Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

AEW in Fall 2022- Spreading lies and bullshit to the media.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I skipped last night and boy, you miss a little, miss a lot. I got to learn to stomach these long ass AEW shows. I didn't even have anything to do yesterday or today.

There was a weariness in Punk's voice (even by his already weary sounding standards) in that media scrum that kind of made me buy into the theory that he just dgaf (again even by his already low standards of giving an f) cause he knows his time as top guy in AEW is limited.

I feel like the Punk Vs Elite drama *shouldn't* be as hard to figure out as some imagine it to be. As I said, Punk isn't going to be around long term and The Elite truly need AEW than AEW needs them. Tony Khan needs to channel his disgraced former competitor and tell The Elite that they need to swallow some shit and like it or GTFO.

Last edited:

Fall of Epic

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Tony has stepped it up lately reprimanding people (Kingston suspension, getting rid of Fish for talking shit about the company, Thunder Rosa's "injury" that is rumored to actually be a suspension). It may not be popular but you can't be a pushover and gotta let people know who signs the checks. This is shades of WCW taking Scott Hall off TV when the nWo was still hot.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's hilarious seeing the different reactions at places based on the average age of people. On wreddit (average age at best early 20s and probably younger) CM Punk is the fucking devil and the pitchforks are out for him. On the few boards I look at aside from here (average age mid 30's or older) it's either a work or Punk is in the right.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah maybe 5-10 years ago this would be getting me worked/riled up or something but I'm in my early 40s and really I am indifferent here. Well maybe a little more intrigue than indifferent.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm intrigued by it because Punk was so clearly emotional. I'm not into shoots (or worked shoots if this ends up like that) but this was so raw.

The sheer chaos of all of this and the last couple of months in both companies (hell and NJPW with the Ibushi drama) has something that's been sorely missed in wrestling.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Saw a great point on twitter. Wwe is so entrenched in corporate bureaucracy that this kind of stuff is impossible there. Ricochet or anyone in his situation would never doing any politicking or anything like this because he knows he has no chance for upward mobility no matter what.

I mean it's good for wwe but bad for fans.

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
WWE has the bureaucracy but also (until recently) tyrannical leadership that generally wouldn’t tolerate wrestlers stepping out of line. And while that approach stifles creativity and creates other problems, it has certain benefits,

Staff member
Reaction score
It's hilarious seeing the different reactions at places based on the average age of people. On wreddit (average age at best early 20s and probably younger) CM Punk is the fucking devil and the pitchforks are out for him. On the few boards I look at aside from here (average age mid 30's or older) it's either a work or Punk is in the right.

When he brought up that Colt's mom had a lot of shared money with Colt I think that struck a nerve for some people. Fact is someone trying to hide their assets so they can sue you would set just about anyone off.

But I'm sure the fact that three people interjected themselves into his business, as he perceives it (IMO correctly even though he overreacted) anyway, is the much bigger deal

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Anyone who isn't able to empathize with (and especially anyone who makes fun of) Punk for being pissed as hell over Colt's financial abuse is a numbskull. Colt's lucky that he was able to keep getting a paycheck for as long as he did after they signed Punk.

You can't deny that the Elite brought a lot to the table in the inception of AEW but CM Punk built a mother hugging Michelin Star restaurant for the company. The Elite can either ride the wave or get off the boat and reset the clock back to 2018 and go work for Uncle Don in Impact.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
A lot of the IWC still thinks Bret Hart is needlessly whiny.

I'd like to see how those bitches react to a Bill Goldberg super kick to the head or nearly dying from a staph infection due to medical negligence (then being sued for it for talking about it on a podcast...then the podcast host not paying you back for lawyer fees).

I swear the amount of privilege and entitlement amongst a fanbase for one of the least cultured and pretentious forms of art---jfc.

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Staff member
Reaction score
A lot of the IWC still thinks Bret Hart is needlessly whiny.

I'd like to see how those bitches react to a Bill Goldberg super kick to the head or nearly dying from a staph infection due to medical negligence (then being sued for it for talking about it on a podcast...then the podcast host not paying you back for lawyer fees).

I swear the amount of privilege and entitlement amongst a fanbase for one of the least cultured and pretentious forms of art---jfc.
The kick almost certainly caused Bret to have a stroke too. In their world you can’t hold a grudge for that and just have to move on I guess. That shit ruined his whole life and he sees Goldberg getting that Saudi money shit that would set me off too

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The kick almost certainly caused Bret to have a stroke too. In their world you can’t hold a grudge for that and just have to move on I guess. That shit ruined his whole life and he sees Goldberg getting that Saudi money shit that would set me off too
Like to see how Useless Moron Scott Keith reacts to tearing his quad. Bet he wouldn’t handle it as well as our man Nash!

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
With reports of Punk and the Bucks getting into an altercation after what Punk said at the scrum, word is that Punk hit one of the Bucks. This is a huge moment for Tony. He had just set a precedent with Eddie. He suspended Eddie 2 weeks for pie facing someone. A punch wasn't thrown, and he got 2 weeks. If punches were thrown, even if they are your champions, something has to be done, and right away.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Finally, a payoff for that Johnny Lauranaitis thing from ten years back.

Staff member
Reaction score
Everyone listened to too many Reddit memes about how Punk can’t fight. Yeah he can’t fight against pros but he’ll beat the shit out of you lmao

Staff member
Reaction score
It’s tough to know without details. What if they both walked up to him and pushed him and he chinned them I mean we don’t know