Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

21st Century Fantasy Wrestling Draft

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
SID has worked indy matches in this century (plus squashing Heath Slater on that one RAW in 2012) plus he was the Commissioner for WWA, that lame Australian based promotion, that competed with TNA in '02-'03 to try and replace WCW.

HE IS AN ELIGIBLE PICK, HAWK 34, YOU IGNORANT OAF!!!

(Wade Barrett is a great pick too at this stage. In an alternate universe, he is still probably main eventing somewhere but I think ultimately, he lost his love of the game sometime in the middle of last decade. Unless there was an injury I forgot that explains why he isn't in AEW/Impact/MLW/NWA/ROH)

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Can’t believe Kamala would disregard Koabs wishes. You have truly become the Vince McMahon type leader you were destined to be.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
DON'T CROSS THE BOSS!

(THRASHER CAN HONOR OUR FALLEN FRIEND KOAB'S WISHES FOR SID CIRCA 2012 BUT I ALSO KIND OF HOPE HE USES SID AS A COMMISSIONER LIKE WWA DID. WHY DID WWA GO OUT OF BUSINESS WITH CREATIVE DECISIONS LIKE THAT?! WHY!? WHY!?)

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm gonna do two deathmatches now. This guy's renaissance no one saw coming.

os-1554385649-4af38c949e-snap-image

PCO (2016 til now)

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
There’s the god damn back up plan fuck you Bobby fish no one was taking you god damn it

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
I was surprised to learn he's only 52 years old too as it feels like he's been around forever.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Gotta grab one of my other big pudgies with suwama gone. AJPW signing and pushing the Strong Fats has been wonderful.

84xGFe9.png

Shuji Ishikawa

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
HQ: Pats Homer said:
I was surprised to learn he's only 52 years old too as it feels like he's been around forever.
Yeah, I didn't know he was that young when he was one half of The Quebecers.

I think part of the reason why he's held up so well is he was mostly working Canadian indys for the second half of the '00s and he took the years 2011 to 2015 off entirely, worked a few matches locally again in 2016-17 THEN DESTRO BROUGHT HIM BACK TO LIVE IN 2018!

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Looking at PCO's Cagematch page. I either forgot or straight up didn't know that he competed in the X Division during his cup of coffee with TNA in 2003.

God damn it. I'm probably gonna cave in and subscribe to Impact Plus so I can watch this garbage.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
Another top lucha star and another one of my favorites.

275px-Blu7.jpg

Blue Panther (2005ish, pre-unmasking, but I couldn't find a good picture)

Big Papa Paegan

L. A. Z.
Reaction score
He had...what? 4 or 5 matches? They were all pretty good.

You can find a match he had in IWS vs. Steen and Generico on YouTube. It's pretty damn great.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Avid Warehouse Enthusiast said:
He had...what? 4 or 5 matches? They were all pretty good.

You can find a match he had in IWS vs. Steen and Generico on YouTube. It's pretty damn great.

I think they had him face Don Harris in a gimmick match. Other than that, all of X's matches were good. I think the best one was a three way with him, Christopher Daniels, and Sonjay Dutt looking at his cagematch results.

I didn't realize he was retired or semi retired (no matches from 2011 to 2015, 2 matches in 2016, 8 matches in 2017) for about 7 years before he started the PCO gimmick in 2018 and became a full time wrestler again.

OG

OG
Reaction score
To team with and eventually feud with Psicosis, another lucha guy I've enjoyed watching.

latest

Super Crazy

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Not making anymore mistakes. I got a great brawler and now I’m taking another legendary brawler.

tumblr_ozi0lig7Wd1u1urgoo1_400.gifv

NEW JACK

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Time to pick my opponent for Gail Kim. She has had an extraordinary career for someone who was in the wave of nondescript fitness models that was signed to WWE in the early '00s. IIRC, she was a non fan before she signed but you'd never be able to tell since she quickly developed a passion for the business. Like Kim, she was another woman that helped pave the way for the Women's Revolution and was still a very solid worker until her retirement last year.

https://youtu.be/v4zrvpOM_50
Victoria
(2003 version with the mothereffin t.A.T.u theme (remember to vote in the World Cup of WWE Theme Songs))

Staff member
Reaction score
I feel like this guy never got a fair shake in his career once ECW closed down.

3ddb0a3b2c6b00792d83fe85a9e7788f2b5084ce_hq.jpg

Jerry Lynn

Then, I'm gonna take one of my favorite gimmicks ever.

L3efYRP.gif

BLACK MACHISMO

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I was just trying to remind myself whether Jay Lethal has been scooped. He's definitely in category of guys who are overrated by current wrestling bookers but great late round pickups in this draft.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
For sure. I loved Black Machismo and in that era he was one of my favorites. I like Lethal but feel his ROH run rightfully sours a lot of people on him.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Alright. If I want to start building some junior heavyweight tags, I better start now. This guys has potential to be a real superstar in NJPW in the 2020s and will be a great singles competitor sooner than later.

Sho