Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

21st Century Fantasy Wrestling Draft

Big Papa Paegan

L. A. Z.
Reaction score
My only problem with Hero was that he tried to work a more serious style at a time when being the sniveling heel would've made him stand out all the better. His grumpy veteran run where he put on the poundage? Best run of his career.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
He's low key had a pretty great career. Could definitely be used in tags or the skinny Barry Windham type late 00's version as a guy higher up the cards. I was probably gonna take the mid 10's obese version where he was almost Adrian Adonis/Buddy Rose esque. Where he's so dumpy looking, but still pulling off these great athletic spots.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
He had a Bret Hart 1st WWF World Title run esque slate of good matches with a weird ass, diverse group of opponents during his indy run between NXT stints.

Just in Beyond alone, I saw him have bangers with Jonathan Gresham, Matt Tremont, John Silver, Keith Lee, and Da Hit Squad. Not too many guys have that many different types of good matches.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I was done with indies around that time, but I did watch some Hero matches and he seemed like one of the best indie guys around during like 2014-17 or whenever he got rehired. He had a great match with Zach Sabre Jr and pretty much all of his stuff in that era should be checked out.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
Hero was like my 3rd favorite active wrestler in 2003 before I started watching puro and lucha and I feel like his wrestling style over the years has changed as my tastes have changed. He was on my radar for this draft for a while.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
Also, some of his IWA-MS work in like '03-'04 is really fun because it's a lot of him hand holding Ian Rotten's fat, garbage worker friends through 20+ minute main events.

Big Papa Paegan

L. A. Z.
Reaction score
His feud with Human Tornado is what held PWG together after the Steen/Super Dragon feud ended. It's also the only time Tornado was anything but a decent undercard comedy guy.

Fuck, I'm glad I got him.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Adding to my badass motherfuckers who want to beat you to death collection (kobashi, kawada, nagata, takayama) I'm taking the true King of Strong Style:

shinya.png

Shinya Hashimoto

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
If this were a 90's draft, he might have been my #1 pick.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I had to double check to make sure this guy was available since it seems crazy he still is. He's been fairly relevant almost the entire 20 year period of this draft and he's in a big program right now in the number 2 company in the world. There's been so many eras of this guy and my favorite era is probably 2006-2009 when he was having great matches every week with a variety of people. But, I have a ton of workrate guys already and I need some weird bullshit on my show. I am taking

Broken-Matt-Hardy-1280x720.png

Broken Matt Hardy (2016 TNA version)

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Tajiri not being with Regal in this draft is an absolute fucking sham

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm not trying to spite Tek if he planned on drafting this guy to team with Brian Kendrick, but I really want this guy and I plan to use him as my top babyface Cruiserweight. He was so ahead of his time and would probably be the most beloved wrestler on the indies if he was there today. He made the huge mistake of going to the WWE way too early and would've probably been better off staying for a long time and signing later. There was a brief period where this guy might have been the best babyface in the world. I'm taking

london_1.jpg

Paul London (2002/2003 Ring Of Honor version)

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
He said he wasn’t interested in hooligan era Kendrick so you are in the clear

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Shit! I just remembered I wanted Shelton Benjamin for my stunt show ladder match with Jeff Hardy. And I really probably should have had Matt on my list too.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The Art of Rasslin' said:
cwm's list is pretty racist. imagine if someone only drafted white guys?

Also sexist as fuck. Nothing but ugly fat Japanese dudes. Cwm has a particular type!

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've loaded up on heavies but I need some top level juniors to go with Liger. One of the best and most influential before injuries slowed him down (and still very capable even after) is my next pick:

02.jpg

CIMA (Crazy MAX era)

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Heads up to the King Kamala, tek drafted Brian Kendrick in Round 12. Chris Hero is listed twice.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
He got so confused by all the Chris hero admiration he double downed on Chris hero like Chris hero goes for the second sleeve of Oreos.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
STUDZ said:
Heads up to the King Kamala, tek drafted Brian Kendrick in Round 12. Chris Hero is listed twice.
Ooof. I knew I should've had a 2nd iced coffee today. Fixed.

I'm p. sure Chris Hero just has a bad metabolism as I would've had plenty of opportunities at Beyond shows (where they sell dope calzones, and walking tacos and homemade cereal bars at the concession stands) to see him pig out and didn't. I did see Matt Hardy chow down on a slice of pizza with a 32 ounce soda in the other hand at an indy show during the height of the Fatt Hardy era. I marked out internally.

I'm going to insert a strict no fat shaming rule in the next draft btw!

Reaction score
Trump Train Conductor Kamala said:
STUDZ said:

I'm p. sure Chris Hero just has a bad metabolism as I would've had plenty of opportunities at Beyond shows (where they sell dope calzones, and walking tacos and homemade cereal bars at the concession stands) to see him pig out and didn't. I did see Matt Hardy chow down on a slice of pizza with a 32 ounce soda in the other hand at an indy show during the height of the Fatt Hardy era. I marked out internally.

Also, Rey Fenix with an e

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
More talent for the lower card.

EBPhdEaWwAADYG3.jpg

Drew Gulak (from sometime in the past couple of years to now)

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
I went back and forth whether to select London or Kendrick for the last pick.

cobainwasmurdered said:
I'm pretty sure beard era Kobashi got tons of pussy too.
My gf saw late 90's Kobashi for the first time the other night and went "Wow, who's that?"

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Brooklyn Zoo said:
Trump Train Conductor Kamala said:
STUDZ said:

Also, Rey Fenix with an e

Also, I don't want to say it but uh Kawara is kind of racist my man.

OG

OG
Reaction score
The fourth member of the new Evolution. He can grapple, he can be brawl or he can be the muscle and, with Flair around, he won't have to talk.

0520db60b806f9471320999cbcb48902_1849_1060.jpg

Jake Hager (2020)