Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

21st Century Fantasy Wrestling Draft

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
damn

Out of all these promoters you are now least likely get get the invite to the jungle cruise premiere

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
You gonna recreate the Backlash 2002 main event since Baby Shoes took Rock?

I was curious to see how far Triple H fell. I half thought I'd be able to get him with my third round pick.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I wanted Dixie Carter's business partner era Hulkster.

Gonna have to rethink how I'm going to recreate the Aces & Eights angle. Well, shit, I already have Biker Taker....*scribbles notes*

Master Thrasher

Seven Time Tetris 99 Champ!
Reaction score
Bernie Bro Kamala said:
I wanted Dixie Carter's business partner era Hulkster.

Gonna have to rethink how I'm going to recreate the Aces & Eights angle. Well, shit, I already have Biker Taker....*scribbles notes*

Since I had back to back picks I thought about taking the Dudleys.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
All this talk of talent, there goes me getting Reverend D-von and Joey Ryan squashing Rock and Cena

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I thought my selection of Undertaker in his Big Red Evil era would have people crying foul but I'm guessing it was close enough to THE BONEYARD MATCH that people let it slide.

Hopefully, someone else will pick a popular wrestling during an unpopular era of their career and have TRTSM crying foul.

Also---everyone just please be mindful and try to avoid mentioning names that haven't gotten picked yet. I guess I kind of started it (although if anyone picks Joey Ryan in 3rd round, I might kick them out of the draft) but will refrain from doing so in the future.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Guys it's a business and I'm promoting a card, sometimes you are gonna do business with people that are evil. He's not exempt from this draft that I know of and he's still available so if I didn't do this someone else would of. I guess I pick

41PXF1A8MNL._AC_.jpg

Chris Benoit (Smackdown Six Era)

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I was trying to find a pic that didn't creep me out so I ended up choosing the creepiest pic.

Staff member
Reaction score
Joyful & Soyful said:
Guys it's a business and I'm promoting a card, sometimes you are gonna do business with people that are evil. He's not exempt from this draft that I know of and he's still available so if I didn't do this someone else would of. I guess I pick

41PXF1A8MNL._AC_.jpg

Chris Benoit (Smackdown Six Era)

Brooklyn Zoo said:
Who is that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lhhB_epChU

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I was curious to see where he'd go. I was expecting 4th or 5th round and hoping it wouldn't be 1st or 2nd. If you a weirdly able to put murdering your wife and child aside and judge things, onn a purely wrestling and star power level though, I think 3rd round seems about right for our fallen hero Roots Genoa IMO.

Staff member
Reaction score
If Rey and HBK would have been gone I would have taken him.

Master Thrasher

Seven Time Tetris 99 Champ!
Reaction score
When we had the last wrestling draft, I think I picked him first, and y'all were shocked. Thought about doing it again.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
Stupid-ass mid-2000's Terry Funk who was still having like 2-3 killer matches a year at this point.

D6xuQxkUIAAvQ1s.jpg

OG

OG
Reaction score
Another possible reach but his talent is unquestionable and I see a great feud with Edge.

Kenny_Omega_IWGP_Junior_Heavyweight_Champion.JPG

Kenny Omega (2017)

I don't really watch many indy guys but I think he'd get over anywhere.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
One of the absolute biggest stories of the century has been the rise of female wrestling with a influx of great talents and star attractions and I’m going to take the first female off the board here and the first choice could only be the most accomplished, top working females in the game today and now you all must BOW TO THE QUEEN

960.jpg

CHARLOTTE FLAIR

Big Papa Paegan

L. A. Z.
Reaction score
I guess Hawk and I had similar ideas in this round, because I'm dipping into the female talent pool to sign a talent who made the transition from legitimate combat sports to professional wrestling quick and seamlessly. She hates do nothing bitches and could make half the men up for grabs tap in seconds.

ronda-rousey-wwe.jpg

"ROWDY" RONDA ROUSEY

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I thought Omega was easily going to be a Top 10 if not Top 5 pick and I'm shocked he fell this long. He was the other dude I was considering taking when I picked Taker cause I think him and Punk would have an absolute banger. I was hoping against hope that he'd drop to me at end of Round 3 so I could put my secondary title on him but back to the drawing board!

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
This place is a anti omega territory so I never expected him to go THIS EARLY.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Even with a bunch of haters, I expected someone to go against the grain but I guess his mediocre AEW run has quieted whichever Omega stands are here.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Jon Mosley

mox-belt.jpg

Edit: did not catch autocorrect while half asleep

MOXLEY

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It's kind of fitting this guy goes right behind Mosley Moxley. My backup plan to Omega. And a guy like Omega that I think might have fallen some in the draft cause of his weird/bad 2019. Or maybe his 2019 was so weird/bad that people think I'm picking him way too soon. NEVERTHELESS...

I think he's a really great rat bastard heel and perfect choice for my secondary title (and he could easily slide up to main event as well).

https://youtu.be/ASQ8BCZIB-o
Seth Rollins (circa 2015)

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Omega's buzz has cooled considerably over the last year and there's some people like me, cwm, tek, hawk, 909, and maybe a few others in the draft that either don't like him or are indifferent towards him. I'm not that surprised he fell. If it was 2016-18, he'd probably go higher but there's so many talented guys.

OG

OG
Reaction score
He's just another guy in AEW. They kind of killed anything that made him special. Oddly enough, they've done exactly what WWE probably would've done to him.

I will say this though - I never considered him in round 1 or 2. I think round 3 is the right place for him.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Joyful & Soyful said:
Omega's buzz has cooled considerably over the last year and there's some people like me, cwm, tek, hawk, 909...

Whiny old goths.

(No. I think Round 3 is about right for Omega in my opinion, objectively speaking. I just forgot what corner of the IWC I was in)