Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

The LOL At Nu-Metal thread

Gary

If You're Into It, I'm Out of It
Reaction score
Also, the Nu Metal Madness Tour is coming to my state on July 22nd. The venue seem to mostly get tribute bands, but hey, Saliva will be performing on Sept 9th, Saving Abel on Oc 8th, Puddle of Mudd Nov 8th, Tantric on Oct 9th and Michael Winslow and Jimy JJ Walker Dec Dec 9th (I'd go to that). It's actually better than what my town gets (nothing)

In not Nu Metal news, Venom Inc on Nov 4th, which I'd see because Eyehategod and Ringworm are opening.

Last edited:

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Slipknot's still around and dropping new songs in lieu of their latest album coming out in September!

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
WHAT THE H?

Epic for the Summer

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I saw Korn live at the Garden the summer before this show aired and they played One which blew my mind at the time. Totally wasn't shocked at this performance.

Last edited:

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
I saw Korn live at the Garden the summer before this show aired and they played One which blew my mind at the time. Totally wasn't shocked at this performance.

Was that the show with Deadsy and Puddle of Mudd opening? If it was, I was at that show, and remember them playing One. It was great.

Epic for the Summer

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I was SUPER into Kittie in the early 2000s partly because a girl I had a huge crush on the time was obsessed with them. She was also the only girl in my school that I knew liked metal. Nothing happened between us and I fell off Kittie for awhile but I did a deep dive on their later material ("Until the Ends" and on) a few years and they actually sort of improved as a group. That documentary that came out a few years ago on them was a pretty good watch as well. A group of teen female Canadians hitting the metal scene hit just at the right time in 2000.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Looking Kittie up this weekend was weirdly timely. They reunited this weekend for the When We Were Young Festival. Which seems odd since they seem like a weird fit for a mostly emo/pop punk festival but I guess the festival needed some more females and emo/pop punk is almost as much of a sausagefest than nu metal (Paramore aside)

Big Papa Paegan

L. A. Z.
Reaction score
Like most of nu metal, blame it on Korn. David Silveria was a jazz drummer, and this revelation, much like the guitarists using 7-strings, led to a lot of imitators.