Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

AEW in June 2024: For a door that’s forbidden, they sure do open it a lot.

Staff member
Reaction score

Goddamn this one is even harder to watch. I can't even finish it.

Staff member
Reaction score
It also hits differently for me because I met Bret, and I was with my brother and was telling Bret about how we would play wrestle, and Bret instantly brought up Owen to me and brought back so many memories I had in my head to the point it was hard to finish the conversation I had with Bret. I didn't want to bring up Owen to Bret but it just came up and we talked about Owen for a while. I really felt a strong personal connection there.

I don't know what it would be like to think about that shit ALL DAY but I can tell that Bret and Jarrett both have to think about it all day. And you know that some old douchebag killed your brother/best friend, and you can't do anything about it.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score

When is this happening? I feel like Jarret would be the obvious choice to win based on his connection to Owen but I can see why they’d want to put over some new guy. But I’d rather see Jarret, who actually knew Owen, cut a heartfelt promo about him to end it all after winning. Then again maybe a new guy can get the rub because this is a big deal so I don’t know. I’m just glad Owen is getting the tribute he deserves.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score

I just watched the whole thing.

Idk if you’d call this a promo, but if you did this is one of the best ones I’ve ever seen. Truly old school; absolutely genuine and a decent length so that this guy can get all his feelings across. It didn’t even feel like ten minutes.

Nowadays most promos are overly scripted and lag when they go longer than two minutes. This was heartfelt and engaging from start to finish. This is what pro wrestling is about.

JHawk

Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
Reaction score
If Jarrett doesn't at least make the finals then WTF are we even doing?

Epic for the Summer

Epic Reine
Reaction score
The IWC was all like "wtf why is Jarrett in this?" And they did that whole piece to explain to the dolts why he's in the tournament and his connection to Owen. He was never meant to advance, just to shut up the Twitter dorks who wondered why he was even there in the first place.

I respect AEW for gauging fan reaction across multiple channels but sometimes you gotten let the bozos with 3 whole followers scream alone in their parent's basement.

Staff member
Reaction score
Nah, Jeff did the interview weeks ago and they only aired it Saturday. The point is to bring Hangman back as a super heel to face Swerve again at Wembley. They have the right idea here I think.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
Ricochet's contract expired today. He is now free to appear on AEW as soon as Wednesday.

Epic for the Summer

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I know they did a good job of getting Jarrett over as a sympathetic babyface for this tournament but didn't expect Hangman to play such a straight heel.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
god damn taht blade job from garcia and daddy magic. MJF is best as a heel. When MJF tossed that trash can at the crowd I loled.

Staff member
Reaction score
I know they did a good job of getting Jarrett over as a sympathetic babyface for this tournament but didn't expect Hangman to play such a straight heel.
Did you watch anything that happened before he left? The dude was acting like a psychopath for months.

Gary

If You're Into It, I'm Out of It
Reaction score
That Britt Baker promo was a burial (all of hers are), but Goddamn Mercedes was really bad when she cut hers. Felt way too scripted and unprepared. This feud is not going to do her any favors.