Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

WWE in Summer of 2024: Best in the World at annoying Drew McIntyre

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
WWE announced after Smackdown went off the air that they are returning to Orlando for a house show on Saturday, Dec. 28.

Also happening in Orlando on Saturday, Dec. 28: AEW Worlds End.

Let’s play the feud!

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
If it's a regulation mma contest, Riddle might win. But my money'd be on the larger man who's also athletic in a street fight.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"Sikoa said he’s the Tribal Chief now and if Roman takes the Ula Fala back, that will mean Reigns is the Tribal Chief and therefore, Sikoa and Tonga would be forced to acknowledge Roman."

...They're doing another feud over a fashion accessory? Yes I accept that the Ula Fala has more cultural relevance than Punk's stupid bracelet, but WWE literally just did a feud like this. Maybe next Rhea can steal Dom's favourite video game.

Staff member
Reaction score
Riddle would beat the crap out of him fwiw. But I don’t know why he told someone that.

MMA is only a ruleset, the thing about being trained like that is that you know how to beat people to death and kill them. In an actual fight most of these guys could probably murder somebody. If you’re in a real fight with someone like that and they’re really enraged they’d probably gouge both eyes out of someone’s head before other people would think twice.

Last edited:

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
the size difference between roman and matt riddle is nowhere near big enough to overcome Riddle's training. It's just an incredibly stupid thing to do, especially when you've already gotten in trouble for going off on other wrestlers multiple times.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The only edge Roman has is that Riddle is a fucking moron but a trained moron goes a long way.

Dandy

Reaction score
Listen, I was a bouncer and trained (very lightly) in BJJ and grappling. Moreover, I knew and still know a lot of MMA-trained individuals. As a general rule, someone trained in an MMA discipline has the advantage over someone not trained in anything. But: 1) Just because someone trained and competed in MMA does not mean they are automatically good in a fight, and 2) someone not having training in such a discipline does not mean they are bad in a fight.

Size and explosive power go a long way, but many times it is the willingness to do what it takes to win a fight that makes a difference. Someone willing to break a finger; fish hook an eyeball; or crush a testicle have the upper hand on someone that has perfected how to transition into an omoplata from someone trying to ground and pound them in the mount. Can they end a fight quickly with as much as one strike? Obviously. But if they get their bell rung first does that mean their training will automatically overcome that?

Reigns is a former collegiate and professional Defensive Lineman that grew up in a family that obviously passed along the time honored tradition of grappling and being able to take care of themselves. He is not a male model with all show muscles that was promoted up to be the top scripted fighter. He has about 70 pounds or even more on Riddle. He has shown exceptional strength. To think Riddle wipes the floor with him is laughable.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
As many people expected, WWE will be relocating their performance center from Florida to Las Vegas.

Edit: SRS is now reporting this isn’t happening

Very very important news here folks

Last edited:

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
the size difference between roman and matt riddle is nowhere near big enough to overcome Riddle's training. It's just an incredibly stupid thing to do, especially when you've already gotten in trouble for going off on other wrestlers multiple times.
Tbf wrestlers have been doing that for ages. Brock did it to Angle memorably, but guys have been saying and showing that they could beat up their coworkers for a long time. Whenever you see shoot interviews and documentaries, a pretty big talking point is how tough the guy was in real life and they’ll come up with examples where they had to back it up as that’s how a lot of scores were settled. And it seems like a wrestler’s reputation with the locker room is heavily dependent on their ability to win those fights. Just look at the way these guys talk about Haku.
Listen, I was a bouncer and trained (very lightly) in BJJ and grappling. Moreover, I knew and still know a lot of MMA-trained individuals. As a general rule, someone trained in an MMA discipline has the advantage over someone not trained in anything. But: 1) Just because someone trained and competed in MMA does not mean they are automatically good in a fight, and 2) someone not having training in such a discipline does not mean they are bad in a fight.

Size and explosive power go a long way, but many times it is the willingness to do what it takes to win a fight that makes a difference. Someone willing to break a finger; fish hook an eyeball; or crush a testicle have the upper hand on someone that has perfected how to transition into an omoplata from someone trying to ground and pound them in the mount. Can they end a fight quickly with as much as one strike? Obviously. But if they get their bell rung first does that mean their training will automatically overcome that?

Reigns is a former collegiate and professional Defensive Lineman that grew up in a family that obviously passed along the time honored tradition of grappling and being able to take care of themselves. He is not a male model with all show muscles that was promoted up to be the top scripted fighter. He has about 70 pounds or even more on Riddle. He has shown exceptional strength. To think Riddle wipes the floor with him is laughable.
I get what you’re saying, but Riddle has gotten the shit kicked out of him multiple times and always showed insane toughness against world class opposition. He’s only been finished in a fight once, when he was super green. I mean the guy made his pro debut in the UFC, was fighting guys way more experienced than him at 22 and that alone requires another level of mental toughness. He’s not just some guy practicing armbars at your local gym. We also don’t know how Roman would react to getting hit in the face, and believe me a lot of tough football players and wrestlers don’t react well to it.

Roger Huerta Knocked Out An Ex-Longhorn LB... former UFC fighter Roger Huerta was involved in a street fight outside an Austin bar. TMZ obtained video of Huerta confronting a man who had sucker-punched a woman. Unsurprisingly, the 155-pound Huerta knocked the guy out cold. Well, we now know who the woman-hitting jerk is. According to SPORTSbyBROOKS the guy that tried to take on the Bellator fighter was former Texas Longhorn, Rashad Bobino.

Listed at 230-pounds during his days at Texas, Bobino spent some time with the Falcons last year before being cut.

Last edited:

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6

cant think of anywhere else to put this but he’s Nikki Bella’s husband
Nobody posted Meltz' coverage of the incident, where he had to work in Bella recently praising AEW at the end of the blurb.

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
More important than that detail is that Odyssey Jones was removed from the roster and his program with the New Day has been scrapped.

Well, 209 ahead of me with a trusty tweet.

Edit: for people who lack comprehension (and there’s a number of those people), the initial comment was following the profanity edict from the company.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I figured it had to be something serious for him to get dropped when he just got brought up for a featured angle. Really awful. I already thought poorly of him due to his past history of transphobic comments but this is obviously a different level of awful behaviour entirely.

Epic for the Summer

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I just wanna point out that Brian Pillman Jr. has been signed for a year and has done absolute jack shit in NXT.

He wasn't misused in AEW. He's a mediocre talent with a very clear ceiling. How WWE is using him is actually how far his talents will take him. If I were booking I'd stick him in a stable to hide his very obvious weaknesses.

Big Papa Paegan

L. A. Z.
Reaction score
He's got an amazing look and has natural charisma. That's it. He's the fodder job guy in a heel stable.

You know someone's talent ceiling is low if even Court Bauer doesn't push the hell out of them.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Tonight is the final episode of Smackdown on FOX after a five year run

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
As a special thank you to FOX they will air an extended black screen and lead the crowd with a courteous fuck you fox chant.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Also of some note, word is that WWE and NBC will produce and air a primetime edition of Saturday Night’s Main Event, presumably later this year.

This would be the first SNME since 2008.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Good news for fans of lesbian power stables.

Shanya has re-signed with WWE.

It wasn’t mentioned here but Asuka also did the same last week for an apparent 5 year deal.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Effective on 10/7, Raw will return to a 2 hour format for the remainder of their USA deal.

Unclear yet if Netflix will continue that route but Hunter has publicly supported and pushed for a reduction in the time slot.