Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Food Thread of the Damned (Kamala)

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I’m not who you asked for but I had a PB&J burger once and it was way better than I expected. I do not think mine had bacon but I do not see an issue there.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I had a fried chicken sandwich with peanut butter and a spicy red pepper jelly at one of my favorite bars and it was delicious (and I think it'd be tasty with a sweet jelly) but it not sure how combination of beef & jelly would work.

IIRC, Beef Jelly was the name of Kenan Thompson's Hamburger Jones parody on SNL in the late 2000s.

Hoff

EVERYTHING
Reaction score
David "Beef Jelly" Winfield, one of the Kings of Cathcphrase Comedy. It's gettin' phrase-y up in here!

I've never had a PB&J burger but my wife is a fan. There's a local place here that does one at one of their locations that she's gaga over. Actually upon review I must correct myself; no PB, but goat cheese and blackberry jam.

I tend more toward spicy or savory. Bacon, eggs (obvi), hot sauce, a good garlic or chipotle mayo, jalapenos (especially fried), onions (sometimes), barbeque sauce....not all at once, mind you. Lettuce can be nice if the lettuce is fresh and the burger's not being delivered (your lettuce gets all warm and saucy and it's awful). Pickles, but only dill pickles. Sweet pickles can go to hell.

I'm also a huge, huge believer of the mustard and mayonnaise combination. Next time you roll through Wendy's. get a Baconator but sub mustard in for the ketchup. It's a game changer.

Hoff

EVERYTHING
Reaction score
I also don't care for Jucy Lucys, despite living in the home thereof, if anyone wants to be angry with me for a bit. I espouse that view out on these streets and six dudes in dirty aprons roll up on me with spatulas.