Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

21st Century Fantasy Wrestling Draft

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The good corner. There's like 15 guys left that could be my spotfest guy over Omega. Although he might of been good for the Heidenreich squash I could've done.

Reaction score
02_RAW_09172001_0005.jpg

Rob Van Dam (2001-2002)

the one with the entrance music before ONE OF A KIND

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So many guys I would take over Omega still considering the overall time-frame and this is world-wide. I don't even really intend that as a knock on him as I do think when he is at his best he is capable of being very good.

That's just been very rare for some time. Heyo.

Staff member
Reaction score
Tetsuya-Naito-Wrestle-Kingdom-14-645x370.png

Of course I would take Tetsuya Naito.

The second pick is a little harder, but this guy was still great when he first came to TNA...I need to use this gif though because it shows the range of how good a worker this guy was.

9TOC.gif

STING

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Naito falling this far seems more baffling than Omega tbh. I was gonna take him if both CWM and tek took Kobashi and Tanahashi. But Tana fell to me.

Staff member
Reaction score
Lol did you finally watch the episode of Nitro where they randomly put those guys together as a super gay faction?

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Firmino of the 909 said:
Lol did you finally watch the episode of Nitro where they randomly put those guys together as a super gay faction?

I caught it on an episode of WCW Pro I was watching on youtube. I imagine they played that vignette a ton in the Summer to get everyone hot and bothered. I had to part ways with Mr. Boylen after watching it.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Naito is another guy I thought would be picked in first two rounds but it looks like the angry goth nature of this board is dropping a lot of current guys' stock. Which will work out for my next pick. :)

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Had to check 4 or 5 times to make sure this guy didn't get picked. Genuinely shocked he fell to the fourth but hey---you fellas' loss is my gain. Awesome to get a surefire main eventer in the 4th round.

He is one of the coolest wrestlers ever IMO, even in his current kind of washed, "keep getting them checks" state. I think everyone would love to see him clobber annoying little shit Seth Rollins so that's going to be my semi-main event. But ah shit! I'm beatin' at thought of him against 2011 era Punk OR BIKERTAKER.

https://youtu.be/ctS_PUU-ab0
Shinsuke Nakamura (2014 edition)

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Naito was on my radar. Two other guys that I want, I worry it may be too early for them but I don’t want to risk missing them. I will go for the one I want next, even if this is early::

keith-lee-wwe-nxt-interview.jpg

KEITH LEE

Big Papa Paegan

L. A. Z.
Reaction score
Time to give Ronda an opponent. One whose prime was just before women's wrestling started to get taken seriously in the States, but one whose work was instrumental in aiding that on a ground level. She even played a part in the TNA Knockouts division when it was serious and not just a showcase for Russo's T&A! Her work still stands out to this day, and her professionalism will help cover any shortcoming Ronda may have. Gimme an M, gimme an E, gimme an L-I-S-S-A...

melissa4.jpg

CHEERLEADER MELISSA (2006ish)

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I have to take one of the biggest names in the history of the industry and a guy who could be a main event star no matter how I choose to go with him and even tho his peak had already occurred just a couple years prior, he was still having classic matches at this stage of his career. A LEGEND! BANG BANG!

6c76b-1516472099-500.jpg

MICK FOLEY (2004)

OG

OG
Reaction score
Austin needs an opponent. He needs someone who is a supreme asshole that the crowd will despise and can also sell his ass off. Another guy versatile enough to be heel or face, main event or midcard.

Orton_Royal_Rumble_2009.jpg

Randy Orton (2009-2010)

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
I fucked up and missed out on Charlotte and Ronda, so now I'm scrambling to find someone to build my women's division around. She may not have been my first female pick, but I do love monster heels.
awesomekong2.png

Awesome Kong (2008)

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I waited long enough to take my favourite wrestler:

Oa6ZZpT.jpg

Jushin Thunder Liger (from the start of the decade up through the end of the CTU run in 07. Haven't nailed down exactly how I'll use him yet so not more specific than that.)

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
A very prominent and I thought popular '00s WWE main eventer I'm flat out amazed he hasn't gotten picked. Shocked Booker, Kane, Orton, and even arguably Triple H got picked over him.

It's a very workrate focused draft but still THIS GUY IS BETTER THAN most '00s WWE main eventers IMO and I thought would go by now

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
This guy I don't think would be picked in a bit, but I know he will be gone before I have a chance to pick again so I have to take him. I choose

maxresdefault.jpg

Cesaro (From around 2014 when he won The Andre Battle Royal)

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
alright gonna go with someone who reinvented themselves in this century and was a huge draw all over the world.

20026titles1.jpg

Keiji Mutoh

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
Time to add some beef to my card

images

Mark Henry (sometime in the late 2000's)

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Avid Warehouse Enthusiast said:
Technically speaking, Cactus showed up for one of the best matches of 2004 and two of the best in 2006, soooooo...

I was thinking the same - he cited 2000 but Foley was still active for a few WWE spots or his TNA World Title run.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Oh I didn’t know it started from 2001 but either way 2004 Foley still fits my plans