Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Classic Rock Songs that just fuckin' suck

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Like, were there songs outside of "Can't Stop Loving You"?

I guess it also had that awful song where EVH did vocals.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
That lame song about Kurt Cobain’s suicide, (“Don’t Tell Me What Love Can Do” I think?). Like I know Hagar had a tough upbringing but he seems like one of the last people I’d want writing a song about depression.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
“Humans Being” was Twister soundtrack exclusive. Also third to last Van Hagar song before the last two on that VH compilation that came out in ‘04ish.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
What became of the kids on the cover?

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
How much power does Jonathan Cain wield in Journey, @BUTT ? It seems weird that he would have more sway than the one original member of Journey.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The rock yearbook evolved into a 70s classic rock (that doesn't fucking suck) countdown. I'll also have some punk and early new wave on there, too. I'll explain more in a separate post, but I hope to do release about 40 a week (2 posts of 20) until it's done.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It’s fun to see Ginger Baker having a normal cheerful boomer artist Facebook page given how notorious of a grumpy, nihilistic asshole he was when he was alive. You know it’s bad when Eric Clapton is not even the biggest asshole in the band.

Valeyard

Reaction score
"Bad Medicine" is a better KISS song than KISS ever did, and I hate me some Bon Jovi.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
At least, Bon Jovi is smart enough to realize that people want to see them back with their original lead guitarist.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I still don’t get how if Neal Schon is a megalomaniacal control freak, how he hasn’t had everyone else thrown out of the band.

At least he got a reunion with Gregg Rolie. The wife beating drummer sounds more like Steve Perry than Arnel at this point.

Him saying “Hi. This is Neal Schon. I’m fucking your wife.” to his current wife’s ex husband is also comedy gold.

Valeyard

Reaction score
I don't know how I feel about Weezer anymore. Thank got they disbanded in after Make Believe came out and haven't done anything since, though.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Man your band is the most gender specific name there is.

I hate Mike Love's guts.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Ironically people are into it when he plays an hour of it in Wall form.