Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

21st Century Fantasy Wrestling Draft

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The Hangover trilogy/Joker director Todd Phillips hasn't appeared on a wrestling program afaik (yet...it seems kind of inevitable) so he is ineligible.

I believe you were amalgamating Tom Phillips and Todd Grisham. Latter of whom should have been picked rounds ago tbh.

https://youtu.be/Sv43pOtijKE

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
King Mutumbo Classic said:
The Hangovertrilogy/Joker director Todd Phillips hasn't appeared on a wrestling program afaik (yet...it seems kind of inevitable) so he is ineligible.

I believe you were amalgamating Tom Phillips and Todd Grisham. Latter of whom should have been picked rounds ago tbh.

https://youtu.be/Sv43pOtijKE

Chris-Jericho-300x200.jpg

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
That's actually true and shush cause he's the only good option for an authority figure.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
This is why Roger Goodell always hands the draft over after the first round!

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
Apologies for the lateness. Midnight to 10am is not a time I'm exactly active on the board!

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
No worries. I think maybe moving to time slots for the whole draft for 20th Century might be worth discussing considering a lot of us are in different time zones (or have weird hours like myself)

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
No. I think it’s fine it’s literally the only time. There’s nothing better than when a draft is humming along and you got an onslaught of picks that comes so fast and furious you can’t process it. It’s like a burst of adrenaline.

Yes I’m aware how profoundly depressing that sounded, alright?

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
I can't believe we let you have all three of them.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Another guy who was really really popular for a small pocket of time. Both TNA and WWE missed the boat on this guy. He was one of the most charismatic wrestlers in the mid 00's, a great promo, competent enough in the ring, and just had the it factor. He's also one of the few people to leave the business pretty happy and in a great place. Time to POUNCEEEEEE PERIOD

monty-brown.jpg

Monty Brown (2004-2006)

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Love the Monty Brown pick. I had him on my wish list but couldn’t really think of a matchup to put him in. Excited to see what you do with him.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I might put him in the Matt Hardy Deletion wacky match, but I also might have him in a tag with another hoss I'm eying.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Ooh. Just thinking of some of Monty’s expressions and mannerisms in a Deletion style match sounds awesome. Hoss tag team has me intrigued too, so it looks like Monty in the hands of a good booker man.

Master Thrasher

Seven Time Tetris 99 Champ!
Reaction score
I picked two of the evilest people for my roster.

Vince-McMahon-Headshot-645x370.jpg

Vince McMahon for employing the Miz.

Shane_McMahon_bio--dd98519dd13d1576c9aba0faa2fb7d5a.jpg

Shane McMahon for wrestling the Miz at Wrestlemania.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
One thing I noticed in this period is that the ratio of good Lucha rudos to good Lucha Technicos is crazy lopsided. Not a lot of intriguing Technicos to team up with Mistico so I have to take a guy that primarily has worked in America but knows the style. This guy was a dynamo for a little bit in the early 00's with Rey Mysterio comparisons all over the place. I was a big fan of him as well. I'm gonna take

7PPPtHTDP0cj_PfHobQ-gZwMLPfVmW0xf9Zubb6j2Dd8eQJafFXv6JO5sgrWFuWCpaOWM4_-UWJNBMmC1KBLh-yKwew_nNtRvl8Hv5pZUmEHD8trJF32jK_sO_w

Amazing Red (2001 to 2004)

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't understand what's going on, but I kinda want to draft the Miz now.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Mrs Miz is still on the table and I assume with her appearance on Smackdown after her birth, you can also draft Monroe the Miz.