Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

21st Century Fantasy Wrestling Draft

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah where else could you book a Frank Gotch and George Hackenschmidt vs The Nasty Boys match.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Another awesome junior heavyweight. Lots of charisma and just a great worker. Completely wasted in WWE.

6393e17afbe75a32-600x338.jpg

KUSHIDA

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
This is another guy I'm stunned is still here over the Bam Bam Bigelow's and Tommy Dreamer's. He's been hurt by bad WWE booking, but is a terrific worker with a ton of charisma and is still getting a decent push. I'm gonna take

Screen_Shot_2017_11_18_at_9.42.06_PM.png

Andrade "Cien" Almas (NXT 2017/18 version)

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
At least one WrestleMania main eventer, who while not a TRTSM favorite, I'm shocked at some of the guys in last few round that were picked over him.

Whether or not I'm talking about The Miz, fiftysomething King Kong Bundy, or rapper era Macho Man Randy Savage, you can decide

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm gonna take my opponent for Asuka now. She peaked right before the cutoff point and was one of the most acclaimed wrestlers in the 90's. She was active until 2017 even if she fell off a little and is a Joshi legend. I'm taking

manami.0.0.jpg

Manami Toyota (2000's)

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Huge fan of this guy, Dragon Gate never gave him his proper due given how over and talented he was but WWE is wasting him even more (shock).

4eJcyFv.jpg

Akira Tozawa

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
Luchadors don't always match up well with Japanese wrestlers, but my next pick has a history of killing it in Japan. He also had the MOTY last year despite being 100 years old.

20449149_1804601689567574_1373506431489338269_o-1000x640.jpg

Dr. Wagner Jr.

OG

OG
Reaction score
As someone already said, I'm quite stunned this dude is still around. A heat magnet for the midcard and the other half of one of my main tag teams.

6c31c660fc04b8fedbad647f6f2e4916.jpg

The Miz

Master Thrasher

Seven Time Tetris 99 Champ!
Reaction score
No. Why did you do that? You drafted the guy who was in the main event for second worst Wrestlemania ever. If I was in a room with the Miz, Vince McMahon, HHH, Hulk Hoga, Chris Benoit, and Jimmy Snuka and I had a gun with one bullet, I'd shoot the Miz in the leg and pistol whip him.

Big Papa Paegan

L. A. Z.
Reaction score
Thrasher said:
If I was in a room with the Miz, Vince McMahon, HHH, Hulk Hoga, Chris Benoit, and Jimmy Snuka and I had a gun with one bullet, I'd shoot the Miz in the leg and pistol whip him.
Lulz

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I know people are sour on him now because of the recent booking he’s been through but he’s a good worker a good brawler and has a special quality

nxt-wwe-tommaso-ciampa-return.jpg

Tommaso Ciampa

Big Papa Paegan

L. A. Z.
Reaction score
Great take. I was lucky enough to see a lot of him in small gyms before he signed with WWE, and he's one of those guys that comes off better live than on TV.

I'm torn on my next three picks. One is a perfect pairing with my girl Statlander, but the other two would be a great addition to the tag team scene and have been one of the most consistent teams of the last 5 years. I'll focus on giving Statlander somebody she can work off of and has great chemistry with first, I suppose, because I can always make up for the other two down the road.

D7ldHSOUwAAu0Er.jpg

HIKARU SHIDA

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It's really too bad that last year or so caused Ciampa to fall so far down the draft. Like Laz, I saw him a lot on Beyond shows and he's the type of worker who can pair with pretty much anyone. He's get a lot more love if he wasn't one of Triple H's boys.

Damn. Rush is another guy that has been #2 or #3 on my draft list for last five or so rounds and I waited too long.

Apologies to everyone btw as I'm going to wait an hour or so until my lunch break to make my pick as my work computer stinks at posting photos.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I also am not 100% sure who I want to pick. I'm waiting to talk with my GM Magic Johnson.

I'll post it as soon as I decide and edit in the photo later to quell the frothing mob!

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Well I've waited long enough to add another tag team. Fortunately, these fellas are still on the board. For my money, they're the best tag team in the world right now. I think they've only shown a fraction of their potential on a national stage. Not only are they great brute heels but they're also great charismatic babyfaces, which they haven't shown in AEW yet. I think unlike the Young Bucks, Heaven forbid, if something bad was to happen to one of the members, they've shown potential to be able to transition into singles (which AEW has showcased better than Impact or their indies run actually).

So with my next pick, I'm going to take the Funky Monkey

Ortiz

Reaction score
One of the best workers in the country. He can play both sides of the coin but is probably most comfortable as a strong, sympathetic face who can get the crowd emotionally invested in the stories he tells in the ring.

Screen-Shot-2019-01-27-at-11.02.24-AM.png

Johnny Gargano

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I just hope you are able to draft “second facial expression” to be his tag team partner in the next round.

Staff member
Reaction score
I've been thinking about taking this guy for a really long time. This guy might be the best wrestler to not hold a stable job because he's a piece of shit, but look at who I've taken. I don't care about that.

juventud_guerrera_london_school_of_lucha_libre_resistance_gallery_unmasked.jpg

THE JUICE

My second pick, I'm surprised this guy is still available. I'm not gonna have this guy dance around for me or have him do any of that kind of stupid shit.

UnevenHighGreatwhiteshark-size_restricted.gif

R-TRUTH