Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

21st Century Fantasy Wrestling Draft

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
George Miz has been physical at least and should be on someone's draft board.

002_WM33_04022017rf_9699--b82d5f7c508a1c5e968b25f36e21c834.jpg

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I would pick George before I picked some POS like Kane. The man has skill.

Instead I'm going to go with the guy who really revolutionized Big Japan this century, and opened it up to being more than "just" a death match company.

32482790_1623266197709683_5078550823223427072_n.jpg

Daisuke Sekimoto

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
We recently found out it takes time when O.G. picks due to being based in Dubai.

OG

OG
Reaction score
Yah, sorry guys. Time slot draft is definitely better for me. Although, I do like waking up to this flurry of activity to catch up on.

My next pick is another guy I like. Will figure out how to use him but he can literally fit anywhere and be a good face or heel. Great worker, can talk and can be funny. I'm not shocked he's still around but I find more valuable than a lot of guys already picked.

guerreroIMG_1143.jpg

Chavo Guerrero Jr. (2002-2003)

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
TSM had a hate hard on for Chavo Jr for a while in the late '00s and early '10s for some reason. I'm not sure how they feel about him now. That period obviously wasn't his best work but I always thought he was a very solid worker, who was dealt an unfair hand (being in shadow of his Uncle for first half of his career then being living reminder of Uncle in second half).

Big Papa Paegan

L. A. Z.
Reaction score
Chavo was a fantastic midcard hand who, when booking allowed, delivered the goods but not the greats. His "gone crazy" routine in WCW during the program with Eddie, the dying days run as Cruiserweight champion, more than holding his own in WWE as part off the SmackDown Six, and his run as WWECW champion were all quality.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Time for more BEEF and this is the most don’t fuck with me guy perhaps in the history of the business and he’s gonna effectively used in that capacity here even if his in ring skills had long passed him by, he’s gonna FIGHT YOU AND HURT YOU.

PXznUB70-600x338.jpg

HAKU (2001)

Big Papa Paegan

L. A. Z.
Reaction score
Statlander/Shida are going up against a team that make up for their height disadvantage with both strength and world experience. Pairing up with "Thick Mama Pump" Jordynne Grace is one of the pioneers ofmintergender wrestling on the US indie scene, in addition to being an early adopter of women's deathmatches. She gave her all against a murderer's row of ultraviolent freaks back in 2006 and has, since then, become the quintessential journeywoman, reuniting Team PAWG...

Team_PAWG_-_DQVdiRjWkAEw5G4.jpg

LuFISTO (2015)

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Chavo's an alright pick. There's nowhere for him on my card and there's still a bunch of Lucha guys I'd take over him for my Lucha tag I'm whipping up.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm mildly to moderately surprised this guy has fallen so far. Another triple check pick. His style is an acquired taste but I love his highly scientific, technical style and his angry,out of place left wing rants about Japanese fans confused af. I'm personally a huge fan of the guy and overjoyed to snag him in Round 19. Definitely in my top 10 favorite current active wrestlers. I'm going to pair him with Matt Riddle in a great midcard grapplefuck match that will lend itself with to the legit big fight feel I'm going for with my show.

https://youtu.be/KVD0iuWpTzk
Zack Sabre Jr

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Another guy I should've taken earlier, but I waited too long on. He was a guy I was gonna potentially take if he was still around when my turn was coming. I have a match set for Regal, yet I was still looking at him as possibly tagging with Regal but meh.

Reaction score
I'll take Flamita to complete a tag team. Both these dudes are underrated af and both will give me some flexibility as they're equally adept as singles stars

0_Bandido-Flamita.jpg

Flamita

Staff member
Reaction score
Alright, I waited as long as possible to take this guy.

Tb6tcUf.gif

X-PAC

Then, wow I can't believe nobody took this guy either. What the fuck

giphy.gif

THE SANDMAN

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I knew TRTSM didn't like this guy but I didn't know they didn't like him this much. I don't like him as much as Triple H (and a certain annoying, normie contingent of IWC) does and it took me a long to come around on him...but hell, I'm not going to pass up on him in Round 20. He's developed into a great smug heel IMO and my Money in the Bank match could use some star power

https://youtu.be/j0sRrN5jqfI
Adam Cole
(2018 version)

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Clearly he would fit in my group and I kept waiting and waiting and perhaps should have pulled the trigger on him but alas I didn’t.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
He's been on my "I'll get him if no one else does" list for a couple rounds and I came thisclose to changing my mind and going with Gail Kim's opponent but I decided I couldn't wait any longer.

And maybe I could have Gail Kim Vs Adam Cole.... ???

And holy hell, I think Jeff Cobb is an awesome pick at this stage and someone I straight up forgot was still on the board. D'oh!

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Jeff Cobb is definitely a nice slipped my mind pick.

Cole has been on my radar but I couldn’t really think of an interesting matchup with my roster as assembled.

Have a guy I’ve been waiting on that I think I’m going to pick up now, let me go find a picture and be back

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
I can't believe people waited so long to take X-Pac, even post-2001 there's some greatness in-ring there. The guy was always a naturally cool guy, he can cut a cool promo if you let X-Pac be Sean Waltman.