Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Commercials we hate

Richard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
How about that smartphone commercial with that annoying Asian chick that NBC Sports network rams down our throat?

Richard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Since many radio stations in the San Diego area are transmitted from across the border, we get a whole bunch of poorly acted English-language PSAs by the Mexican government. This is a pretty recent development, possibly due to the drug war and/or the upcoming election. To their credit, the scripts do appear to have been written and read by competent English speakers.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
I didn't mind it at first, and actually thought it was cute. But it played at every commercial break during the Rangers/Caps game yesterday and it became so unwatchable.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Aero said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOvnIK6jex0#ws

This one has seemingly become unavoidable. During the draft coverage this weekend, I'm pretty sure it was played every break.

So, someone decided that this version wasn't good enough, and that people can't read, so they redubbed the commercial and you can now understand what they are saying.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Don't know if the hate thread is the right thread but there was either love or hate, no thread of commercials of indifference or surprise but I'm watching after midnight Louie re-runs on FX and they just showed a penis pump commercial. Definitely a new one. Still less embarrassing than the non-stop Charlie Sheen Anger Management promos.

Haws Bah Gawd

TRTSM's Color Commentator
Reaction score
That 4Genie commercial is deplorable. I don't get it. Is the 4Genie just supposed to be "just one of the girls (and an overly black caricature)"? A bad gay stereotype? What's the audience they're shooting for?

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Nymyzys said:
That 4Genie commercial is deplorable. I don't get it. Is the 4Genie just supposed to be "just one of the girls (and an overly black caricature)"? A bad gay stereotype? What's the audience they're shooting for?

All I took from it was that once you get a G4 phone you treat your friend like shit.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
I see the retailer ads that portray their customers as morons or psychos have begun early with WalMart's layaway ads.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh that fucking commercial. It plays ALL the time before videos on Blip.TV. It even tries to get you to click your choice. I click AT&T just to be a dick, fuck you Verizon commercial.

DrVenkman PhD

You don't know me and you don't have to know me
Reaction score
The Google Chrome ad about the dead mother is quite the depressing way to get people to download a free web browser they should already know about (and if they don't. they'll never change - old people stick with IE forever).

Mattdotcom

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The NFL Mobile commercials where a pathetic wretch starts watching football and improves their physical appearance as they watch more football until they inexplicably run afoul of a star player in public are gaining in number and pose more of a threat than ever