Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

21st Century Fantasy Wrestling Draft

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Going to go ahead and finish a tag team here. Will use his 2019 era because that’s when he finally had a personality.

Roderick-Strong-NXT-2019-1280x720-1.jpg

RODERICK STRONG (2019)

Big Papa Paegan

L. A. Z.
Reaction score
Here's one, especially given this board, that I'm very surprised hasn't been snagged yet. He's been horribly underutilized by the company he's most associated with for the vast majority of his career and, now that he's free, will likely make an incredible splash elsewhere. The one, the only...

tenor.gif

RUSEV (2015)

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I’m torn in several directions right now but given his release today, I also was reminded Rusev was available, so that is one less for me to consider. I want to get some more women on my show and I think this next pick is very underrated in what she contributed to the current women’s division, given she exited as they were beginning to get a chance. Often overlooked for her importance in this era and industry

WWE-Main-Event-Digitals-5-22-13-aj-lee-34548947-642-722.jpg

AJ LEE

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Time to pick a hometown boy and I think someone who has slipped way down further than he should. Glad other people's loss is my gain. Not sure where I'll use him but can't pass up a talent like this this late in the game. Plus he adds to the MMA/big fight feeling I'm going for with this show.

progress-wrestling-evolve-gabe-sapolsky-matt-riddlejpeg.jpg

Matt Riddle
(circa 2017)

Reaction score
I’m gonna go with a SOULJA, who brings the intensity in and out of the ring. I also love his entrance music

Tama-Tonga.jpg

Tama Tonga

Staff member
Reaction score
5736732_orig.jpg

I have good workers, now it's time to add some entertainment. The most singularly entertaining wrestler I have ever seen.

SABU (gotta point out 2006 Sabu)

And then you guys didn't take this guy, what the fuck is wrong with you guys

source.gif

DDP

If you haven't figured out a recurring theme in my recent picks, WWE never gave these guys a chance to do anything near what they could have done for them. I already have good workers, so now I need personalities.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
SONUVA- I came thisclose to picking DDP as a Rhodes Brothers' ally against the Wyatts for my last pick. But I let Matt Riddle's incredible physique to distract me.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
King Mutumbo Classic said:
SONUVA- I came thisclose to picking DDP as a Rhodes Brothers' ally against the Wyatts for my last pick. But I let Matt Riddle's incredible physique to distract me.

Don’t worry, there’s always
QT Marshall

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Baby Shoes said:
Don’t worry, there’s always
QT Marshall
IllustriousFrailAbyssiniancat-small.gif

Anyway, time to pick another guy for my Money in the Bank type match and a guy I think could pair well with a number of guys on my roster. I find this guy to be an incredibly compelling character and a solid worker. He can also potentially be someone I build a junior heavyweight division around if I decide to go in that direction.

Marty_Scurll_IWGP_Junior_Heavyweight_Champion.jpg

"The Villain" Marty Scurll
(2017 version)

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Villain is another guy I’ve thought about but trying to fill some other gaps first.

Rounding out my second set of females for the card is someone that I don’t know if she is on anyone else’s draft board but she is a star fit for the marquee and helping me break attendance records

alexa-bliss-at-wwe-raw-in-brooklyn-04-08-2019-27.jpg

ALEXA BLISS

Big Papa Paegan

L. A. Z.
Reaction score
Time to get him while I still can, as the pressure is going to be on. Hes6a highlight of every Wednesday night, a solid worker whose personality makes him stand out even more, and a surefire main event star within the next 5 years. He loves panda bears and shitty haircuts, posterboard promos and prime time karaoke, and torturing his good pal Joe Alonso. He is a Spanish God...

f5287c39467a15bf09befa208efa630a.jpeg

SAMMY GUEVARA (current)

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Adding more tag team content to my roster

giphy.gif

KYLE O RILEY (not necessarily the undisputed era I just couldn’t resist using this gif)

OG

OG
Reaction score
Not sure if I'll use this guy in a tag team or as a single but he works either way. I think he had a really good, underrated run and is probably one of TNA's all time MVP's.

a_2852.jpg

"Cowboy" James Storm (2004)

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't want to just have a token women's match on my card, so I need to draft more women. So how about one of the greatests of all time?

aja-kong-bp-1.jpg

Aja Kong ('01-'03)

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Gotta take one of Liger's greatest rivals. He spent most of this century as a heavy (and was great) but the first several years he was still a junior.

9d380142-0eec-4e59-9d35-24d666dbc98e.jpg

Shinjiro Otani (01-05)

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I have a ton of Japanese and European dudes, so I need to diversify further. This guy is someone I really like that I need to do a deep dive of. His longevity is ridiculous as he started in the 70's and was still a damn good worker from I can tell recently. One of the best rudos ever. I'm taking

275px-Cmllmiddle_negro.jpg

Negro Casas (2000's)

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm not even the biggest fan of this guy as a worker and his WWE run was pretty embarrassing and did so much to damage his reputation in many people's eyes. But, there was a brief window where he was possibly the biggest draw in the entire world. His popularity was unreal during the 00's. And, he was a really fun and dynamic flyer during that time. I'm gonna take

800px-Misticoflickree.jpg

Mistico (2004 to 2010)

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
One of my initial pie in the sky dreams for my card was for a '00s Ric Flair Vs '00s Ricky Steamboat match. Alas, I didn't get either of them.

And you just know that even in their fifties, they'd easily hit ***1/2 if not ****

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This guy is a big favourite of mine. He's had a ton of influence on a lot of current workers and if injuries hadn't taken him out he'd still be tearing it up.

01.jpg

Milano Collection AT (Toryumon/DG Era)

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
Continuing to draft female wrestlers. She was for a period of a few weeks, one of the top 3-4 workers in WWE.

meiko-by-robyn-goding.jpg

Meiko Satomura (2005-2009)

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Very nice pick with a Miko. I was tempted by her with a recent tweet I had seen from someone celebrating her 25th anniversary but wasn’t sure if she meshed with the feel of my promotion and talent roster.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Tek is really making me nervous with some of these women picks. I gotta just pray she's still around next round and pick the one I want earlier than I thought otherwise I gotta use Asuka in an intergender match. She does have experience with that at least.

OG

OG
Reaction score
The main heel on my woman's roster to feud with Sasha Banks. Her career was pretty short but it may have been (next to Rousey) the most dominant any woman has been in WWE.

Beth_Phoenix_-_Slammy_Award_Winner.jpg

Beth Phoenix (2008)

Reaction score
Great pick. She did have a strong peak.

Everyone up next is online. Let’s get like 12 picks in

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Interesting set of picks as people go value diving in these days rounds finding some gems.