Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Commercials we hate

Haws Bah Gawd

TRTSM's Color Commentator
Reaction score
Fuck "theh Hoppuh"

DISH Commercial - The Hopper: Boston :)30)

Not necessarily a commercial, but for as much as I enjoy "World's Dumbest..." on TruTV, I HATE their promos for their other "reality" series. Every single one of them ends with someone who got the shit kicked out of them WAY too much in grade school, standing there with their head tilted to the side, and their arms crossed like they're some kind of omega badass. Operation Repo, South Beach Tow, Hardcore Pawn, "Random guy bids on storage buildings", all of them strike the same pose.

CanadianGuitarist

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Any of the Canadians here see the new Grey Power? Guhhhhhh. I can't find it online, but here's the gist:

A guy is surrounded by his family at the dinner table on his 50th birthday. He receives a cordless drill and gives his kids a "yeah, thanks" and eyeroll. He pushes it away to take a gift from his wife: A new term of insurance from Grey Power! Which he loves!

First, what a dick move to not appreciate ANY gift from your kids. Second, who the fuck wouldn't want a cordless drill!? Third, insurance is a fine gift, but no person ever has actually wanted or asked for it. Christ.

Haws Bah Gawd

Reaction score
I'd happily accept a drill. Even if not for practical use, who hasn't wanted to just drill holes in random shit?

Sex Machine Gun

Kotzenjunge
Reaction score
I noted the arm-folding trend in television a long time ago. BACK OFF MAN I DRIVE A TOW TRUCK/WORK IN A PAWN SHOP/REPO SHIT/BUY STORAGE UNITS/RESTORE STUFF/ETC

MFer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There was a time last year when I got hooked on those TruTV shows. I don't know what happened.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
That Pepsi ad with Drew Brees and One Direction seems like the most random celebrity pairing ever. "We need a famous athlete and a band.". "Well, I represent one of each and will cut you a deal.". "Sold!"

DrVenkman PhD

You don't know me and you don't have to know me
Reaction score
The comments section for that ad - complete with responses from the foundation that made it - is ripe for garbage picking too.

Haws Bah Gawd

Reaction score
Wouldn't say I necessarily hate it, but Mark Cuban is now endorsing Sketchers and Diet Mt. Dew. Seems strange.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
KingPK said:
That Pepsi ad with Drew Brees and One Direction seems like the most random celebrity pairing ever. "We need a famous athlete and a band.". "Well, I represent one of each and will cut you a deal.". "Sold!"

The oddest thing in that is when Bree's summons his fans, there isn't one readily visible Saints fan. Everyone yelling for him is a fan of other teams.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQR8rj2BO-8

Wow. Six months accident free. Way to go, you little cunt.

Sex Machine Gun

Kotzenjunge
Reaction score
Xarelto. It annoys me so much that I actually remember what goddamn pill it was for, amazing considering they all blend together for me. Anyway, this guy is driving along, and his navigator tells him to make a right turn. He says "not today!" to show how his new life has given him confidence or whateverthefuck. WHY DID YOU PROGRAM THE MOTHERFUCKER IF YOU WEREN'T GOING TO LISTEN TO IT NOW YOU'RE GOING TO GET LOST DUMBASS

Mattdotcom

Integral Poster
Reaction score
If it wasn't for Burger King being Burger King, their new series of quote-unquote "zany" commercials would drive me away. The guy playing the manager is insufferable.

Also, no idea why International Delight Iced Coffee decided they needed an annoying, frumpy woman to push their shit, but it hardly worked when she was going into a nightclub and they asked for her ID. Now she needs to show her ID to rent a horse?

Haws Bah Gawd

Reaction score
The 12 year old in me can't help but chuckle at the K-Mart "I just shipped my pants" commercials. Ah, I'm sad.......

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Inspector Gadget (First season only) said:
If it wasn't for Burger King being Burger King, their new series of quote-unquote "zany" commercials would drive me away. The guy playing the manager is insufferable.

Agreed. I already posted the Steven Tyler one. The Whooper Jr $1.29 is annoying... so what you're saying, and boasting about is that Whopper Jrs are no longer 99 cents?

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
I kind of like those AT&T commercials. They don't get me interested in get an AT&T phone, so they're not really doing their job, but they kind of amuse me. They aren't Geiko level of fun, but not the worst commercials on TV either.

Haws Bah Gawd

Reaction score
FUCK this Scion autotuned bullshit commercial!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjf714B0Ob4

Looks like they saw the Vincent Pastore "Brocolli Wad" commercial and decided to copy the tune and hoped no one would notice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh0UvrR8UM4

starvenger

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The Pepsi Challenge ads. They were fine back when they showed the people on the street choosing Pepsi and being "surprised" that they did so. (in quotes because I don't believe that people cannot distinguish between Coke and Pepsi).

Now... they've gone completely over the top, in a way that makes me think they're overcompensating for lack of market share.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
I've finally found a new commercial to hate/mute... that Geico "Hump Day" one with the camel. That voice gets grating immediately.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah those AT&T "It's Not Complicated" commercials were cut at first but now they are just... annoying.

Reaction score
The ATT ones are great and don't talk shit about my girl Kaley Cuoco!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

CanadianGuitarist

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Speaking of Progressive:
http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7kJi/progressive-mirror-talk

WHY DOES SHE SAY "OH" SO MANY FUCKING TIMES!?