Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

The Office

Mik

Lightswitch Rave!
Reaction score
Well, they officially announced today that this is the last year and they are going to try to pull out all the stops. Here's hoping.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Apparently Bryan Cranston is directing an episode this season. :)

@rainnwilson: Free meth for The Office! (look who's directing...)

proxy.jpg

Spaceman Spiff

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Greg Daniels will be back as show-runner, too. We're also supposed to find out who's behind the documentary.

AntiLeaf33

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Hopefully they can send the show off on a high note. Last season seemed so uneventful. They would set up some major points, and then do nothing with them

DrVenkman PhD

You don't know me and you don't have to know me
Reaction score
The turtle stuff was pretty good.
I enjoyed the interaction with the crew at the beginning.
Toby was good throughout.
"Now I know why Michael hated you so much".

Jenna Fischer also looks good again.

bps21

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Episode was much much better than all of last year. It's annoying that someone like Jim who spent 8 years getting everything he ever wanted is depressed about it. I mean...it's fine since it will move the storyline and all...but you know it's not going anywhere that interesting in the end.

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Well, he got the girl...but he still has the same job he never really wanted. Thats what happened with office jobs like that. I'm in the same position as I've been at the same company for going on 5 years with no signs of moving up or going anywhere. It just sneaks up on you.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I missed it? I didn't even realize it was on. Guess I need to catch it On Demand. Thank god for On Demand.

A Happy Medium

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I enjoyed the episode. The lack of Spader was refreshing. There was a lot more life to the proceedings.

And Oscar's a starfucker. To me, that's where the real intrigue comes from.

Reaction score
I love that Dwight had tickets to SLAYER.
Creed being out of it with his explanation of the day's events as a circus was great.
Jim taking the new job should be interesting.

DrVenkman PhD

Reaction score
My DVR decided not to record it (DVR history says "recording cancelled by the system" - ok then), Demonoid wasn't working the other day, and the file I downloaded from isohunt was password protected and demanded I go to some link, do a survery, then get the password. That wasn't happening.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
You didn't miss much - Dwight joined Al Qaeda (sp?), Roy's rich, Jim's still holding out on Pam and Erin almost got gang banged by the new guys til one grew a conscience - which led to Andy looking more like a colossal fool in sub WWE character development

Does NBC.com work in Canada? They stream.

DrVenkman PhD

Reaction score
I would easily watch the episode on Global.ca or NBC.com (using my US DNS), but then it would be on a computer and not my TV. I would watch it on demand, but then it wouldn't be HD.

I'll grab it somewhere by next week.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
Stephen Colbert is taking a rare step away from his anchor desk at "The Colbert Report" to make some beautiful music on "The Office", Entertainment Weekly reports.

Colbert, 48, will appear in the NBC comedy's Halloween episode as Broccoli Rob, a former member of Andy's a cappella group Here Comes Treble.

The rivalry between Andy (Ed Helms) and Broccoli Rob heats up when Andy learns that Rob is spreading different stories about the group and causing some drama.

The Halloween episode is set to air on Oct. 25.

Colbert and Helms worked together at "The Daily Show" alongside former "Office" star Steve Carell.

The show has previously paid host to other "Daily Show" alums, including Rob Riggle, Larry Wilmore and Carell's wife Nancy Carell.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Office-S...t-1053270.aspx

Read more: http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/showthread.php?t=304194#ixzz27t6TGnu6

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Venk, computers can hook up to TVs nowadays. You should check it out.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Did we really need New Jim and Dwight? The show already has over a dozen damn characters.

rollie

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Erin almost got gang banged by the new guys til one grew a conscience

I thought it was only Clark Duke doing that weird ploy and the other guy was just generally incredulous that it was working (his expressions when Andy first enters that storyline and how he got Erin out of it). They did it before with Charles Minor but I do think it works when they introduce a normal character to generally be completely bemused and shocked at how that office operates

Although the whole thing with her and New Jim at the end was weird. They spent the last season (I assume) trying to get people to root for Erin and Andy - get them together at the end of the season. Then immediately introduce a new character who, unless they turn him heel at some point, is portrayed as a nice, normal guy and start portraying Andy as an idiot. So do they now want the audience to root for New Jim (with Erin as New Pam) essentially 4-5 episodes after paying off the previous love story involving Erin?

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
I like that the new guys are named Clark and Pete, but I'm kind of a nerd.