Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

AEW in Fall 2022- Spreading lies and bullshit to the media.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
Assuming no suspension (or he doesn't quit) what reaction does Punk get on Wednesday? A mix? Booed out of the building?

Thing is, I think MJF was getting cheered in the feud anyway. And Punk is better as a heel. Heel "anti AEW" Punk would be so great. MJF would be the biggest face in wrestling if done right.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
punk is smart enough to turn this to his advantage and go full heel if the fans turn on him. they could turn this into a mr. mcmahon situation

Staff member
Reaction score
The fact is you can’t suspend anyone who would just turn around and quit so… TK is gonna have to bring everyone to tv and pick a side. The other side will leave, simple as that.

And if Punk walked FTR would walk too so like it’s not an easy decision.

Big Papa Paegan

L. A. Z.
Reaction score
Grown ass adults starting fistfights. Give me a break.
The majority of people I've met with this sort of attitude are the same ones who'd start something and then cower when the consequences arose. Sometimes a punch in the mouth is more meaningful than some HR kumbaya meeting.

That said, in this instance? Yeah. They all should've had cooler heads...

...but I'd be lying if I said that I don't fully welcome a wrestling locker room where people give enough of a fuck about their craft to actually get heated over it.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Punk and FTR (and who knows who else) are more valuable than the Bucks and Adam Page if that's all you'd lose. If Omega also walks it's a bit more balanced but I don't think he would.

At the end of the day it's in The Elite's best interest to work things out with Punk. He can take his ball and go home and not worry about it. They still have time on their contracts and have invested a lot of work in this company to leave. And if they do then what? Page or Omega would do ok in WWE under HHH probably but The Bucks? They can't talk and there's only so many tag teams for them to work anyway. Once they worked New Day and Usos what would they really have left to do? Omega probably doesn't want to work a WWE schedule either.

NJPW is an option theoretically but it pays less, it was the Elite that NJPW was mad at when AEW split off so it'd be more likely they'd value the relationship with TK over burnign that bridge, the Elite all made clear they were tired of spending so much time away from their families etc. AEW would still have a ton of guys (including Moxley who was the one who rebuilt the NJPW/AEW relationship) that NJPW would want to use.

Staff member
Reaction score
It also cracks me up that people actually want someone fired. It is in everyone’s(especially the fans) best interest to juggle this situation for as long as humanly possible. Punk is by far their biggest draw and the biggest draw they have is a Punk match with these guys.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The fact is you can’t suspend anyone who would just turn around and quit so… TK is gonna have to bring everyone to tv and pick a side. The other side will leave, simple as that.

And if Punk walked FTR would walk too so like it’s not an easy decision.
It's in everyone's best interest to do as our vanquished, disgraced wrestling God VKM once advised "Eat shit and like it." CWM pointed out reasons for The Elite but for Punk, this is the end of the line. I highly doubt he wants to end his career by walking out again. I don't think he will ever be able to find the life outside of wrestling that he wants if he's seen as a two time loser (again. that's the false perception not the reality. Complaining about nearly dying from a staph infection isn't loserdom to me!)

I think Tony Khan is in the catbird seat here. He's arguably got the deepest bench in wrestling. I hope he just sacks up and says "Look, you guys can say your apologies and shake hands and make us all a butt load of money or it can be next man up."

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
So do the actual Elite own their name or is it property of AEW/TK?

Staff member
Reaction score
It's in everyone's best interest to do as our vanquished, disgraced wrestling God VKM once advised "Eat shit and like it." CWM pointed out reasons for The Elite but for Punk, this is the end of the line. I highly doubt he wants to end his career by walking out again. I don't think he will ever be able to find the life outside of wrestling that he wants if he's seen as a two time loser (again. that's the false perception not the reality. Complaining about nearly dying from a staph infection isn't loserdom to me!)

I think Tony Khan is in the catbird seat here. He's arguably got the deepest bench in wrestling. I hope he just sacks up and says "Look, you guys can say your apologies and shake hands and make us all a butt load of money or it can be next man up."
The one thing I think nobody considered is they Punk probably told Tony how mad he was about this and Tony knew that before giving Punk a live mic. So he may have known exactly what was gonna happen already and picked a side because after all he just gave this guy the belt knowing damn well how mad he was? And we already know he has taken away control from the other guys so their relationship probably isn’t the best in the world.

After all Punk isn’t the kind of guy who would wait all the way until last night before expressing himself.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
yeah, Punk sounded like someone who has rehearsed those comments countless times in one on one or much smaller conversations. It didn't seem like a spontaneous burst IMO.

Gary

If You're Into It, I'm Out of It
Reaction score
I can’t stand Young Bucks, so if he punched one of them then it makes me like him more

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
I was just listening to a YouTube video from Sean Ross Sapp on the Fightful Patreon. He mentioned that there are rumors that Nick Jackson got knocked out, and Ace Steele bit Kenny Omega. He hasn't confirmed anything yet, so it's just a rumor right now. He also said that he wouldn't shoot down someone saying this is a work because he just doesn't know yet. Kenny has done interviews where he has said that he would like to do more stories that blur the lines of work and shoot because so many fans (feel like they) are in the know. If there wasn't a fight, per say, it's not out of the relm of possibility that this could be a work to get people talking, which it's doing a great job of doing. It's one of those situations where we just have to see how everything is handled and how the story plays out to find out even part of the truth.

The really big issue is that if this was to be a work, and only Punk, The Elite, and Tony knew, it could be bad. Tony has told the wrestlers that he'd never work the locker room, and that's exactly what this would be doing. Also, if none of this leaked out that it's a work, that's pretty amazing.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Colt should just quit. It's all over for him.

I just want TK to not fuck this up. He is an impossible person to take seriously as it is, let alone as an actual authority figure, so I hope this is his big coming out moment.

I know I hate them so this is going to sound biased but I think the company would be better long term without the Elite, so I pick my side.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
The Bucks feel like a relic of early AEW. It's honestly time for them to go no matter what.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Even in a hypothetical scenario where The Elite runs off and joins that rumored third promotion with Bray Wyatt, it’d feel closer to Impact than WWE and AEW IMO.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Hangman (and Colt honestly) also probably doesn't realize he's just fucked up the Dark Order as well. Everyone in that group was expendable before this, now they're practically worthless.

Unless we get the gimps back.

Staff member
Reaction score
Btw now I wonder if Hangman was deliberately buried after losing the title as a form of punishment for his stupid ass comment. And if so it would explain why his side is so touchy and whiny.