Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

The Office

DrVenkman PhD

You don't know me and you don't have to know me
Reaction score
As is a "a strangely familiar looking branch manager" (as in someone reminds her of an old manager) according to the same synopsis.

Either next week or the week after also specifically says Erin tells Pete she's going to break up with Andy

MillenniumMan831

Monsoon_Classic
Reaction score
I wish Pretend Andy got the bonus check.

It was a hoot seeing Frank Costanza's old flame in the nail salon.

DrVenkman PhD

Reaction score
Seinfeld. King of the Hill. American Girl.

One of these timeless TV references does not belong. Also, 2-3 weeks off is NOT a break, it's the holidays. It's not like a cable show that takes a 3 month hiatus mid-season.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
The Quebecian dub of King of the Hill takes place in Canada instead of Texas.

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
"You are on thin ice."
"Vanilla....Vanilla Ice."

It is literally like they just continued to write Michael Scott and had Ed Helms play him.

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Any word on if Gabe is back for the rest of the season?

And boo to the payoff of the Scranton Strangler being weak.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
HSJ said:
"You are on thin ice."
"Vanilla....Vanilla Ice."

It is literally like they just continued to write Michael Scott and had Ed Helms play him.

Yeah. It's like they wrote Michael's stuff a couple years in advance, and when he left they just did a copy/paste with Andy's name over Michael's.

I'm so goddamn tired of Andy. They get him and Erin together, and it's kinda cute. Then they break them up without any real explanation. It was just done so they could get them back together. It just happens...then they break them up again. They've just ruined any good the character has ever been.

I was tired of Michael by the time he left the show, so I wasn't sad to see him go. Had I known the writers would be lost without him I'd have rather he stayed.

If this wasn't the last season I think I'd have given up already.

aaaaaand by DVR cut it off before it was over

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
At least Michael had redeeming moments/qualities. Andy is like Michael without any kind of filter in place. Aka terrible.

MillenniumMan831

Monsoon_Classic
Reaction score
Venk knows that I have never liked Andy. I feel vindicated although he repulses me now more than ever.

DrVenkman PhD

Reaction score
I do know that, and meant to bring that up awhile ago. It seems like this year they remembered Andy was an antagonist / asshole in seasons 3 and 4, forgot they tried to redeem him as a loveable dork after The Hangover and had to work harder than ever to make him a jerkass who you wouldn't sympathize with.

Wasn't it a bit self-serving of the documentary crew to film their own pop-up ad for the debut of "The Office: An American Workplace - 10 Years in the Making"? And isn't that title kind of long? Oh well, I really did enjoy this episode.

bps21

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The debut of the in show series based on the show is going to be the catalyst for Jim and Pam to get over their shit and work it out isn't it? That kind of works. At least for people who don't want the Pam cheats on Jim and then he kills himself ending.

They'll like be in separate towns and both be watching the documentary footage and run to each other.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
That was a painfully bad episode. Andy becoming a vindictive prick felt totally out of left field and did not work at all.

bps21

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Really? Andy tried to sabotage the one chick adopting a baby and tried to fire her because she tried to take his job. That's like...the definition of vindictive.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm not convinced the Toby/Strangler storyline is wrapped up. The cameras were not there for their meeting. Who's to say it didn't go like this...

Toby: I know you're innocent b/c I'm the real strangler.

Strangler: ARGH!!!! *grabs Toby by the neck*