Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Boxing Thread

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
Great fight, I scored it for Usyk. I thought while there were some close rounds, the Usyk rounds were way bigger so in a close fight like that I don't mind him getting the nod.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
Okay, I fully expect to look stupid with this one because most of my brain likes Davis, and I’m admittedly very biased since Garcia is my favourite boxer in a long time. But, here’s why I think Garcia will pull off the upset tomorrow:

- people keep bringing up the Luke Campbell fight, Ryan was 22 at the time. Tank wasn’t fighting comp like that at that age, which brings me to another point; Tank is 29 and been fighting for a decade, and this is his biggest fight. It’s not even against a proven world title kinda guy. Historically, great boxers don’t start fighting in their teens and get their big shots at 29. Usually guys that start that early get their shot way younger. Also, to develop your game to a certain point you need to have those fights at a certain point in your career. I don’t know, there is just something off about that to me.

- the size difference. Ryan will clearly be the bigger man and much taller with more reach.

- people keep saying the left hook is all Ryan has, but Tank has been hit by a hard left hook in a lot of his fights by guys not nearly as good as Ryan. He’s saying he is tightening up his defence for this camp but he’s not really a great defensive fighter. Ryan isn’t either though which is why I expect to look stupid since Tank has more weapons BUT Ryan actually seems to be developing and looking better every time out which makes me think he has the right stuff, the classic boxing success story. I think he’ll look better than ever tomorrow so there you go.

Staff member
Reaction score
Ryan is gonna get ktfo bigly. Tank didn’t have big fights because people saw what he did to Santa Cruz (a very big fight) and Pedraza and didn’t want to get in there with him.

Davis knocks out 140 pounders who go the distance with welterweights. Garcias brain is getting turned off here.

Staff member
Reaction score
John Ryder one of the toughest MFs I've seen in my life. Makes everyone who goes down and doesn't get up look like a bitch.

Staff member
Reaction score
That was literally the worst stoppage in the history of the sport

Staff member
Reaction score
Context? I want to start comparing it to Ad Wolgast or something.

I time stamped the last round or so, but for further context guy in orange shorts was losing the fight and had been knocked down.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I can't believe how many people are saying this is a "robbery" or a "travesty." People are saying they are "done with boxing after last night" (yeah, okay), which, LMAO. Look, it was a close fight, I thought Loma won, but I wouldn't have been surprised if Haney took it and he did. People just become too attached to who they want to win a fight and create a subconscious bias in their heads before the fight even starts. Then, when the fight is close, they automatically assume that whoever they watched closely and were rooting for won.

TL;DR, this wasn't a bad decision and fans are stupid

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah I thought Haney won 115-113. And I really didn’t want him to win. These people are crying robbery over people scoring one or two close rounds differently. It’s ridiculous.

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score

I time stamped the last round or so, but for further context guy in orange shorts was losing the fight and had been knocked down.
Watching a couple of times, thinking maybe if the boxer was caught in the ropes it justified it. Probably not the worst I’ve seen but that’s rough.

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok so he fought Canelo instead, BUT

I'm going to the Donaire fight in Vegas next weekend. I had a chance to see him fight Montiel years ago and I didn’t take it, so now I’ll see him.

Last edited:

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
Huge robbery but the post fight stuff with Shakur and George and then bradley and his rant and then
“Why doesn’t this happen in mma?”
“It does”
Lmfao

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Huge robbery but the post fight stuff with Shakur and George and then bradley and his rant and then
“Why doesn’t this happen in mma?”
“It does”
Lmfao
Hot take: I didn't think it was a robbery, but then again, I wasn't particularly enamored with the fight, so I'm not sure if it was a fair judgment.

Staff member
Reaction score
I had it 116-112 Hughes but apparently Kambosos landed more power punches. Regardless I don’t get mad when fighters who fight like that lose. They each didn’t land many punches.