Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

21st Century Fantasy Wrestling Draft

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
STUDZ said:
Since it's supercards, everyone should be able to go buck wild on the gimmick matches I think.
Yeah. Anyone can feel to free to do whatever gimmick matches they'd like. I know Roy did a show once where someone got hung from the Olympic Stadium Tower. Idk if Olympic Stadium in Montreal has ever even hosted a wrestling show. So I guess that's one draft we've improved on.

I've actually been very lucky with my draft as I was kind of winging it as I went along and no one that I really felt like I had to have was snagged out from underneath me. I almost did some moderate tinkering today but I think I'm fairly set.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I was gonna have Ishii and Necro Butcher duke it out, but then I noticed no one took PCO, Mil Muertes, or Masato Tanaka and had to have them. Now, I have a variety of guys I can pair either Necro or Ishii with.

I also wasn't kidding when I said I was gonna have Trump against Pimpinela Escarlata and Danshoku Dino in a punishment match. NON WRESTLER RULES OR NO NON WRESTLER RULES. Trump getting taken was the only time my plan truly fell apart.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
I think a decent idea is that instead of everyone just mass loading their respective cards where things get lost in a shuffle we should use timed release spots so all cards get equal and deserved attention to be mocked or more constructively, be praised.

Yeah. Have everyone PM their cards to Kamala (or someone else if he's too busy!) and they can post like one card a day.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I like Hawk's idea. I'll come up with available time slots tonight. I'll give everyone a couple days to weigh things but maybe do 2 to 3 cards a day (with each getting their own thread) Thursday through Sunday?

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
King Mutumbo Classic said:
I like Hawk's idea. I'll come up with available time slots tonight. I'll give everyone a couple days to weigh things but maybe do 2 to 3 cards a day (with each getting their own thread) Thursday through Sunday?

Thrasher must go last.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
caera-una-cabellera.jpg

Virus

Taiy%C5%8D_Kea.jpg

Taiyo Kea

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Ooh Virus is a really good get this late. I was considering him but I needed more attractions and freak shows.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Are there no match number limits or anything on this? I did a early blueprint of my show and I'm at 13 matches even with a few multimans.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm doing no matches with more than 4 people, so I've got a lot of matches. I'm planning on doing two nights.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I have a 13 match card planned currently as well with very minimum multiple person wackiness

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
My card is a week long extravaganza. In fact, the show is endless.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
Hey Kamala, do I need to wait for Laz or can I go after CWM picks? It seems like he won't be around the board today, I'd at least like to get my main event in there.

Big Papa Paegan

L. A. Z.
Reaction score
I wouldn't have been offended if you cut in line. My son's been a terror this weekend.

FINAL TWO PICKS are going to be half "this guy would be a future superstar if he didn't work 205 Live" and half "best damn ring announcer ever."

First, we find ourselves with a former CZW World Heavyweight champion, a former MLW World Heavyweight champion, and a former EVOLVE Champion, he is "The Swerve"...
ac798f8df2fb314c-600x338.jpg

SHANE STRICKLAND

And to call everybody down to the ring, he's been the one to announce even more iconic matches than Jim Ross could've dreamed, a man who will be sorely missed...
wwe-howard-finkel.jpg

HOWARD FINKEL

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
There were a lot of directions I could go in with my card. But when I saw one of my favourites was still available, someone who could arguably outdraw anyone else drafted, I knew I had to build the card around him.

The pound for pound best fighter in the world, arguably one of the best pound for pound fighters of all time. This is a pro wrestling show though, so it’s important to note that he’s a damned good worked shooter in his own right. On top of that, he’s got insane charisma and the IT factor, so he’ll get you to care about everything he’s doing. Being the most popular athlete in Japan, when his aura was at its most mystical, you better believe the whole country will be watching this card. It will be what Vince wishes Wrestlemania was.

I would say "I can't believe nobody picked this guy" but I get this is not that kind of board.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDbXTekxSI0

IF YOU KNOW, YOU KNOW

tumblr_oal7wjK8BJ1qf7xjao1_400.gif

NO NOT TITO HE'S JUST SHOWING HOW WE ALL FEEL ABOUT THE MAN

Kazushi Sakuraba, February 2001

Tokyo Dome? Yeah that’s cool. But it’s not the biggest stadium in Japan so it wouldn’t even be my first pick. And a match this big needs the largest capacity stadium to ever host a wrestling event in Japan. A place that was so prestigious, it was picked to host the World Cup Final. If you don’t live in a wrestling bubble, you know how special that is:

1024px-Nissan_International_Stadium_Yokohama.jpg

Nissan Stadium - Yokohama, Japan (not TN, Hawk)

And before you ask, yes there was a wrestling event hosted here:

https://www.cagematch.net/?id=1&nr=252603&page=3

This will be a classic outdoor show. We booked a potential makeup date in case of bad weather, but thankfully we had clear skies on our chosen date.

In order to make this main event matter and really be a big deal for though, we need an epic feud with one of the best worked shooters and a very well known wrestler in Japan himself. What’s better, these two have had rivalries in the media for years but never faced off in their primes. Only before when they were unknown and after when they were broken down.
We’ll capitalize while the heat is hottest and they matter the most. With the level of ability between these two combined with the backstory, this match will be a truly epic main event worthy of a packed house at Nissan Stadium.

hqdefault.jpg

Kiyoshi Tamura, 2001

That’s the look of a man who is cool with being hated by 80k people.

I'll post more later. But due to the epic nature of the main, the rest of the card has to have that ‘mania’ feel. There will be something for everyone. A lot of local talent will feature, of course. But it will also be ‘cosmopolitan’, this won’t be some UWF-i dimly lit arena shit. It will be the kind of event where celebs and athletes want to be seen at, which is why I'll feature wrestling styles from all around the world. Stay tuned.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
STUDZ said:
Are there no match number limits or anything on this? I did a early blueprint of my show and I'm at 13 matches even with a few multimans.
I'll allow up to 3 nights. No more than 30 matches total cause I don't want to have to read more than 360 fantasy booking match write ups.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I didn't think anyone was actually gonna book 30 matches and now I'm afraid I planted that seed in someone's head....

CARD POSTING SCHEDULE

Thursday 5-7
The Art of Rasslin
Brooklyn Zoo
King Kamala

Friday 5-8
Baby Shoes
Laz
Hawk 34
OG

Saturday 5-9
Tekcop
CWM
STUDZ
Thrasher

Basic rundown and cards results are fine, more details are great, even though it's quarantine time, Idk if any of us want to read a War & Peace esque tome about your European Title match.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
I can't reveal my whole card at once, so I'll reveal some wrestlers before then to keep things interesting in the days leading up to the card.

I have a few main event level matches i'm going to stick throughout the card to make it feel bigger, this is one of those:

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av41090041/

Kageshi vs. Hana Kimura, particularly this feud and match

Take out the outside interference and they get to use the whole stadium for those crazy hardcore spots. Trim it down to about 12-15 minutes. Seriously, watch this match. The outside interference is weird gimmick shit, but when they actually engage it's some of the best hardcore shit i've ever seen. Nobody knows who Hana Kimura is now, I guarantee the next time you do a draft like this, she'll be picked near the top.

That rope spot is what Orton and Edge should have watched before doing that stupid weight bench shit. also the vocals in this are so good i bet luger would watch this match and go, “I love the way this new generation is carrying on my legacy of using the voice to make a match truly epic.”

CautiousWholeCanine-max-1mb.gif

this looks like vader stiffness, but it can't possibly be that bad because her opponents wouldn't be able to survive. unreal.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I don't want to raise the ire of YPOV so I'll spoiler tag it but the other half of the people I was considering for my last two picks went undrafted.

I was originally going to select Carlito & Primo Colon for my Four Corners Tag Team match before I realized DHS were still on the board. Carlito is in same category as Ken Kennedy. I wasn't surprised to see him go undrafted...but if someone picked him after Round 35, I would have thought it was a pretty good pick.

My 11th hour idea for a midcard hardcore match was 2004 era Hardcore Holly Vs Eddie Kingston. Grizzled WWE lifer Vs grizzled indies lifer. Eddie Kingston is a guy that really should have gotten drafted. Tremendous promo, believable presence.