would just go to the bar.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
How have you of all people not been aware of Chavo and Rey.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
How have you of all people not been aware of Chavo and Rey.
Sounded like Rey is doing something recently. Rey has been doing Eddy tributes since 2007, so I assumed Chavo's outburst must have been triggered by something.
I haven't watched this shit regularly for years.

Edit: Ahh fuck, I just now realized Chavo's tweet wasn't part of my post, just the meme.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm more on Chavo's side than not. He isn't just going after Rey for no reason or anything. He's talking about how WWE and Rey have been using Eddie's shit for all this time and Eddie's kids get nothing from it and how it is exploitative. Vickie signed away the rights to it all apparently which lol. Chavo also says that Rey and Eddie weren't best friends IRL.

The WWE added Eddie's "Viva La Raza" to the lWo theme which only boosts Chavo's argument IMO. I've thought the Eddie "tribute" stuff has gone from tribute to exploitation some time ago.

@909 was talking about in chat the other night about how respected Chavo is so I don't think he's just some bitter old fuck. He just wants his family taken care of and Eddie's memory to be respected.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I get both sides tbh. Even they weren’t close personally, Rey and Eddie were so tied together professionally that I get why Rey has done so many homages.

On the other hand, I wonder if all of the Eddie memorializing has kind of distracted from how truly magnificent of a performer Rey is.

And Chavo has every right to be annoyed by Rey’s constant tributes. Eddie has been gone for almost two decades now (jeez, we are getting old) and between this and Vickie’s drama with her kids, Idk if he has ever truly gotten a chance to rest in peace. His after life seems almost as tumultuous as his time on this mortal coil!

Valeyard

Reaction score
I really don't care either way, but we can all learn something from Antonio Pena's wife who carries her husband's ashes with her to every show and has heels spill them for heat.

Valeyard

Reaction score
You can't not even before people got as hideous as they are now. I don't care to an extent but I also do not like my escapism doing the same thing as everywhere else.

Besides it's more suspect that Punk is going for cheap/heat.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Punk has been a vocal supporter of these issues outside of wrestling, it's one of the few things I'm not sceptical about with him.

Zeb isn't right at all because he's clearly doing this as part of his gimmick first off. Second supporting human rights isn't political, its common decency. There's a difference between doing exploitative angles and allowing workers to voice their opinions like that. AEW has never been over the top with this stuff either.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
This was also a dark match segment so it’s not like he was exploiting it for clout (except for the 8,000 or so people in the arena).

Valeyard

Reaction score
That is the laziest smark bait anyone can lay out. That said I wish Punk learned years ago to half-ass when he had to and just bust out some greatest hits for health purposes. Hogan is one of the greatest examples of working smarter and not harder.

I've grown to genuinely hate Bischoff. I never liked him whatsoever but he's turned into this extremely objectionable creature over the last few years.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
@BruiserBrody foams at the mouth.

This is in response to Bischoff saying Hulk Hogan was a better worker than CM Punk is on his stupid podcast.
Using the Al Snow metric, he is. (This was my dumbed down reaction after a 37 paragraph post response went off in my head. NGL.)
It's kind of funny with all the shit talk Punk has gotten since last summer that a comment from ATM Eric was able to trigger him.
If that's the case then he and the Elite really aren't going to meet in the middle and make some money before the buzz is gone.