Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

21st Century Fantasy Wrestling Draft

Big Papa Paegan

L. A. Z.
Reaction score
No surprise with my pick last round. This kid has an incredible upside and keeps improving every time out. For who his father was, he's sure been underutilized by a certain prime time television company thus far in 2020, but he had a few spurts in late 2019 that showed the brass think highly of him. One day he'll learn to properly edge his sideburns, but today is not that day...

62130564_352534188739802_5914442800094511104_n-1014x570.jpg

JUNGLE BOY

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Completing a tag team. This guy has always had a lot of potential and I think just in the past year or two since he left NJPW, he's finally starting to realize some of it by embracing being a tough, raw boned mofo. It's hard to believe given how long he's wrestled that he's only 34 years old and hopefully has many years of his career ahead of him.

img_3660.jpg

Davey Boy Smith Jr
(current version)

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, nobody picked Lance Archer.

And wow, nobody picked Kid Kash. Did not expect that.

yes, those are my picks

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I was holding on to Kid Kash. He had a nice little run during the early years of TNA. Great midcard heel you could either have in your cruiser division or mix up with top guys occasionally. Really good pick this late in the game.

Staff member
Reaction score
One thing I do regret not doing just to see if I could actually do it, was to only pick people who I've seen live.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
That's a fun idea. Only one I haven't seen live is Victoria. I didn't go to any WWE shows between 2002 and 2006 (then again from 2006 till 2012) so I missed almost all of her prime years. She came to Limitless on her retirement tour last year but I either had a show or was on a date with the girlfriend that night.

If I had known this was going to happen, I would have made a point of going!

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Firmino of the 909 said:
One thing I do regret not doing just to see if I could actually do it, was to only pick people who I've seen live.

With the exception of one person (DAFFNEY) I can say I’ve seen all my picks LIVE

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It's fitting for my last pick before the supplemental rounds that we do the

King Kamala: I can't believe this guy fell so far.

Rest of TRTSM said:

schtick one last time...maybe.

As uninspiring as the last few years of his career have been, there was a year or two period in the early-middle part of last decade where this guy was absolutely one of my two or three favorite wrestlers in the world. I am genuinely shocked he's still on board in the last round. And you guys loved him at one point too! I swear! And regardless of him being a company bootlick rn, he is an absolute perfect guy to have in a Money in the Bank type match. He has a Curt Hennig like mastery of ridiculous oversell bumps.

20130408_RAW_Ziggler_Title_LARGE_R.jpg

Dolph Ziggler
(2013 version)

Staff member
Reaction score
Hawk 34 said:
Firmino of the 909 said:

With the exception of one person (DAFFNEY) I can say I’ve seen all my picks LIVE

The only people on mine I've seen live in any context are:

Io Shirai
Shibata
Jay White
Naito
Dragon Lee
Truth
X-Pac
Lance Archer

So, I did the opposite of what I now feel like I should have done as an experiment. BZ and Shoes, those two have rosters where I've seen almost everyone.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Posted final schedule for supplemental rounds on 1st page. Supplemental rounds, barring rest of participants being incapacitated, start Sunday Morning (Saturday Night to most of us) at 2 AM EST.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
There was like a five year period where Dolph was very good and near universally liked by the IWC. I just didn't see a fit for him in my Smash Mouth All Star promotion.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
If he wasn't TSM's favorite WWE wrestler in second half of 2012/first half of 2013 then he was a very close #2 or #3 behind Punk and Bryan! I swear! I tell ya!

Staff member
Reaction score
Like some other guys who I may pick in the supplemental round, he hung around doing the same gimmick long enough that he completely destroyed his reputation.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
That quasi worked shoot feud with The Miz for the IC Title built around Dolph being a complete joke in 2016-17 (which was last great thing he has done/maybe will doo at this point) really should have been a wake up call for him to switch things up. But he kind of doubled down.

And that's how I ended up getting him this late in the draft. 8)

Big Papa Paegan

L. A. Z.
Reaction score
STUDZ said:
I was holding on to Kid Kash. He had a nice little run during the early years of TNA. Great midcard heel you could either have in your cruiser division or mix up with top guys occasionally. Really good pick this late in the game.
I was contemplating a Kid Kash/Sammy Guevara tag team of douchebag prick cruisers, but instead I swapped up the Revival and...well, you'll see.

Big Papa Paegan

L. A. Z.
Reaction score
When I think of all the UK talent who I thought was incredible over the years but didn't expect them to "make it," this guy's at the top of my list. He's incredible at nearly everything he does and works well above his stature. Don't call him a Junior Heavyweight, though, because this is the Bruiserweight...

tumblr_pa4oej5Hf31w81levo1_1280.jpg

PETE DUNNE

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
He got quite absurd at the end of his career but he was a heck of a worker and had some legitimate great matches even if at times it was massively overkill but here I’ll keep him lower in the card with the other good workers I’ve collected

davey-Richards..-1280x720.jpg

Davey Richards

Big Papa Paegan

L. A. Z.
Reaction score
If we did this draft even 5 years ago, Davey would've been in my top 10 gets. His 2009-2011 run was so, so goddamn good.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Hawk picked Lashley and chose a pic of him that wasn't pointing.

How could Hawk pick the two best pointing wrestlers of the 21st century and not display their pointing skills?

davey-richards.jpg

bobbyl.jpg

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Well if you would allow me to do my booking plans first, the match is a loser can’t point match.