Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

WWF Ruthless Aggression (2002- 2008)

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Brent Albright was good but I don't think ever would've been a star. He was Brad Armstrong of the 2000s at best. He and Benoit were a really fun team, though, and he had good matches with Punk in OVW. He, like most castoffs, didn't work in ROH for some reason, however honestly going from stuff like Joe vs Punk to Brent Albright vs Tank "One Half Of The Dicks" Toland is pretty harsh.

Terkay had enough in the tank to be something very solid for WWECW. His whole gimmick until then was being basically a Bruiser Brody clone, which would have helped that show SO much, but they just kinda made him a shooter. I get that he's a legit great wrestler and all but fucking look at that guy. He should be mauling people and then busting out workrate when you least expect it.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It almost feels like they still felt so burnt by Brock in ‘06-‘07 that they didn’t even want to borrow the formula they used to make him a star for someone else.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Terkay gets the Mike Knox push, it works better and probably at least catches on enough to not get buried at Survivor Series.

Epic for the Summer

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I saw Gunner Scott (as Brent Albright) at a ROH show in 2007. They sure pushed him as a missed opportunity from WWE but washed out soon thereafter. Is he even still wrestling anywhere?

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
@BruiserBrody sawing logs then waking up disoriented: huh? What’s that? Aw cripes. I forgot dey remade The Longest Yard. Ooh Rick Steiner

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It’s in a later slide of that post but the way that Benoit is screaming writhing in pain after the diving headbutt off the ladder in the first Money in the Bank match is extremely uncomfortable to watch now!

Valeyard

Reaction score
He was pulped before his neck broke.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Bruce might earn a spot on the Olympics gymnastic teams with all of the verbal and mental somersaults he is going to do to defend this show.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Listening to the STWW on GAB 2004. Meltzer reported that Barry Bloom was trying to facilitate a show headlined by Hulk Hogan Vs Steve Austin in Dubai.

‘04 was about the best time to run a wacky Saudi card.

They also discuss Rulon Gardner’s “negotiations” with WWE and Bruce said that WWE had tried for decades to convince Alexsandr Karelin to move to the US and become their top heel. For some reason, that surprised me.

There is an alternate timeline where Bret Hart Vs The Experiment is a five star match.

Maybe Karelin could have been on Barry Bloom’s Dubai show.

Valeyard

Reaction score
I buy it, and this is also the best chance to point out how current HHH clearly sees himself as an American Inoki.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Releasing a Muhammad Hassan interview on Independence Day is a p. base move. Salam alaykum, CVV.

(Wait wasn't Muhammad Hassan Italian American? 2005 was the last year for whitewashing in wrestling. Although there might be something from the late '00s/early 2010s I'm forgetting.

Edit- We all remember it aired on the day of the London terrorist attack but the show where Undertaker was choked by Hassan's masked goons with piano wire was taped on 4th of July. HEAT!

Valeyard

Reaction score
Shannon getting TNA to have him beat AJ clean and immediately jumping back to WWE was dope though.