Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Commercials we hate

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
CanadianGuitarist said:
Youth N Asia said:
Red Baron said:

indeed. When you actually look into these sites and see how big of a scam they are it's even more annoying

Took the words right out of my mouth. It's not the commercials themselves that annoy me, but it re-enlightens me to how stupid people are as a whole. Similarly, and I remember bitching about this at TOTSM - Diamond Shreddies. Here's a not great example: Diamond or Square Shreddies?

I remember people seeing this when the commercials started in 2008, and subsequently saying "Well, I'll never buy Shreddies again! How stupid do they think we are! They're obviously the same! I won't support a company that thinks so low of its customers!". Guhhhhhhh.

Not all these sites are scams, though. About a year ago I won a $50 Macy's gift card off of one of these sites for $4 plus $2 shipping and handling. I also know SkoreIt.com, which ESPN has commercials for, isn't a scam. It's actually a Better Business Bureau accredited site.

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
The girlfriend joined one of those sites. $70 later, we have a shitty Wiimote battery charger that she bought just to have something to show for it. I'm handling the finances once we get married.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Shit I gave Restaurants.com 16 bucks and they sent me two $100 gift certificates to a local sushi place. The only caveat is you have to have a bill minimum $200 to use it. So we used it on my mom's birthday and fed 7 people on it.

Totally legit, still have one to use.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
Dumb Ass Totinos Pizza Rolls Commercial

I see this stupid ad all the time when trying to watch something on blip tv. I think the message of the commercial is fucking retards eat Totinos pizza rolls. Since I eat Totinos pizza rolls that doesn't make me feel very good. I also like how they leave the phone in the freezer.

DrVenkman PhD

You don't know me and you don't have to know me
Reaction score
I feel like I should throw Russell Oliver's "Cash Man / Loan Arranger / Etc." commercials here, but I kind of like them.

CanadianGuitarist

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I don't hate it as much as anything else I've posted, but the most recent KD commercial: "It's my KD" "Well, it's my milk!" "Well, it's my butter" "Well, it's my bowl!". Share the fucking KD. There's a whole pot on the stove!

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Anybody remember that AT&T commercial from a few years back with the girl talking about meeting a guy in a bar and giving him her number. Then she goes on about how she was blown away he put her number in his phone and thought right then that it wouldn't work because he was coming on too strong or was moving too fast or something. She was like "Whoa....I just met you and you're already putting me in your phone?" Like what the hell else are you supposed to do? Write the number on a napkin? That's what a cell phone is for you waste of space.

pinnacle2.0

Martyr
Reaction score
I hate the Doritos commercial where the guy sucks the other guy's finger, then rips off another guy's pants so he can stick his face in them and smell them.

Mattdotcom

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Damaramu said:
Anybody remember that AT&T commercial from a few years back with the girl talking about meeting a guy in a bar and giving him her number. Then she goes on about how she was blown away he put her number in his phone and thought right then that it wouldn't work because he was coming on too strong or was moving too fast or something. She was like "Whoa....I just met you and you're already putting me in your phone?" Like what the hell else are you supposed to do? Write the number on a napkin? That's what a cell phone is for you waste of space.

You seem to regard this commercial as a documentary.

2GOLD

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Go Daddy commercials. Late night phone sex chat commercials from the past have hotter women now. Just end them or find a new approach.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Hashtag Poundtown said:
Damaramu said:

You seem to regard this commercial as a documentary.

It's a dumb premise.

Sex Machine Gun

Kotzenjunge
Reaction score
Wheeeeeeeeeewheewheewheewheeeeeeeeeeeeewheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

Besides suffering animals, that pig kills me. You know, Dama's flashback made me think of something neat: how cell phone/provider commercials are probably among the ones who age quickest. I'll bet something from 2002 looks quaint now.

MFer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
These new Geico ads where the person taste-tests the "Geico" and "Other" drinks are dumb as hell.

Richard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Those fucking kids "singing" the opening riff of Crazy Train. I want that fucking car to to flip over and kill everyone inside and then I want the ghost of Randy Rhodes to brutally sodomize their ghosts....or something.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
They play one of those 'so 32 seconds ago' add during Braves radio broadcasts. It's insufferable. I keep waiting for them to add a few lines. 'Did you hear' ''blew through my whole data cap two days into the month? That is so 27 seconds ago'

CanadianGuitarist

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Kotzenjunge said:
Wheeeeeeeeeewheewheewheewheeeeeeeeeeeeewheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

Besides suffering animals, that pig kills me.

I hated this, but it lessened.* My aunt and uncle LOVE that fucking pig, so the commercial reminds me of them, and that cooled the fire a little.*

*That is, until I heard it as somebody's FUCKING RINGTONE at work a few weeks ago.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
I like that Geico commercail. Mainly the first one they had about the little piggy saying wee all the way home. I think if I heard it as a ringtone, though, I might go on a killing spree.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Richard said:
Those fucking kids "singing" the opening riff of Crazy Train. I want that fucking car to to flip over and kill everyone inside and then I want the ghost of Randy Rhodes to brutally sodomize their ghosts....or something.

This is the only commercial I literally have to mute lest I go into a homicidal rage. The other commercials I can endure even as background noise but the above one... ugh.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
I couldn't find it on YouTube, but there's this Bayer commercial that really bothers me ever time I see it. Some guy's an airplane grimacing from his headache when the flight attendant brings him a little cup with two Bayer in it. He turns to her and explains, along with miming gestures (I'm guessing because the woman's Asian) "No, I'm not having a heart attack, I just have a headache." She then reassures him that Bayer also works for headaches. What is that? Who reacts to aspirin like that? Does Bayer think that just because they've told us that taking aspirin during a heart attack can be beneficial, people are so stupid they've forgotten that aspirin, fucking aspirin is a pain reliever?

I just want to yell at the TV every time that commercial comes on.