Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

The Office

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
The writers are just oblivious to how bad the Andy writing is this year.

Everything else was just great though. Best episode of the season by far.

Mik

Lightswitch Rave!
Reaction score
I thought it was really strong. I of course disagree with everything Jim is doing but I actually enjoyed the way they sort of wrapped that up. It was a nice callback and a good moment. Still, though, it's only 3 months and Jim could be losing out on his one shot at big money. 3 months! That's nothing... ok, I'm done. Although I hope Darryl shows up filthy fucking rich for this finale.

I actually really enjoyed the Dwight/Angela stuff although I didn't think I would. I think they did a decent job with that too.

Andy stuff was awful, yeah of course.

I like that the finale is 6 months ahead. Dwight/Angela wedding is also a scenario where a cameo appearance of a Michael Scott joint would make sense.

treble

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Why were they still filming them if the documentary was airing that night?

tonyjaymz03

Kinsey
Reaction score
They should've made Dwight manager from the start of Michael leaving.

tumblr_mmk99lZuo71rdh9g0o1_500.gif

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Kinsey said:
They should've made Dwight manager from the start of Michael leaving.

tumblr_mmk99lZuo71rdh9g0o1_500.gif

Could have saved us from a lot of bad tv. I just can't get over how bad the writers have made Andy.

The Dwight and Angela stuff was really good last night. Dwight using the megaphone to overly express his love was good. Even if Jim is throwing away his future I'm glad they squashed the break up storyline.

Mik

Lightswitch Rave!
Reaction score
It was well done but it doesn't take away from the fact that Athlead wasn't asking him to divorce her. It's 3 damn months.

DrVenkman PhD

You don't know me and you don't have to know me
Reaction score
treble said:
Why were they still filming them if the documentary was airing that night?

For the prologue or other part, I guess. Same with the 6 months later finale.

I like the pay-off with the letter. It was touching.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
This episode just kind of made me upset at how bad the show's been since Michael left. Ignoring the Andy scenes, this was the best episode in a long time. I'm still holding out hope that Pam tells Jim to go on the trip. Because, seriously, 3 months! I'd be shoved out the door if I had an opportunity like that.

bps21

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The next episode takes place 6 months later...he'd have already been back 3 months. What a bitch.

DrVenkman PhD

Reaction score
I hope we learn that Schrute Bucks are back in full force.

Did anyone else think Dwight was going to change the sign from a 5 to a 0 when Jim showed it?

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, but it's better he didn't. Dwight's obliviousness was the best.

DrVenkman PhD

Reaction score
Yeah obviously for the rest of the plot that was for the better, but without knowing the direction I thought it would be a one off gag.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
All of it post-Farm episode was tweaked due to the Farm not getting picked up.

Also, Dwight is the father of Angela's baby for real? I thought he had a DNA test done last season that said otherwise? Unless I'm remembering wrong?

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
I just assumed Angela used her new State Senator's-wife powers to get them falsified.

bps21

Integral Poster
Reaction score
tekcop said:
I just assumed Angela used her new State Senator's-wife powers to get them falsified.

Yes. The one piece of footage this camera crew was apparently unable to catch in 8 years.

bps21

Integral Poster
Reaction score
A guy at work today asked me whatever happened to the boom mic guy...and I said it was weird because that last shot of that episode where you see him looking at Pam with the voice over about falling in love with someone while seeing them every day or whatever...it seemed like that was going somewhere and just got dropped out of nowhere.

Then I realized what happened. NBC didn't pick up the spin off for Dwight.

So the series finale is Dwight's wedding with Angela? Well...that certainly wasn't the plan back when they were trying to get him his own show. The farmers daughter character was created specifically for that show. So becoming manager and proposing to Angela...those things weren't going to happen if the Farm went to series. So what was the original ending of this show?

I figure it was something like Pam and Jim are still struggling and then the doc starts and Jim sees it in Philly and Pam sees it in Scranton and they run to each other...like how Jim ended up using clips from the doc to tell her how he felt last ep.

But it still leaves the original question...what was the deal going to be with the boom mic guy?

If anyone ever finds themselves talking to a writer or producer of this show...do me a favor and ask them how it was going to end before NBC passed on The Farm.

Thanks in advance.

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
They wrote off the boom mic guy, didn't they? He told Pam and Jim to go to counseling and now Pam is forcing Jim to stay in Scranton.

bps21

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah that's what I mean. They wrote him off after doing a pretty good job building him up...and it happened at about the same time they'd have been scrapping their whole plans for the finale because Dwight wasn't getting a spin off. I really want to know what they were originally going to be doing...because it wasn't Dwight's wedding.

C Dubya 09

Integral Poster
Reaction score
They had that other scene where everyone made Pam go talk to him b/c they were afraid of what was recorded and he told Pam they had the long distance recordings then she weirded out and left. I think that was all there was meant to be of him.

bps21

Integral Poster
Reaction score
No way. They layered in things in on purpose and then dropped it when the Farm didn't get picked up. What was the original plan for the finale since what they're doing was 100% undoable if the Farm wasn't an unwatchable disaster.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Totally gonna :'( when this finishes tonight. It's certainly fell off in the last few years but at it's peak this was one of the best comedy television shows of the last ten years.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The Steve Carrell cameo was so bizarre. I guess he got paid per word or something? ;)