Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

21st Century Fantasy Wrestling Draft

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'll give some leeway when it comes to commentary. What Brocklock described is fine.

STUDZ said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKNf0rLsNWo
I still think this era of Raw might somehow be worse than either show now. Raw in 2009 and 2010 maybe had 5-7 matches go above *** the entire year coupled with pandering to celebrities that are either way past their prime or shilling something that nobody remembers a few weeks later.
My best friend legit finally got into wrestling by hate watching Monday Night RAW with me during our college breaks (and a year or two after we graduated) from 2009 to 2012. Getting into WWE in 2009 is like getting into WCW in '99 (or WWE now). Just like HUH!?

But I tell you what, the feeling my friend got during the WWE Summer of Punk in 2011 is probably like how the fan of a bummy sports franchise feels when they turn things around and make the playoffs.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Ugh, I have four heel tag teams on my board with one goal in mind - one dominant team that is still on the board, one team made up of two good singles guys that I think would be great pickups this late. But these monster pairs don’t fit for the spot on the card.

I need some big guys that I really just want to job to a pairing of my comedy goofs. So that brings a team of two early 2000 trash hosses available but I don’t really like or want them.

So because of the spot, I am going to pass on three better, or at least bigger name value, teams to take some fat guys who can be clownish and not look out of place doing the job for some goofs.

The Bouncers (The Beer City Bruiser and Brian Milonas)

latest

There a still quite a few names on the board I wouldn’t mind picking up but think I have a fairly decent vision with what I have.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
You know what? I kind of like Beer City Bruiser and think he's moderately underutilized. Like he shouldn't be a main eventer, even in current ROH but he could be ROH TV Title level. Especially if he got rid of that stupid, incredibly unover catchphrase.

Milonas I've watched for a long time on the New England indy scene and he is NOT VERY GOOD but 1. It's nice to not see him clogging up New England indy cards. 2. In this current age, sometimes it's nice to see a big man who wrestles like a big man.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Yeah, I think they are a fine undercard tag act. They’ve done more happy-go-lucky babyface stuff in recent times but I want them as big, nasty fats. The three other teams I thought about just didn’t fit what I wanted as much, even though two of them I still feel are more valuable.

I’m kind of interested in discussion of who didn’t get taken. There was a full tag team match I almost took at the start of the supplemental round that is still completely available. Looking at my card, I have a 13-match card set.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I wasn't going to, but I have a commentary team set now. First guy I had to quadruple check to make sure he wasn't taken. My first guy is

DW_Twitter.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOIR9JpbP_A

Don West

The color analyst I chose is a little trickier. He guest starred on a 2014 episode of Monday Night Raw to promote one of the best films of the 2010s THE NEED FOR SPEED by doing guest commentary on an Alberto Del Rio vs Dolph Ziggler match. I will post a sample of some of the in depth analysis he brings as well. My final pick is

Hv-bOQUOGunq8WtTzcfH3IaEXlsJS6JtZH5--Tsm0kDfToMQl5P8RL9fIXNIeKsDAYQSeKvJZxbrq81lqd2yGLQV2M4w5HCwB-_04WhVQbKfar2fw3njxTCkx7SOLsspUWB8Mb6xerxF5h63

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UEu0lwXfcA

Aaron Paul

Master Thrasher

Seven Time Tetris 99 Champ!
Reaction score
Bret wouldn't be a good commentator. He'd spend the entire broadcast trying to put himself over and put down HHH, Hogan, Bischoff, and others.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The other guy I was gonna pick as commentator but got cut for Aaron Paul was

RAW_1122_Photo_075-424661016.jpg

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Thank you for not allowing trades for this draft, I think that was a thing we did once and it became a convoluted thing I believe.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Thanks. I've barely been able to handle the draft as is, I knew I'd really boff things if I started trying to figure out trades.

I thought this was first draft I've run but I also ran a 1996 NBA Redraft where someone (Flik maybe) picked Steve Nash #1, KOAB picked Derek Fisher 2nd, I picked AI 3rd and an angry perplexed 909 picked Kobe all the way down at #4...so I'm going to pretend this draft was my first one.

Is Derek Fisher on Cameo so we can hire him to motivate KOAB?

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
BZ, I was holding off on the Aaron Paul pick as long as I could brother.

Also, I remember that draft kamala. I also remember the time we drafted our own NBA teams out of any players in history and KOAB's first pick was Chris Mullin.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Oooh can we do a gimmick match round? Where you get a special gimmick match that no one else can? JUST AN IDEA CUZ I WAS THINKING OF THIS

artwork.jpg

Or the 21st century version of it

images

And said ZOINKS! That’d be fun for the draft.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Since it's supercards, everyone should be able to go buck wild on the gimmick matches I think.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
STUDZ said:
Since it's supercards, everyone should be able to go buck wild on the gimmick matches I think.

I agree with this. I know Kamala has been assembling a Money in the Bank style match. I have a couple multi-man matches and a trios match booked but look forward to seeing Thrasher have retired versions of guys and celebrities in a Lockdown style show from Hammerstein.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I have like 3 death matches or no holds barred matches planned as well as possibly a multiman spotfest with weapons.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
That reminds me I did have one gimmick match booked for my little group of garbage wrestlers.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
SEE THE TRICK IS YOU JUST NAME YOUR STREET FIGHT AFTER YOUR CITY THEN ITS A DIFFERENT STREET FIGHT DUH.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Baby Shoes said:
STUDZ said:

I agree with this. I know Kamala has been assembling a Money in the Bank style match. I have a couple multi-man matches and a trios match booked but look forward to seeing Thrasher have retired versions of guys and celebrities in a Lockdown style show from Hammerstein.

HOLLYWOOD SQUARES IN A CELL

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Anyone else with their roster picked have drastic changes with anyone on their card from when they drafted someone? I had a couple possibilities for Velveteen Dream when I snagged him late and was going to give him a decent profile match. With all the stuff that came out since, I lost my interest in having him on my roster and now have him scheduled to be hidden in the mix of a multi-man match.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Having Kofis partners taken from me changed my interest in Kofi to the point he’s a feature player in my spot fest multi man match.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think a decent idea is that instead of everyone just mass loading their respective cards where things get lost in a shuffle we should use timed release spots so all cards get equal and deserved attention to be mocked or more constructively, be praised.