Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

21st Century Fantasy Wrestling Draft

Staff member
Reaction score
King Mutumbo Classic said:
I was just trying to remind myself whether Jay Lethal has been scooped. He's definitely in category of guys who are overrated by current wrestling bookers but great late round pickups in this draft.

Yeah....I would never actually take Jay Lethal, like the Jay Lethal of right now. It's crazy that he had that gimmick when he was 21 years old!

I would also have taken him much sooner if I thought anyone else would.

Staff member
Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAPni3wdIiY

fuckin lirl I forgot about a lot of this stuff

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Firmino of the 909 said:
I was just trying to remind myself whether Jay Lethal has been scooped. He's definitely in category of guys who are overrated by current wrestling bookers but great late round pickups in this draft.

Yeah....I would never actually take Jay Lethal, like the Jay Lethal of right now. It's crazy that he had that gimmick when he was 21 years old!

I would also have taken him much sooner if I thought anyone else would.
He's one of a number of guys who would have been way more fondly remembered if he has spent his career as a midcarder/secondary title guy.

The Jeff Jarrett Division of Wrestlers

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Lethal seemed like he was prime to be a future top guy for a short while early in his ROH run iirc. He had that pretty hot feud with Low-Ki including the match where his mom was sitting in the front row, but his lack of mic skills and charisma at that time made it hard for him to progress much further as a face and they made him heel. The Black Machismo gimmick did wonders for him personality wise so that's a really good pick.

Big Papa Paegan

L. A. Z.
Reaction score
The pick that's 65 million years in the making...

luchasaurus.jpg

LUCHASAURUS

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Folks, please PM your preferred time spots by tomorrow night. We're using EST. OG has already claimed 2 AM. Sorry other TSM Night Owls ( or other posters who live in Dubai?)

Staff member
Reaction score
Folks, please PM your preferred time spots by tomorrow night. We're using EST. OG has already claimed 2 AM. Sorry other TSM Night Owls ( or other posters who live in Dubai?)

3 AM

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Can’t just have two females on my show, she’s too new in the business but I really enjoy her personality and her look.

Belair.jpg

BIANCA BELAIR (2019)

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Remaining time slots are 12 PM, 2 PM, and 3 PM.

Also I realized it's an odd number to do two a day. Do we want to do two a day for six days and then three the last day or two a day for seven days and one for the last round. Might be fun to have our own Mr. Irrelevant for the draft.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Draft order for supplemental rounds

Times are EST
2 AM- OG
3 AM- 909
8 AM- Hawk 34
10 AM- King Kamala
11 AM- Brooklyn Zoo
12 PM- Baby Shoes
1 PM- Thrasher
3 PM- Brocklock
4 PM- Laz
5 PM- Tekcop
8 PM- CWM

Again we are picking two picks in our time slot during supplemental draft period. These picks are all optional, you can tap out if you're done drafting any point.
Day 1- Rounds 25 & 26
Day 2- Rounds 27 & 28
Day 3- Rounds 29 & 30
Day 4- Rounds 31 & 32
Day 5- Rounds 33 & 34
Day 6- Rounds 35 & 36
Day 7- Rounds 37 & 38
Day 8- Rounds 39 & 40

Idk why I was thinking it was an odd number.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
tsuyoshi-kikuchi-dffd39b2-f2c6-4d24-ad49-3191edadf5b-resize-750.jpg

Tsuyoshi Kikuchi (2002ish, NJPW invasion era)

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Kikuchi is a fun pick.

I've been thinking about guys I could put in there with Takayama that he hasn't worked with that would be really fun to watch. That led to me deciding to making my first GAIJIN MONSTER pick and it's one of my top all-time guys ever:

TGK5u8F.gif

VADER

I did find one match where He and Takayama squared off in 2000. It's 8 minutes long and is Vader/Steve Willaims Vs Takayama/Omori. It confirmed that this would be an awesome match.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Good timing. I was gonna take him and have him have a HOSS OFF with Lashley and establish Big Bobby

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Time to fill out my card with some comedy and spectacle guys. And, this guy is by far currently the funniest wrestler around and has so much charisma that the rocket should be strapped on him. He seems to be a decent enough worker too, but he's not needed for it on my show. I'm gonna take

tenor.gif

OTIS

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Vader is one of those guys that I was hoping to snag in later rounds but guess slipped through my fingers.

I saw on Cagematch that he did a few tours of Japan with 2 Cold Scorpio as his tag team partner in '02-'03ish and that's how I was planning on using him. Those two teaming up in an undercard four corners tag clusterfuck. Scorpio could do all the bumping and Vader could just come in and wreck shit. Best way I can think of to use 20th century Vader.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Mildly to moderately surprised that Lawler fell this far. He was still a pretty damn good worker up until the heart attack (and I assume, still is). His shitty commentary and being an even shittier person overshadows how great of a worker he is.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I noticed this guy was still around and I can add him to the big lucha tag I want to do. He doesn't work much Mexico that I know of, but he's apt at the style and was one of the most exciting wrestlers in the world during the early 00's

Dragon Kid (2000's)

Staff member
Reaction score
Mildly to moderately surprised that Lawler fell this far. He was still a pretty damn good worker up until the heart attack (and I assume, still is). His shitty commentary and being an even shittier person overshadows how great of a worker he is.

Contrary to popular belief I am not trying to run a WWA show so I had no use for him.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
DK was on my list, really solid pick. Instead I'm going with another Toryumon/DG standout who is also very charismatic:

latest

Genki Horiguchi (00's)

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
I said I wanted a token comedy match so here's one of my token comedy guys. He's more than just a comedy goof, but for me that's all he'll ever be.

brazo-de-plata-8bb170ae-7b5d-4779-a010-aac7a169c3d-resize-750.jpeg

Super Porky (Brazo de Plata)

OG

OG
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay guys. We had our lockdown lifted today to I've been rediscovering humanity all day.

Don't have anyone queued up at the moment so will top up my women's division. I like this girl, that's about it. No other rationale.

Britt_Baker_backstage_interview.png

Dr. Britt Baker (2020)

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I always found her delightful and strange and I feel a feud with Bianca would just be...interesting.

images

DAFFNEY

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
No worries, OG. Glad to hear you're enjoying your sweet freedom. Hopefully, stateside TSMers will be able to enjoy it before 2022.

A little bit of clarification. Supplemental rounds will be two rounds a day, occurring concurrently. IE Round 25 & 26 happen at same time.