Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

AEW in Fall 2022- Spreading lies and bullshit to the media.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Lethal was signed because he had just become available, I think. Another one. Dude was the biggest name in ROH when they initially died. I wonder if he'd have been brought in when the rest of this ROH trash started.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Yeah, the positioning is 100% appropriate, but mostly I'm thinking about how important it was presented to have them on the roster. It was a huge move and Sonny was gonna be featured enough to take advantage of it and be a big deal only to get shunted down to Dark almost from the beginning. If they'd known that when they signed, they might not have.

I just want a union with Billy Gunn so Kiss Ass can happen tbh

I don't think Sonny ever had an issue. They were finishing up their degree at the time they were signed, for the first year + of the contract.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Total waste all over, then.

I just get exhausted by TK's whims that he eventually loses interest in and think a lot of these people deserve more if they're good enough to get that contract. Hiring people to just hire people is a waste of time and the best years of some people's careers. "There's only so much TV time" well hire people you intend on using on it instead loading up a backburner for when you have an outlet (that may or may not be used well, because things can happen).

Valeyard

Reaction score
What's the breakdown? I truly do wanna see what Britt Baker did.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
With Punk gone, and never coming back to AEW, they really should be using Bryan better. I get Bryan may not want to be "the guy" or win the belt. But, sometimes you gotta force someone to do something they don't want. After the ppv they really need to have Bryan be at a level similar to Punk was before the issues. No more Garcia level feuds for awhile. You need him at the top of the card in a major feud with a big time player who isn't Jericho.

It's also worth noting that the go-home show for MJF's big title reign did this number. Not saying it's his fault, but it's something to keep an eye on.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
to drop more than 100k from last week and what they've been doing is notable. Britt and Saraya are not interesting. Bryan working with Garcia has been a highlight of the tv but I'm ready for the JAS/BCC feud to end. The Elite coming back has me less interested in the product than in a long time and makes me less interested in the ppv build. I'm more interested in watching Eddie get to fight Akiyama and what random Japanese guys they bring in so I'm just off on the side.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
to drop more than 100k from last week and what they've been doing is notable. Britt and Saraya are not interesting. Bryan working with Garcia has been a highlight of the tv but I'm ready for the JAS/BCC feud to end. The Elite coming back has me less interested in the product than in a long time and makes me less interested in the ppv build. I'm more interested in watching Eddie get to fight Akiyama and what random Japanese guys they bring in so I'm just off on the side.

Everything was down in a big way last night. One week drop like this isn't a huge deal if it's across the board. They were still #4 on the night (up 2 spots from last week). It was just one of those weeks. If it stays that low or starts to go lower, then it's something to be alarmed by. But week to week isn't anything to get too crazy about. Both cable and broadcast had lower numbers than last week. This isn't the first time there's been a drop like this across the board. There was another one recently, a couple months back. No reason for the drop, but the next week the numbers across the board were up again.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It seems pretty alarming that it drops that much for a go home show. I know it's still a long way to go before pressing the panic button but for it drop that much, four days before the PPV…IMO, it kind of tells me fans aren't picking up what Tony Khan and co. are putting down.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
There's a reason the executives don't look at the week to week under a microscope. It'll teach about trends, but the year-to-year numbers are much to important. Of course seeing a number like that is incredibly jarring, but if there circumstances for it, it's not as big a deal as it could be if say, there's a month of 800,000 viewers and .25-.28 demos. If they're back to mid 900,000s next week, this will just be a blip.

Valeyard

Reaction score
The rating dropping on a go-home show is a bad thing. Barring, like, major real sports or Olymics or something there isn't a good way to spin it. That's a bad thing. Let them take the L because the booking is erratic and the bad is just bad. A go-home show, on a pretty dead Wednesday, when you've been building up a new ace in MJF and force-feeding ROH to an audience who doesn't care is a BAD thing and not a blip.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
The rating dropping on a go-home show is a bad thing. Barring, like, major real sports or Olymics or something there isn't a good way to spin it. That's a bad thing. Let them take the L because the booking is erratic and the bad is just bad. A go-home show, on a pretty dead Wednesday, when you've been building up a new ace in MJF and force-feeding ROH to an audience who doesn't care is a BAD thing and not a blip.

The main event segment did rise a "fair amount" (per Bryan Alvarez, I've yet to see the quarters), so there is still interest in the main event. The show was a solid show, but as a go home show didn't do a ton to build to the PPV. There were a few promos and post match happenings, with the only match to build to the show was the opening tag match. I really hope once the PPV is over that things are back to where Tony had originally planned and it doesn't feel as scattershot.

Fall of Epic

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I'm gonna run back the discussion on the Punk/Cabana/AEW saga. My take is this: did Punk flat out go to TK and tell him "him or me"? No. Do I think TK saw that he had the biggest draw in the company's history at his fingertips and wanted to do everything he possibly could to make him happy, including getting rid of those he had heat with? I can see that.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
I'm gonna run back the discussion on the Punk/Cabana/AEW saga. My take is this: did Punk flat out go to TK and tell him "him or me"? No. Do I think TK saw that he had the biggest draw in the company's history at his fingertips and wanted to do everything he possibly could to make him happy, including getting rid of those he had heat with? I can see that.

This seems to be the most probable scenario than anything else. When Colt's contract was coming up, he might have asked Punk about it, but you're probably close to how it went down.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Punk's a dickhead and egomaniac but I don't see him being the type of dickhead egomaniac to pull the "him or me" card.

In spite of everything that's went down in the past three months, I still think what the locker room thinks of him is more important than any personal beef he has with anyone in said locker room.

Fall of Epic

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I was just reading the latest dirtsheet info on the situation which prompted my post. We'll probably never know the true story but wanted to throw my two cents out there.

And I agree that he shouldn't return if the locker room isn't fond of him. Yeah, he's a huge draw and business is really what should matter in the end but being a locker room parasite will harm the company more in the long-term.

Valeyard

Reaction score
The main event segment did rise a "fair amount" (per Bryan Alvarez, I've yet to see the quarters), so there is still interest in the main event. The show was a solid show, but as a go home show didn't do a ton to build to the PPV. There were a few promos and post match happenings, with the only match to build to the show was the opening tag match. I really hope once the PPV is over that things are back to where Tony had originally planned and it doesn't feel as scattershot.

"A fair amount" is both very vague and very misleading considering what the actual rating is. I'd be interested in seeing a breakdown but ultimately unless 700k people tuned in for the final segment it doesn't mean much as a go-home show. It reflects badly on a lot of big things TK and company have not addressed, or what they have addressed they seem to double-down on.

The past few months have been everything negative about TK all coming out at the same time. Everything people complain about has manifested all at once, and it feels like a mess of a show with either holding patterns (BCC/JAS) or total missteps (ROH, Saraya, etc). The former shouldn't even be happening and hasn't been compelling since the actual blowoff months ago, and is seriously hurting everyone. People that the audience wants to watch, like actually want to see and root for and have followed for their whole career, are just stuck in an endless cycle where nothing happens. It really is like EWR where he thinks he can just put over guys in segments together and since the game says they're over the segments are successful.

He's had FOREVER to find a rhythm post-Punk but hasn't, he's put forth minimal effort to, and I 100% promise you that he's taken criticism personally and it's hurt his ability as a booker.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Bring Punk back but only to replace sock face. People say they miss a Ventura type announcer, well here’s a good commentator that hates the top acts in the company.

It’s right there for you TK.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Takeshita and Bandido should be rocketed to the top quickfast. I don't care how. Power Trip them.

Fall of Epic

Epic Reine
Reaction score

Wtf how come no one told me Penta and Fenix have their own shoe line?