Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

TSM goes Step by Step to the Full House of Family Matters

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I mean a low budget VOD movie starring the actresses who played Harriet and Laura isn't really the Family Matters reunion that the title (or that article headline) seems to imply. I'm surprised the legal eagles at Miller-Boyette would allow this but maybe they're just happy to see them get work.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6

I'm always intrigued when actors/actresses are in a big hit show (or movie) and seem to fall off the face of the earth afterward.

Maybe I just forgot a flop or failed return.

Allen was making major bank, so I hope Patricia got a nice slice of the pie as well.

I didn't check her Wiki or IMDB before posting this, so embarrassment may follow

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
She had a recurring role on the last season of The West Wing. That was probably most notable thing she has done but looking at her Wikipedia, it doesn’t look like she hasn’t been working. I am guessing the fat HI residual checks just let her pick and choose what she wants to do. She was a good straight woman on that show but it’s not like Jill Taylor was a compelling must see role that made you wonder what she was going to do next.

Plus it’s not like there even were a glut of meaty roles for middle aged women that weren’t Glenn Close or Meryl Streep in the ‘90s, ‘00s or ‘10s.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6

One baffling thing from my past is the fact that I watched this show over and over even though I didn't like when Michelle took over the show or Bob Saget's nerdy gimmick.

My hatred may have peaked during the episode where Jesse and Becky were going to move out until Michelle whined and they altered their life for a toddler.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
She had a recurring role on the last season of The West Wing. That was probably most notable thing she has done but looking at her Wikipedia, it doesn’t look like she hasn’t been working. I am guessing the fat HI residual checks just let her pick and choose what she wants to do. She was a good straight woman on that show but it’s not like Jill Taylor was a compelling must see role that made you wonder what she was going to do next.

Plus it’s not like there even were a glut of meaty roles for middle aged women that weren’t Glenn Close or Meryl Streep in the ‘90s, ‘00s or ‘10s.
She did appear in Allen’s last series for a couple “shots” to use a pro rasslin term in a television entertainment discussion.

She had a series on lifetime about liberal doctors at a women’s health clinic (I believe @Birthday King Kamala has the dvd box set).

She’s also been active in periodic appearances in network dramas and hallmark.

She’s doing fine y’all.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Congratulations @Epic for the Summer

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Congratulations @Epic for the Summer
For the non-illiterate: https://therealfullhousereviewed.wordpress.com/

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
There was also an episode where Frank implies that a women is a prostitute by referring to her as a "lady of the night".

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
My Step By Step memories are always colored by Staci Keenan being perfect in every way and that stupid JT's World arc.

Oh and them being introduced when Urkel flew over their house in comical fashion.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
When I was a kid we had the Halloween lineup for TGIF in 1994 taped and would rewatch the episodes over and over again. The Step By Step episode is the only SBS episode I really remember and Patrick Duffy/Suzanne Somers were beyond horny for each other. Iirc their costumes were Tarzan and Jane and I imagine their characters were always banging when not on camera. Michelle Williams also guest starred as a bad girl that the nerd kid falls for and tries to get him to egg a house. The Beavis and Butthead guys showed up which was the highlight for kid me.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
When I was a kid we had the Halloween lineup for TGIF in 1994 taped and would rewatch the episodes over and over again. The Step By Step episode is the only SBS episode I really remember and Patrick Duffy/Suzanne Somers were beyond horny for each other. Iirc their costumes were Tarzan and Jane and I imagine their characters were always banging when not on camera. Michelle Williams also guest starred as a bad girl that the nerd kid falls for and tries to get him to egg a house. The Beavis and Butthead guys showed up which was the highlight for kid me.

Fun fact. The actor that played "Beavis" on SBS was Bodhi Elfman. Husband of Jenna and devote Scientologist.