Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

The Office

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Jim's going to end up with Meredith in the 10 years later epilogue finale special.

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
ブランカ said:
Jim's going to end up with Meredith in the 10 years later epilogue finale special.

This is where they decide to bring Cathy back and she steals Jim from Pam.

Then Pam breaks up Roys marriage.

DrVenkman PhD

You don't know me and you don't have to know me
Reaction score
Didn't a gator eat Cathy?

Also in the epilogue episode: Michael and Pam making out at Holly's grave (next to Cathy's).

Mik

Lightswitch Rave!
Reaction score
Pam is the worst right now. When she asked the camera man what she was doing wrong, I couldn't help but think "everything."

Also, Toby revealing Nellie's neck in such a creepy fashion - Scranton Strangler hint?

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Mik said:
Also, Toby revealing Nellie's neck in such a creepy fashion - Scranton Strangler hint?

I was thinking the same thing. I read in an upcoming episode Toby visits the man charged with the crimes in prison

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
Mik said:
Pam is the worst right now. When she asked the camera man what she was doing wrong, I couldn't help but think "everything."
Damn that woman for missing her husband and not taking change well.

Mik

Lightswitch Rave!
Reaction score
She's holding Jim back from a real career and showing him zero support. None. Now go back a few seasons when she was doing her art. Jim was all about it.

She's celebrated how happy she is with their boring life. Jim obviously hates Dunder Mifflin and she is being nothing other than the proverbial wet blanket.

She wouldn't have to miss her husband if she went to Philly and supported Jim. Pretty sure she could find a comparable job that pays around 30k there just as well.

bps21

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Let's not forget these are horrible people. Pam literally made up the job she's getting paid for and Jim sold his company out to benefit himself when the Michael Scott Paper company went down. The perfect ending is for them to get hit by a bus and Creed raises their children.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Mik said:
She's holding Jim back from a real career and showing him zero support. None. Now go back a few seasons when she was doing her art. Jim was all about it.

She's celebrated how happy she is with their boring life. Jim obviously hates Dunder Mifflin and she is being nothing other than the proverbial wet blanket.

She wouldn't have to miss her husband if she went to Philly and supported Jim. Pretty sure she could find a comparable job that pays around 30k there just as well.
So, her raising their two kids and going to her full time job, while he lies about meetings and is instead playing basketball with Dr J, is holding him back? No, sorry. Both of them have been dicks, but Jim was clearly the bigger dick in the past couple of episodes.

Mik

Lightswitch Rave!
Reaction score
I see it the whole other way.

If Pam wasn't being so awful then he wouldn't have to lie about Dr. J. That is an epic moment for a normal person and something they should have celebrated together. I'll never have that opportunity. Neither will you. And now Jim has to lie to his wife about it because she is clinging to a dying paper company?

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm missing how she is being "so awful" about it. Did I miss an episode?

AntiLeaf33

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I don't think Pam is horrible. Jim didn't mention Dr. J because he didn't want to gloat or seem like he was slacking off as she was keeping everything together at home.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
They're both treating this whole situation badly. Pam is a wet blanket who isn't supporting her husband as much as and in the ways that she maybe should, but Jim has seems to only see how hard he has it and hasn't shown her any recognition for the work she's been putting into his career.

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Jim left her home alone, raising two kids with the help of her mom, while she works a full-time job. Yeah, he is trying to get his new start-up off the ground, but he signed on before telling her (and she supported him when obviously she didn't want to leave Scranton).

I don't blame Pam for feeling overwhelmed at all, especially when Jim, who is always the nice, funny guy and her support snaps at her for the first time ever.

Mik

Lightswitch Rave!
Reaction score
I can't argue that Jim has been perfect and it's obvious that a lot of people disagree with me, but I really think a lot of Jim's bad behavior (even back to being afraid to tell her about the company in the first place) all stems from him knowing that Pam wouldn't support the idea.

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Are they really going to end the season with a Pam and Jim split? What is the deal with the boom guy?

Taxman

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I hope that's not where they end up going with this. Pam and Jim end up hanging out with Boom Mic Brian next week, so maybe they'll go in a different direction.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It's definitely where they're going, IMO. They focused right in on the boom mic guy when Jim was doing the voiceover about how these people you see everyday are the ones you are friends with, fall in love with, etc.. and he was eyeing Pam at the time.

DrVenkman PhD

You don't know me and you don't have to know me
Reaction score
The idea is very much there to make the viewer think that's who Pam leaves Jim for to end the show. I still assume everyone lives happily ever after though... except Brian.

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The fact that they are hinting at a Pam and Jim split after all these years (plus a marriage with two kids) is so hilariously bad that I want it to happen.

It just pisses on the entire fanbase and everything this show was built on.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
I feel like Jim leaves his new job on the verge of it becoming a success in order to save his marriage.

Spaceman Spiff

Integral Poster
Reaction score
tumblr_mf52y8DuaH1r79t1go1_500.gif
6Mb0S.gif

bps21

Integral Poster
Reaction score
They're gonna do the Wings ending where Joe gave up the airport to let Helen follow her musical dreams. Just with Pam and her shit art.

Instead I hope she fucks the boom guy and Jim kills himself over it.

treble

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I wonder if the actual crew members are upset that they hired actors to play them.

Reaction score
Mik said:
I can't argue that Jim has been perfect and it's obvious that a lot of people disagree with me, but I really think a lot of Jim's bad behavior (even back to being afraid to tell her about the company in the first place) all stems from him knowing that Pam wouldn't support the idea.

I'm with you.