Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

21st Century Fantasy Wrestling Draft

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
MVP is a guy that is great this late. I thought about him since supplemental started but I’m starting to book some comedy and popcorn matches so left a few more talented people on the board for some quality (IMO) goofballs

Big Papa Paegan

L. A. Z.
Reaction score
Finishing up a faction here, one who was instrumental in confirming Mark Dallas as the best booker of this generation. One man is the most underrated UK talent of the last 20 years and can work with any opponent of any size, the other is the forgotten bruiser half of the Sumerian Death Squad (alongside Tommy End).

Mikey_Whiplash.png

MIKEY WHIPLASH

Michael_Dante.jpg

MICHAEL DANTE

wearelegionforwearemany

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
King Mutumbo Classic said:
There's a very vocal "Mabel was actually great" subsection of Wrestling Twitter, led by California indy wrestler and former Championship Wrestling From Hollywood booker Johnny Yuma.

https://twitter.com/ManceWarner/status/1256336713372200960

Brocklock pick ol' Mancer and make that dream match happen

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Avid Warehouse Enthusiast said:
Yuma was a career jobber in SoCal indies. Do not take his word for anything.
In addition to his Viscera stanning, he also loves the Star Wars prequels. Interesting Twitter follow. If Big Beard Booty Daddy doesn't own one of his shirts then he should.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
tumblr_p6fgf8vmHO1r8xjj2o2_250.jpg

Takao Omori

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgBxze0ye94

OG

OG
Reaction score
Welcome to team Muhammad Hassan: first, a fun cruiser who will snap after all the rednecks keep assuming he's Arab.

1280px-Sonjay_Dutt_2015.jpg

Sonjay Dutt

Second, is self explanatory.

Shiek_Abdul_Bashir_Chicago_IL_121208.jpg

Sheik Abdul Bashir

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
For my 2nd to last round of picks, I'm picking two guys who I'm mildly surprised are still on the board. One or both will be in my four corners tag team match. They were Tag Team Champions briefly early in their career but I'm going to pick them in later iterations.

https://youtu.be/D2S_5y_bfA0
Heath Slater

https://youtu.be/Da8PUh_F_Qc
Justin Gabriel

Also realize I have the option to team up Heath with Rhino and put Justin Gabriel in my MitB match. Hmmmmmm.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Mr. Kennedy, I was genuinely wondering whether or not he was going to fall off the board. He seemed like a surefire future WWE World Champ from '05 to '07, got seal of approval from Undertaker then *raspberry noise*. He's a good pick in late thirties rounds but Idk if I would have picked him if he still was on the board tomorrow. He's the Dane Cook of wrestling. Even peaked at same time period...

Love that the guy living in Dubai has the evil Middle Easterners stable.

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't have time to post pics, but...

I'm going to take Tyson Tomko and Rikishi.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I remember the first time I saw him do the Kennedy (Or Anderson in his first appearance) schtick on Velocity I loved it. Still loved it a few times after. Then he kept doing it and doing it while being boring in the ring. Not on my draft board at all, but I could see why someone would take him.

Santino I actually was considering. He rightfully gets dumped on for being one of the key figures (along with Hornswoggle) of bad Vince comedy from 2009-2013. But he was a really really entertaining heel in 2007/2008 and people forget how over and beloved he was at that time. Like seriously everyone loved heel Santino with the Honkameter, the relationship with Beth, and the goofy celebrations at the time.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Santino and Vladimir Kozlov were going to be my picks if Heath Slater or Justin Gabriel had gotten taken.

Now I'm thinking about Santino/Kozlov interacting with Totally Buff and kicking myself over making the wrong choice...

And Rikishi & Scotty 2 Hotty were high on my board for fourth team in four corners match

Staff member
Reaction score
Rikishi was specifically picked to give Drake Maverick a stink face in the midst of my hardcore battle royal.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
STUDZ said:
Santino I actually was considering. He rightfully gets dumped on for being one of the key figures (along with Hornswoggle) of bad Vince comedy from 2009-2013. But he was a really really entertaining heel in 2007/2008 and people forget how over and beloved he was at that time. Like seriously everyone loved heel Santino with the Honkameter, the relationship with Beth, and the goofy celebrations at the time.
I'm not going to hold Santino's penchant for doing bad Vince comedy against him. In spite of everything (aforementioned love of doing dumb comedy, being an objectively terrible worker), he was a really good guy to have filling out the undercard before his career ending injury. He had a type of charisma that draws in casual fans and really rallies crowd behind him that not too many guys have anymore. Kind of a throwback to an '80s/'90s midcard character in a sense./

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
If I did draft Santino, I might of finally let him do the original shooter gimmick he had in OVW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx4AZbPPdsI

lirl the voice he is using WE TRAIN LIKE REAL AMINAL

Bah gawd the Riddle of steel seguing into the Conan The Barbarian music. This gimmick would've ruled.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
For my two picks, I'm gonna first take a fun underrated babyface that I can use on my undercard. The other guy is an attraction that only appeared once on a Hustle card to run in to save Aja Kong. But, watch the vid and listen to this crowd reaction and see why it's hard not to draft him. He could be a great 911 type guy to run in to destroy an annoying heel.

a7f0ed19535c57a14dd284814fb6676bfc4d59ac_00.jpg

Human Tornado

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGWGXlx4qr8

Mirko Cro Cop

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
STUDZ said:
This gimmick would've ruled.
Santino did the last Bloodsport under his IRL name, Anthony Carrella and was a badass shoot fighter. So I think there's rumors if he comes back, it'll be as asskicking MMA guy so your dream isn't over.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It was a super bummer that TDT
(And their partner Buxx Belmar, who I'll spoiler tag even though I think me and Laz are only ones who have him on our radar)
had visa troubles and were banned from USA, just as they were starting to really break out on the indy scene here.

They had a very wacky match in Beyond with Da Hit Squad where Dan Maff put one of their heads through a wall. Shit. Da Hit Squad is still on the board....