Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

The Office

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I can't believe how much Andy brings the show down now. I have really enjoyed the episodes where he isn't around.

New Jim reenacting word-for-word Die Hard for a heartbroken Erin is p. cute.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
Last two episodes have been the strongest of the season. What the point of a cliffhanger in a sitcom anyway? Strong mid-season finale.

Impish or admirable!

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
HSJ said:
I can't believe how much Andy brings the show down now. I have really enjoyed the episodes where he isn't around.

New Jim reenacting word-for-word Die Hard for a heartbroken Kelly is p. cute.
It would be funny if they started calling Erin Kelly again since there is no longer a secon Kelly in the office.

Mik

Lightswitch Rave!
Reaction score
Considering they are STILL bringing up the Scranton Strangler, I think they are going to have to pay that off.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
BRODY said:
Mik said:
Considering they are STILL bringing up the Scranton Strangler, I think they are going to have to pay that off.

Toby being the strangler sure seems to have been the long term tease
Dude...

Never even thought of that and it makes so much sense.

DrVenkman PhD

You don't know me and you don't have to know me
Reaction score
Why would Toby convince a jury to not have a bogus Strangler thrown in jail? Is the theory that he wants to be caught?

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Mik said:
Toby and Gabe are the internet's main suspects.
I realize this, now, after Googling Brody's theory. To be fair I watched all the seasons back to back for the first time ever leading up to last season's premiere. These last 2 are the only ones I've watched week to week so it's one big blur for me.

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It makes sense to bring Gabe back for one shot for him to be The Scranton Strangler with his obsession with horror movies and his overall weird character - but does the timeframe work?

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, where is Gabe?? He was one of the better new characters.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Oh, Wallace only bought DM? I had assumed he bought all of Sabre as well.

Mik

Lightswitch Rave!
Reaction score
HSJ said:
It makes sense to bring Gabe back for one shot for him to be The Scranton Strangler with his obsession with horror movies and his overall weird character - but does the timeframe work?

I haven't confirmed this myself but apparently the Scranton Strangler only started getting mentioned after Sabre rolled in and Gabe was in Scranton so I think it just might.

Also one time he threatened Andy and got really angry and said Andy had no idea of what Gabe was capable of doing to him.

My personal hole in this theory: if he strangles women all the time why is Erin still alive since he was very angry with her. If he was a serial killer then that probably would have been enough of a trigger to take care of her.

bps21

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Serial killers never take out their significant others. Well...most of the time they don't have one...but the serial rapist slash murderer around here was married for the whole time he was doing it over decades.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
As the NBC comedy The Office winds down its final season, some big name talent is coming onboard to helm one of the last episodes. TV Line reports that Jon Favreau will helm an episode of the series later this season, though scheduling is still being worked out so it’s unknown exactly which installment he’ll direct. Throughout the show’s past nine seasons a number of famous directors have stepped in to helm episodes (Joss Whedon, J.J. Abrams, Harold Ramis, Marc Webb, Seth Gordon, Jason Reitman, Paul Feig, Bryan Cranston), so Favreau’s involvement isn’t entirely out of the ordinary. The Iron Man director has previous experience in the TV world, as he directed the final episode of Judd Apatow’s series Undeclared.

TV Line also has news concerning the now-defunct Dwight spinoff The Farm. The episode that was to serve as a backdoor pilot for the new series will still air as a part of the current final ninth season, but showrunner Greg Daniels revealed that they won’t be airing “exactly what it was.” Additional material will be shot in order to make the episode fit into this current season more.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Feels like they're trying too hard to make quirky and wacky stories happen. It's just on autopilot until the end really.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
The Dwight/Clark half on the episode was great. The everyone overly exaggeratedly hopped up on espresso was pretty bad. And done to death on tv in general.

Creed possibly swiping the ring was good too

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
BRODY said:
Somebody come over and block NBC on my DVR so I stop subjecting myself to this.
Is there an option to block therealtsm.com from your ISP as well?

DrVenkman PhD

Reaction score
BRODY said:
Somebody come over and block NBC on my DVR so I stop subjecting myself to this.

How would you watch the 30 Rock finale or Parks and Rec? If the answer is you don't watch either, then block us from your ISP and GTFO.

DrVenkman PhD

Reaction score
A friend keeps telling me there's internet speculation about that but I've just been assuming all the hints are leading to them working it all out by or in the finale. It got pretty heavy tonight though.