Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

21st Century Fantasy Wrestling Draft

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
You better pick Test, brother. Even though his best match was in 20th Century, I'd argue he really hit his peak in '01-'02.

YOU GOT THE CHANCE TO WIN THE FAVOR OF ALL OF THE TESTICLES!

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
King Mutumbo Classic said:
You better pick Test, brother. Even though his best match was in 20th Century, I'd argue he really hit his peak in '01-'02.

YOU GOT THE CHANCE TO WIN THE FAVOR OF ALL OF THE TESTICLES!

THAT TEST VS KANE MATCH AT NO MERCY 2001 IS GOOD DAMMIT ALL HAIL TEST

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I hadn’t realized Chris Masters was gone and down the final stretch had any one of the following duos in the spot I took The Bouncers: Masters/Carlito, Los Matadores, Moose/ Killer Kross, Blake & Murphy, Authors of Pain

Til I started thinking of random things in the supplemental round, I really thought I was going to book the IIconics vs The Beautiful People and a Roadkill vs Michael Nakazawa match as a weird comedy attraction

Similar to my comments on MVP and Mr. Perfect, I had some recent NXT talent that I never found a spot for like Shayna Baszler and the Street Profits.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Peak Test to me is when he was banging barely legal Kelly Kelly and tried running down idiot fans with his vehicle at a house show I went to, trying to impress her

Big Papa Paegan

L. A. Z.
Reaction score
Upside to having till Friday to post my card is that I have plenty of time to rethink it, as I've been drafting based on what matches I'd like to book. The downside is that I have plenty of time to rethink it, and I'm now sitting on a bunch of clusterfuck tag matches.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Baby Shoes said:
Peak Test to me is when he was banging barely legal Kelly Kelly and tried running down idiot fans with his vehicle at a house show I went to, trying to impress her

If they would've had Test more as a douchebag jock instead of a big man or a monster, he would've probably been more fondly remembered. He was quite good in the role in 2003 tbh when he was treating Stacy like dirt and feuding with Steiner. Their match at Unforgiven 2003 isn't good obviously, but it was one of the most heated matches on that show with a bigger crowd reaction than RVD vs Jericho vs Christian or HBK vs Orton. And, a lot of that has to do with how hateable and good Test was in the douchebag heel role.

Might need to start a Test thread if I remember.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think Test could've been fine as a strong, silent babyface. Idk if he was World Title material like some corners of the IWC.

Idk if he was even that mistreated by WWE. They brought him back in '06-'07 when he was completely washed/trying to commit vehicular manslaughter to impress Kelly Kelly (and Baby Shoes) and tried to build him as WWECW's top heel when they were still trying to make that matter.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
I’m drafting both of these guys to make them a tag team, just so I can repost this segment as the breakup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eG0FOmsj18

Bulldog gets attacked from behind by Alex’s old partner to recreate a team that can sell for the big guys while still getting some decent offence in. What’s more, they have the exact kind of gimmick that will get over with that crowd, especially non-wrestling fans.

hkWOHYXNh0XGVEHi1WxenwPquFrpkE0k06qiDnB1iYQwSHZXpfBDKxyBaqV2IQTILNChvaxqku2txgZRUEWzeAtBoTkx7oLjTvVcAVr0GtL6PjSqaJqDN8YB6Y8

DANCING FOOLS BOOGIE KNIGHTS

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah but are you drafting the Disqo Duck too?

I'm one of four WCW fans that remembered Disco Inferno changed his name to Disqo during the last six months of WCW to match with the Duck (and they didn't want to potentially see Rick Dees' litigious side)

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
While researching when Disco changed his name to Disqo, I saw that Disco Inferno wrestled in Toryumon in 2002. So he'll go over real well on YPOV's show.

https://www.cagematch.net/?id=1&nr=59829

Hate to say it but Disco Inferno's Trump support probably cost him being picked in the first 40 rounds. Even though Trump himself got drafted. A commentary on how Trump supporters think they can display the same bad behavior but can't escape consequences like their hero can.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
The duck's included for sure. I thought he called himself Disqo because Sisqo was really popular around that time.

I would say like 50% of the American wrestlers drafted are Trump supporters, and that number is probably low. Anyway, unless someone is outright bigoted, I won't discriminate based on conservative beliefs. This is a truly tolerant show.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Only guy who I drafted who might be a piece of shit is Dan Maff but that's all based on rumor and innuendo. If Homicide found it in his heart to forgive him then so can I.

Big Papa Paegan

L. A. Z.
Reaction score
I, too, remember Disqo. He was the funniest member of the Filthy Animals due to how uncool he was. So uncool that he made Billy Kidman look cool.

2000 was a weird time.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Yeah, actual LOD had that match with RVD and Kane in 2003, so they could’ve been a decent pickup

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah they were still around for a few years. Even besides their weird tryout match on Raw in 2003 against RVD and Kane, looking at cagematch a couple of these 2000's LOD matches sound like interesting curiosities. Like LOD vs Vader and Dick Togo or LOD vs Kensuke Sasaki and Kenzo Suzuki. But they mostly went up against Mike And Todd Shane AKA The Johnsons AKA The Gymini on various indies before Hawk passed away.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
YPOV might still do that, brother.

Firmino of the 909 said:
I thought about drafting the actual LOD.

Like Thrasher, I actually considered drafting the LOD 2005 iteration of the team during whichever rounds I took Totally Buff. Totally Buff filled void I had for goofy washed team in my four corners tag. I'd rather have goofy green Heidenreich then sad, broken down Hawk tbh.

I also very briefly considered the short lived Road Warrior Animal/Chavo Guerrero Jr team from '01 WCW.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
Who got Matt Hardy? They should have picked up Tatanka and reformed that classic tag team.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I did. I had to have some sports Entertainment nonsense on my show so I'm implementing the Broken Universe. I wish I would've remembered Tatanka earlier. I was a mark for that old man Tatanka run for some reason.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
tekcop said:
Who got Matt Hardy? They should have picked up Tatanka and reformed that classic tag team.
They somehow got a Tag Team Titles shot against MNM at WWE No Way Out '06. Shows how useless the Tag Team Titles were in the '00s. There's no way that, kayfabe wise, that random ass pairing earned a shot!

(I looked it up on Cawthon's and it looks like it was set up by Melina challenging Matt to a match against MNM with a partner of his choice and Matt picked TATANKA (Buffalo). Another example of Matt Hardy being one of the underrated minds in the biz.)

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
One of the best workers of the first decade of this millennium, that you've heard of but would be surprised to know how good he is now.

This match is so bloody and violent there's a warning in the beginning and you have to sign in to youtube to watch it. Love his selling. LOOK AT THE SCREENCAP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFLu6PBi4g8

SAVIO VEGA

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I feel bad for Road Dogg that he was the only member of DeGeneration X (and 3Live Kru) to not get drafted.

I mean he was washed after '01 but I thought someone would take him in last round or two even after 909 picked Billy & Chuck.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
King Mutumbo Classic said:
I feel bad for Road Dogg that he was the only member of DeGeneration X (and 3Live Kru) to not get drafted.

I mean he was washed after '01 but I thought someone would take him in last round or two even after 909 picked Billy & Chuck.

Wish I thought to take current day Road Dogg as an agent to talk about Jesus and argue with fans on Twitter. Damn.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I very briefly thought of picking Road Dogg and Joey Mercury as a makeshift tag team of washed corporate stooges in last 3 or 4 rounds but then someone would've felt bad that Christian York went undrafted.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Someone fumbled skipping Christian York circa his 2012 TNA Gut Check run