Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

A Game of Thrones: Season 8

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
BorneAgain said:
Season 8 got a bunch of Emmy nods, including a writing nomination as hilarious as that as.

Apparently Gwendoline Christie & Alfie Allen had to submit themselves in the acting categories and given the strength of their performances suggests that HBO/D&D were very political or very stupid in putting forth submissions.

Dinklage (who’s great) gets nominated every season. It’s a shame when they make it automatic and other deserving actors get squat. He’s got 3 wins and the last one he got was iffy at best.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I don't necessarily think Christie is a shoe-in but damned if Alfie Allen shouldn't get the nod. He's been in the Top 5 of all time on the show for a while now.

Staff member
Reaction score
https://deadline.com/2019/10/game-of-thrones-prequel-pilot-dead-hbo-jane-goldman-naomi-watts-1202771609/

Pilot was very bad. Great job everyone.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Firmino of the 909 said:
https://deadline.com/2019/10/game-of-thrones-prequel-pilot-dead-hbo-jane-goldman-naomi-watts-1202771609/

Pilot was very bad. Great job everyone.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/10/30/game-of-thrones-fire-and-blood-targaryen-prequel-series-in-the-works-at-hbo

But in the same day the other project gets picked up straight to series.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Winter is coming...to HBOMAX! See the MARTIN CUT!

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
I don’t have the same hate for season 8 like most others seem to. It had problems, but I still had fun with it.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I thought up until they killed the Night King it was fine. It fell apart after that. I also was totally fine with Dany's heel turn as it was very obvious in both the books and the show that would happen but some fans couldn't handle it.

The people that think this means they're redoing the last season are idiots. They have like 5 shows in the pipelines. It doesn't take a genius.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
Even if they wanted to I doubt they could get everyone back to do it. By the end of the show I think a lot of the actors were ready to move on. The GOT shooting schedule was a bitch from what I've heard.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It would be a terrible idea to redo the season. I don't want to watch shows knowing that they might just do it over because a segment (however justified in some cases) of the fanbase complain loudly. How can anyone ever get invested in a show?