Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Commercials we hate

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score

Big Papa Paegan

L. A. Z.
Reaction score
The JG Wentworth one is one that I used to loathe but have since come to love solely because Gwar ended up playing it the last time I saw them.

I absolutely despise every single Progressive Insurance commercial featuring Flo. Her face hurts my eyes, her voice hurts my ears, and the fact that the proliferation of Progressive commercials has exploded in the past year hurts my soul. The only one I can tolerate is the one where she's sleeping and her dreams turn from car insurance to randomness, and that's only because the closing line of "justice" reminds me of that video where the kid dresses like Batman and demands justice for dinner (but then gleefully eats scrambled eggs).

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I hate the stupid ass 4G commercials.

"Did you hear blah blah blah is retiring?"

"That's so 12 seconds ago."

"Thanks for the gift basket!"

I don't care if your phone is faster, does it make you move at light speed too!? How did you get him a gift basket in 12 seconds?

2GOLD

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I rather enjoyed Axe implying that spraying chocolate on you would make women into flesh raged cannibals that will rip off your limbs and eat them as you die a slow agonizing death from the blood pouring from your open wounds. See Old Spice come up with that shit? No, you just sleep good. Axe promises you women will want to devour you for your sex appeal and power!

Big Papa Paegan

L. A. Z.
Reaction score
Cowboy hats are fucking stupid if you're trying to say "I'm a good lawyer who will win your case for you" but brilliant if you're trying to say "I'll just shoot the fucking judge until he says you win."

LPM

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Local commercials are almost supposed to be bad. They get a pass from me.

The one I hate right now is a Corona commercial with the snowboarder.

"You know what my favorite run of the day is?"
"The last one?"

Then she smiles and has a Corona. If your favorite part of snowboarding is to stop snowboarding and start drinking, maybe you should just drink.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
LPM said:

"The last one?"

Then she smiles and has a Corona. If your favorite part of snowboarding is to stop snowboarding and start drinking, maybe you should just drink.

I was thinking the same thing, for both points. But for the Corona one, I actually said something similar to a friend the other day.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
LPM said:

"The last one?"

Well they're obviously on vacation somewhere at a ski resort. If you wanted to sit on the beach and drink Corona why didn't you take your vacation to a beach?

Mattdotcom

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Who in their right mind would drink a Corona in the first place

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
Superintendent God-Botherer said:
The JG Wentworth one is one that I used to loathe but have since come to love solely because Gwar ended up playing it the last time I saw them.

I absolutely despise every single Progressive Insurance commercial featuring Flo. Her face hurts my eyes, her voice hurts my ears, and the fact that the proliferation of Progressive commercials has exploded in the past year hurts my soul. The only one I can tolerate is the one where she's sleeping and her dreams turn from car insurance to randomness, and that's only because the closing line of "justice" reminds me of that video where the kid dresses like Batman and demands justice for dinner (but then gleefully eats scrambled eggs).

It amazes me that they somehow managed to find someone worse than Kenny fucking Mayne to do their commercials, but somehow Flo finds a way.

2GOLD

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Detective Ventriloquist said:
KingPK said:
All the Dominos commercials that have the CEO and workers admitting their food and service sucks.

At least he's right.

Improved pizza..and by improved we mean we just added spices to the crust and made them smaller.

As for commercial I hated, those Best Buy Christmas commercials with the arrogant bitch who bought a lot of stuff and threw it in Santa's face. I so wanted Santa to push that bitch off the roof and take a dump on the shit she bought before tossing a wooden train on her corpse.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
KingPK said:
All the Dominos commercials that have the CEO and workers admitting their food and service sucks.
I sort of like the cheesy bread one as unintentional comedy. I don't know why but when the main chef admits their cheesy bread sucked, the facial expression of the other chef that reads like someone took a dump on his shoe makes me giggle. And the way that the main chef totally undercuts him when he says "You can jump rope with our cheese!" by responding "Yeah or you could eat it!" I like to imagine main chef slapping junior chef in the back of the head and calling him a homosexual whenever the camera stopped rolling.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Those Best Buy ones were horrible.

Staying on Christmas, any commercial where they have some asshole buy a Lexis for their loved ones pissed me off. "Yeah, in this time of economic downturn, we don't care about you unless you are rich, and if you are rich then buy your husband/wife a car. Fuck everyone else!"

And I don't mind the Progressive ones. I kind of like Flo. And the ones with the 4G network, the only part I like is the "Oh,FACECAKE!" I want a damn facecake!

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The Lexis ones drive me insane because of the way they work that stupid jingle into them and the person looks so shocked. I wouldn't recognize the damn jingle if you played it for me. I hate all diamond commercials too.