Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Commercials we hate

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
Those advertisements with the truck snowboarding down a mountain. You're selling a truck by showing it doing something it CAN'T EVEN FUCKING DO.

CanadianGuitarist

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I wish I had seen this thread earlier, because I could chime in on every single fucking post to this point. But there's so many examples, I'm not sure I'd be adding anything. Carry on, gentlemen.

EDIT: Venk (who came up huge with the acne one) might have seen me bitching about this on Facebook a few weeks ago. Nonetheless, here it is:
HEADON! Apply directly to the forehead!

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
alkeiper said:
Those advertisements with the truck snowboarding down a mountain. You're selling a truck by showing it doing something it CAN'T EVEN FUCKING DO.

Agreed, it says in the disclaimer "The truck cannot do this."

then...I don't get the point of the commercial one bit. It's simply a waste of time in the end.

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
Ok. This Cherrios commercial with six people sitting at a restaurant table is getting seriously irritating.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
I made it, though my brain is pretty much mush right now. This is what it sounded like as I went along:
1st hour: Head on, apply directly to the forehead.
2nd hour: Head on! Applied a wreckly to the floorhead.
3rd hour: Hehdon, a pledge of rat leeches the floor heh.
4th hour: Kill the non believers and do my bidding.

Zetterberg is God

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It was a sad day when CTV started simulcasting NFL playoff games up here. Five dollar footlong commercial every five goddamn minutes and bumpers for American shows they claim are "CTV's." Fucking awful.

LPM

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Zetterberg is Go said:
It was a sad day when CTV started simulcasting NFL playoff games up here. Five dollar footlong commercial every five goddamn minutes and bumpers for American shows they claim are "CTV's." Fucking awful.

Five.

Five dollar.

Five dollar foot looooooooooong.

The endless ads for crappy tv shows that are repeated over and over and over are terrible. I'm not even sure how some of those are supposed to get someone to watch. There's one that's a 10 second clip of some girl saying "What if everything you wanted isn't enough" or such. What is that show even about??

TheSSNintendo

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I didn't care for those Tanqueray (not sure if I spelled it right) liquor commercials.. Only because the guy had an annoying laugh at the end.

Kahran Ramsus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Just saw it while watching RAW, but I really hate the Visa commercial with the dumbasses complaining about an 'old dolphin' (which is clearly a manatee). I'm not sure how that commercial would convince anybody to get a Visa card.

CanadianGuitarist

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Kahran Ramsus said:
Just saw it while watching RAW, but I really hate the Visa commercial with the dumbasses complaining about an 'old dolphin' (which is clearly a manatee). I'm not sure how that commercial would convince anybody to get a Visa card.

Yes. I mean, come on.

Precious Roy

hashtag trashbag
Reaction score
Smues said:
I made it, though my brain is pretty much mush right now. This is what it sounded like as I went along:
1st hour: Head on, apply directly to the forehead.
2nd hour: Head on! Applied a wreckly to the floorhead.
3rd hour: Hehdon, a pledge of rat leeches the floor heh.
4th hour: Kill the non believers and do my bidding.

After about 3 minutes of ULTIMATE MEGA CHAMPION NO WAY I was rocking back and forth in the corner

2GOLD

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The couple in the discount double check ad who just seem to be hanging out at a fucking insurance office need to be killed for the good of humanity.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
The commercial with Alonzo Bodden doing Stoke Awareness standup is starting to irritate me. Stroke No Joke.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
uSell's Latest Commercial, Featuring Bobby "The Auctioneer"

If you're in charge of any kind of company what so ever...how do you think it's a good idea to let this douchy spaz do your commercial?

'Lectric Shave

I watch a lot of Sportscenter, and they show the bejesus out of this damn Lectric Shave commercial. If this "drill sergeant" is barking orders to his facial hair. Sounds to me like he's suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder and is likely to find himself waking up along side of his wife giving her a sleep-walking choke hold... And I don't think that the whiskers would be that excited to be severed by a razor blade.

CanadianGuitarist

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Kahran Ramsus said:
I hate those annoying Boston Pizza chicken wing commercials. I keep hoping that food critic chokes to death on those fucking wings.

People think that's real. I know fucking people who think the guy, the society, and the terminology he uses are real!

CanadianGuitarist

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Youth N Asia said:
Red Baron said:

indeed. When you actually look into these sites and see how big of a scam they are it's even more annoying

Took the words right out of my mouth. It's not the commercials themselves that annoy me, but it re-enlightens me to how stupid people are as a whole. Similarly, and I remember bitching about this at TOTSM - Diamond Shreddies. Here's a not great example: Diamond or Square Shreddies?

I remember people seeing this when the commercials started in 2008, and subsequently saying "Well, I'll never buy Shreddies again! How stupid do they think we are! They're obviously the same! I won't support a company that thinks so low of its customers!". Guhhhhhhh.