Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

The Office

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Regular themed bps21 said:
The debut of the in show series based on the show is going to be the catalyst for Jim and Pam to get over their shit and work it out isn't it? That kind of works.

I've been thinking the same thing. Pam sees emo Jim footage from season and takes Johnny Boom Mic's dick out of her ass and runs to Jim.

I had more Andy bitching that I forgot about. The whole deal where he called up Jan and lost the new account. Oh, how wacky. I'd have been ok with it I'd they'd made it funny. No, there was no joke there. It just happened.

Mik

Lightswitch Rave!
Reaction score
Can't call the episode anything too horrible due to Odenkirk doing his best Michael Scott impression but other than that, it wasn't very strong.

I'd rank The Office just a little below 24 and a little above Entourage on "wounded animal limping slowly towards its death" status. Nothing will touch the awfulness of that least season of Entourage but we're pushing those limits.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Not a terrible episode, but I can see why The Farm wasn't picked up.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Tiger Style said:
Not a terrible episode, but I can see why The Farm wasn't picked up.

Yeah. I don't think I need twenty episodes a year of off the wall Schrute culture and wacky customs.

Mik

Lightswitch Rave!
Reaction score
The only thing I could think while watching it was that we were all spared a true Joey type laughingstock of a show.

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
Repeats before and repeats after. That episode reeked of "we have the footage and we're going to waste time by airing it."

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yes, that was pretty funny. Who would've thought that one of the best parts of an episode would involve Andy.. To be fair, it felt like the Andy of old who wasn't an annoying dickhead boss.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
http://www.deadline.com/2013/03/rainn-wilson-set-as-the-lead-in-cbs-pilot-backstrom/#utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Deadline said:
After a lengthy search, The Office‘s Rainn Wilson has been tapped for the title role in the CBS/20th TV drama pilot Backstrom. Also cast in the project, based on the Swedish book series, is Page Kennedy. Written by Bones creator Hart Hanson, Backstrom centers on Everett Backstrom (Wilson), an overweight, offensive, irascible detective as he tries, and fails, to change his self-destructive behavior. In addition to starring, Wilson will serve as a producer. He segues to Backstrom straight from The Office, which wrapped production on its ninth and final episode yesterday. Wilson, repped by WME and 3 Arts, played one of the Emmy-winning comedy series’ signature characters, Dwight Schrute, since the pilot. He also co-created and toplined a potential Dwight-centered Office spinoff, The Farm. After it didn’t go forward, Wilson became a hot commodity for pilots, fielding multiple offers. He turned all down, including walking away from a six-episode guarantee on NBC comedy Donor Party, but I hear he responded strongly to Backstrom. This marks Wilson’s return to drama series a decade after his recurring gig on HBO’s Six Feet Under. Kennedy, repped by Abrams Artists Agency and Principato-Young, plays Officer Frank Moto, member of the Special Crimes Unit. He joins co-stars Kristoffer Polaha and Dennis Haysbert.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Rainn Wilson posted this on his Facebook. It's a sign-in sheet for auditions for the show. Both he and Jenna Fischer made it to the show. Adam Scott and Alan Tudyrk were denied roles. Those guys are comic gold.

544085_10151495776968555_1749233138_n.jpg

Mik

Lightswitch Rave!
Reaction score
I actually really liked last night's episode. Andy getting trolled was good... but Angela and Oscar's call to the Senator was really funny, I thought.

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
As stupid as it has been, I really got a kick out of Dwight shooting Stanley with the darts.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Usual Office stuff. The Andy, Pam, and Jim stuff was awful. The rest was ok. Good Creed moments.

DrVenkman PhD

You don't know me and you don't have to know me
Reaction score
Is that the end of the Pam/Jim plot, and now we get 3 episodes with closure on the documentary and Andy's acting career?

Taxman

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I hope that's the end of it. It wasn't so much that I didn't want them to split, it was just a fast forward worthy storyline. I did like the wedding flashback though, so I guess I'm somewhat split.

bps21

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Interesting that they went kind of the same way as the original office with Jim giving his approval of Dwight as manager to corporate in the end. In the British one Tim actually turns down the job himself and recommends Gareth...but it's the same gist here.

Other than that glad we are two weeks away from the end. Though I did like this episode just fine.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
I just can't get over how awful the Andy stuff has been this year. What could have actually been a good send off for him was just shit because of how bad the character has been this year.

I liked the Dwight stuff.

Mik

Lightswitch Rave!
Reaction score
Jim/Pam might be over in the marital problems sense, but whether or not Jim stays and wastes his life away at Dunder Mifflin or attempts to actually make something of his life is up in the air.

I think Pam is going to come around, but who knows.

Vigo

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Youth N Asia said:
I just can't get over how awful the Andy stuff has been this year. What could have actually been a good send off for him was just shit because of how bad the character has been this year.

Agreed. The whole episode I just was thinking just go away already, Andy. Like fuck, just a super annoying character.

Mik

Lightswitch Rave!
Reaction score
They had a wrap party in actual Scranton the other day... looks like it was a lot of fun. The big news was that Steve Carrell showed up unexpectantly giving everyone a little thrill.

http://splitsider.com/2013/05/the-office-wrap-party-was-this-weekend-and-it-was-awesome/

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
Doc Scurlock said:
Youth N Asia said:

Agreed. The whole episode I just was thinking just go away already, Andy. Like fuck, just a super annoying character.

Worse yet, he's back this week. I honestly thought they had finished his story last week.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
BRODY said:
Doc Scurlock said:
Youth N Asia said:

Worse yet, he's back this week. I honestly thought they had finished his story last week.

I read that. Pissed me off and made his awful send off even more meaningless.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
They are probably doing something similar to what happened with David Brent when he was fired from that Office.

DrVenkman PhD

You don't know me and you don't have to know me
Reaction score
Next week there is a 1 hour special on before the finale. I assume it's just a NBC retrospective but I'm kind of hoping it's the hour long version of the in-universe documentary.