Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Who Killed WCW? A four part series on Vice

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Basically. Everyone will blame each other for every noteworthy moment from Starrcade 97 on and then "AOL Time Warner cancelled WCW." It's going to be a well produced one-stop for everything, which is fine enough but I don't see anything new at all. Not unless they get Turner himself in for an interview, and from what I understand that is not possible.

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
Nice of Nash to offer the bullshit story (that thing he always says about how he didn’t book himself to end the streak and Goldberg put his arm through a window a week after the fingerpoke and ruined the plans for him to chase Hogan) or the truth. Wonder which one the producers chose!

Valeyard

Reaction score
I mean he's not really wrong. He's a very important part of the story. Definitely more than Cornette is.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It’s hard to justify morally producing that episode of DSOtR then inviting Ric Flair in to be in the documentary.

Ric Flair is whorish enough to work with the dudes who nearly got him canceled though.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Morally speaking they've made days worth of content exploiting the dead, disabled, and victims of horrible things on Dark Side alone, now they're working with Rock who is still friends with Vince (a key factor in almost all the horror stories they've presented). I'm fine with a Flair interview.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, it's a little weird to take such a moral stand on Flair and then defend McMahon despite his many demonstrably worse behaviors.

And, as Vale already said, Flair is a big part of that story. He was in WCW that entire time and maybe it doesn't end so precipitously if folks like Bischoff had pushed the people their paying customers wanted to see, like Flair.

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
It’s hard to justify morally producing that episode of DSOtR then inviting Ric Flair in to be in the documentary.
LOL this is such Consequence Culture mindset. Having someone appear in a documentary about a subject they are incredibly relevant to is an endorsement of their character and all their behavior.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
LOL this is such Consequence Culture mindset. Having someone appear in a documentary about a subject they are incredibly relevant to is an endorsement of their character and all their behavior.
How am I a consequences culture guy and a Vince McMahon defender? The world is nuanced,

I wouldn't be shocked if they reached out to Flair's reps and got a hard no before it was even presented to Flair.

Valeyard

Reaction score
I kinda would because Flair has nothing to lose and this is directly tied to WWE. But I love Conrad being goalie just to promote a podcast as a better alternative.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
“Morally” was an obviously, severely poor choice of words, on my end. Unlike anime, I have watched a number of documentaries and know how they work.

Valeyard

Reaction score
And if you're really worried about any kind of moral handwringing, all of these terrible people involved tying themselves to one another should be a good thing. They're hypocrites now and that's the cornerstone for good soapboxin'.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Oh I'm speaking broadly, not specifically towards you. I know that thought process is prevalent.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Like I said, Conrad was goalie and used the chance to promote a podcast that had a REAL story through Flair bitching. Whether Flair knew or not is a different issue, if only because I think he'd have done it anyway whoo shoulder slap cripple strut.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
If Ric Flair went on Busted Open, I feel like that would be the soundtrack in my own personal hell.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Any celebrity tweets with impeccable grammar are made by a social media team.