Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

21st Century Fantasy Wrestling Draft

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Well I’m not taking one of those individuals. I’m going with another work rate jerk rate WRESTLER. Could use him for tag team or just be a kick ass wrestler.

CHAD GABLE (2017)

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Damn. I had plans for Gable but I waited too long. He was going to be my next pick...

Big Papa Paegan

L. A. Z.
Reaction score
I've been holding onto this pick for the last few rounds and, after securing Rusev, think that now is the right time to bring him on board. He's an absolute bombfest of a talent, one who I've always been thoroughly entertained by and who turned quite a few heads in last year's G1. If anybody could press Rusev into throwing down hard and laying it all out, it's this former Dragon Gate ace.

Takagi2019.jpg

SHINGO TAKAGI (2016)

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I had an idea involving Gable, passed on him last round to round out my female matches, missed out. Was heading one direction when it hit me that how the hell is this guy still available? Unless I’m mistaken, he’s on the board but off now

SANADA_20190909_1-392x523.jpg

Sanada

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
*I* was going to take Sanada with my next pick. SONUVA! I'm never tipping you off on sales for Portland Sea Dogs merch again!!!!
:mad: :mad: :mad:

*exhales*

I'm kind of surprised this guy is still on the board. We've had more than a few off prime ECW guys go off this board and it could easily be argued that this guy's best days were during the frame of this draft. I think he was very underutilized for a lot of his career but always took advantage whatever chances got to shine. He's a very good monster heel but I'm leaning towards using him as an asskicking babyface. Not sure if I'll pair him with The Rhodes Brothers or use him in my MitB match but it'll be one of the two

Rhino
(circa 2005)

Staff member
Reaction score
Fuck man the Rhino pick is a killer.

I will take...

3725869.jpg

Bam Bam Bigelow

and man I just know someone is gonna pick this guy, so...

Mike-Awesome.jpg

Mike Awesome

Reaction score
This is a match that would have happened. I’ll match her up with Paige. I think their interactions in a feud would be interesting and they’d put on a solid match.

rhea-ripley-2k4j4kj.png.pagespeed.ce.CRv2tgHapG.png

Rhea Ripley

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Time to add to my women's division. One of my all time personal favorite matches I've seen live was her Vs friggin Tarryn Tarrell so that should tell you something about how good of a worker she was.

YrL6YdWdULaWRJxOb2Hc1JfAP0mknsMHMzEEPbzshJ_v4IaaEzxFmFqNtrzpH4rgWGhh7F4OtjGTVfrLh60pESwXdLQabxJZjvPkegaFbVpkHhy-UhCAJgYAR5GoANBDrc60

Gail Kim
(circa 2012-13)

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Very nice. I went back and forth between Gail and Alexa.

I’m gonna need a BIG STRONG BOI

ddlpfsl-567e4483-b4da-48cf-9bda-9d2b11b8b4ce.png

TYLER BATE

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Those Gail/Taryn matches still hold up today. Just crazy ass matches and it was rare at that time to see American women's wrestling on a national stage like that have that much intensity and the levels of spots they were doing.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
That Slammiversary 2013 match that I was referring to so unique. It started out with the crowd treating it as a bathroom break match but through their hardwork and intensity, they drew the people back in and had the crowd marking out super hard. As someone who was not familiar with joshi, I had never seen a women's division match that good before.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
King Mutumbo Classic said:
That Slammiversary 2013 match that I was referring to so unique. It started out with the crowd treating it as a bathroom break match but their hardwork and intensity, they drew the people back in and had the crowd marking out super hard. As someone who was not familiar with joshi, I had never seen a women's division match that good before.

That's the really great one, but I remember them having a rematch on Impact that was pretty awesome as well. I think that might of been the last time I actually watched Impact cause I was so intrigued by a match.

Big Papa Paegan

L. A. Z.
Reaction score
I'll be following suit and topping off my women's division for the show.

Here we have my favorite female talent of the last year, one who became a favorite from the moment I first watched her on some Heavy Metal Wrestling deathmatch card from last summer. I stan for her each and every week she's on TV and, recently, watched the match where she won the IWTV championship from last year. She's not as flashy as many others here, sure, but her presence and sound psychology have quickly made her a standout for AEW. Hailing from the Andromeda galaxy, she is the Galaxy's Greatest Alien...

kris-statlander-AEW00819.jpg

KRIS STATLANDER

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
GAIL and Awesome were absolutely the next two on my board. Nice work.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Using this guy to cut great promos and to get his ass kicked.

d273038c8df132ec0f614e78b96abe8f--jimmy-wrestling.jpg

JIMMY JACOBS (2007)

OG

OG
Reaction score
Dammit, Hawk stole my next pick. I was bouncing between Gable and Beth, was naive enough to think Gable would fall one more round. So now I need another tag team for my division.

1024px-Morrison_en_Chile.jpg

John Morrisson

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
Still working on my women's roster. Picking someone who showed a lot f promise late in her WWE career who I would have liked to have seen match up with a more diverse group of talent.

raw

Thikki Misawa ('16-'17)

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
For rounds 25 through 40, I'm thinking about just assigning people time to make their picks. Any thoughts or objections?

Reminder: Rounds 25 through 40 are optional. You can make all those picks, some or none. It's two picks a day until this draft is over.

OG

OG
Reaction score
King Mutumbo Classic said:
For rounds 25 through 40, I'm thinking about just assigning people time to make their picks. Any thoughts or objections?

Reminder: Rounds 25 through 40 are optional. You can make all those picks, some or none. It's two picks a day until this draft is over.
I'm cool with that as long as it's slots rather than time limits. I'm in Dubai so timezone is an issue for me - when I pick, almost everyone else is sleeping.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, no time limits on the bonus draft just assigned times for people to make their picks. If everyone could PM me preferred times for them to draft, that would be peachy!

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Man I thought we were making good time! I guess you are really champing at the bit to get started on the 80s only draft.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
At the pace we're at, we still should be able to wrap things up by end of month and have the other draft going by May.

I was leaning towards 20th Century Draft but I'm also open to an '80s Draft then a '90s Draft. Or vice versa. And a '60s and '70s Fantasy Draft that's just a three way discussion between Brody, JHawk and alkeiper

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm want 20th Century next over 80's. The scope for 20th century is so large and interesting. 80's everyone would be scrambling by round 11 and we get people battling over drafting Jose Estrada and Rene Goulet.