Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

The Office

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Asian Jim was great.

Andy not realizing that he is going to lose Erin just seems so weird after the time they have put into that relationship.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
HSJ said:
He is also a crappy boss.

I feel like last season they'd already written all of Michael Scott's material, and when they remembered the character wouldn't be back they just did a cut/paste with Andy's name. He's turned into the exact character.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Did anyone see Mindy Kaling's new series? Jesus.. she was fine as a third tier actor/writer on the Office but I can't buy this girl in any sort of lead role. She's just not that great of an actress.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Andy is just coming across as kind of a dick this season. And I echo the sentiments about it being weird he'd lose Erin after all the trouble he went through last season.

Asian Jim was the best prank Jim's ever pulled.

bps21

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It was boring and weird since it tried to have emotional playoffs to things that you don't care about. Also now that the original writer is back Andy is just written to be Michael most of the time. First episode of the season gave me hope...and that was unwarranted

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
First time this season the cold opening left me cold.

I hate Michael-Andy.

DrVenkman PhD

You don't know me and you don't have to know me
Reaction score
I have to admit I laughed way, way more than I should have at Creed hitching with the Workbus in an attempt to not go to work. Like, a "paused the recording so I could keep laughing" laugh. I had to do that about 4 or 5 times during P&R though.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Hitch hiking Creed was definitely a highlight. He's Jim's stepfather.

Spaceman Spiff

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Pam's way off base with her distaste for a rhubarb pie. Strawberry rhubarb pie is delish.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
I pretty much echo what other people are saying. I thought Andy's lines were all written for Michael last season.

People don't like Nellie. I get it. But the stuff they have Andy doing; just hating on her, isn't the least bit funny.

Show's just gone too stale. The idea of Jim shutting down work, which people rely on, for a week is obnoxious.

Spaceman Spiff

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm sure they'd get vacation pay, so it's not like they'd be missing out on money. Maybe commissions, but I'm sure the sales staff would just work from home if they wanted.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Everyone was happy with Jim, as the implications was they would get paid but not have to go to work due to "building issues". This season hasn't been the best but still much better than last year.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Creed was the only goof thing about tonight's episode. The Dwight/Nellie, and Andy stuff was just annoying really. Colbert's cameo was alright, cause I didn't know it was coming. Otherwise... I'm glad it's the last season. They're grasping.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
Dwight wouldn't CUT a pumpkin off? Doesn't fit his character at all to walk around like a goof when a easy solution is available. At least make Kevin the foil as he's an established tard. PB scene was terrible too.

Uninspired costumes for all.

Erin's line about love made me laugh.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
The only amusement I got (outside of Creed) was Toby's attraction to Ugly Toby. Halloween is usually a good episode for this show.

Reaction score
BRODY said:
Dwight wouldn't CUT a pumpkin off? Doesn't fit his character at all to walk around like a goof when a easy solution is available. At least make Kevin the foil as he's an established tard. PB scene was terrible too.

They showed that he was scared of it hurting him if he tried to get it off other ways.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
Jaxxxson Mayhem said:
BRODY said:

They showed that he was scared of it hurting him if he tried to get it off other ways.

It's a Pumpkin! I don't know why a base ball bat was considered the best option. Alpha Male Dwight would have cut that bitch off in a heart beat not "It will rot off in a month or 2" It was a poor premise.

StGabe

St. Gabe
Reaction score
Are you guys not seeing the "depressed Dwight" angle? They have changed the character to show his unhappiness. I think it is working. The Andy stuff...not so much.

treble

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The way they're planting the seeds for his spin-off is a little distracting.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
The Andy stuff has just been brutal since Michael left. I think they're trying to make him the exact same character

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah the 'Nard dog has been pretty unlikable as boss.

Creed was hilarious.

The last two seasons this show has been a chore to watch. I feel like I'm only watching it at this point so I don't miss anything and for completion sake, not because I'm expecting it to be funny or anything.