Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Kamala's Random WCW Bullshit thread

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
Only issue there is Norton is still a face. They can do some sort of friendly rivalry thing to build to a schmozz though.

Kamala's friends at WrestlingClassics drove me to seek out Renegade promos, as I couldn't recall any. 11:30 has one.

Everything in this build is painful. I do recall watching the Ultimate Warrior shadowy teaser promos leading up to Uncensored.

Can you imagine Warrior in the middle of this WCW world? Would he flake out before Nitro even started? Can Hogan resist getting his win back in a face vs face match over the summer?
If Warrior is still around, does Luger jump as a pure heel? That ruins the tweener dynamic w/ Sting.

---
Renegade sounds almost like he doing an Japanese accent in his grunting promo style.

Last edited:

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I feel like if Warrior jumps in ‘95 and stays around long enough for Nitro era, I think Luger waits around WWF for another year. I think he’d inevitably go back to WCW anyway but it feels like one too many muscle head main eventers and he might give one last try to make it right in Titan.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Depends on Sting, I guess. Narrative is Sting got Luger hired despite Bischoff not wanting to bring him back. But if Luger stays in the WWF, Bulldog 100% jumps the next year.

Warrior in 95 doesn't last. He half asses, hurts guys, and runs away when he finds out he has to put anyone over. That said Hogan/Warrior 2 in 95 is probably still quite fun.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I spent way too much time thinking about this while working out tonight. The only thing I think that possibly would have made sense if he just went after all of the non-Giant DOD members; Kamala, Meng, Shark. And even then how exciting would that really be?

I don’t think Savage would have wanted to turn heel to do more jobs to Warrior and with Hogan, Savage and Sting there weren’t many more spots for another top face.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Good on Sherri for diverse sexual conquests.
Banging Macho KIng while he was in that heated post-relationship sexual lion mode.
Fucking Dibiase for the sugar daddy money.
Tagging prime HBK when he was dripping sex.
Being boned by Ric Flair, because it's only proper to help his quest to fuck every woman in the world of the proper age and BMI
Letting her self get tag teamed by Harlem Heat's dual big black cocks.
And the only thing that could draw her away from the bliss of Stevie Ray's anaconda was a Southern Stud by the name of Robert Fuller, who hung dong second to no one. (Take that Virgil!)

I'm missing someone from ECW I think...wasn't she with Shane Douglas for a bit?

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
If VKM had let Owen out of his contract when Bret got screwed and Owen went to WCW how do you think he would have faired?

Part of me thinks he would've had a better run than Bret. Owen would've had classics with Eddie, Benoit, Jericho and Rey on the undercard and wouldn't have felt like he was being misused. Part of me kinda thinks Owen would've had a better run in WCW then he had in WWF prior to his death.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I don't think Owen would have been that much better used than Davey Boy Smith and Jim Neidhart. No disrespect to Owen but if Bischoff didn't see the potential in Bret Hart then I don't think he's going to see the potential in the Rocket King. I think his ceiling is probably a TV Title run but then again, Bret was in the TV Title scene six months into his WCW run.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
I would argue both Davey and Niedhart had totally checked out and didn't give a shit when they went to WCW.

I don't think Owen would've been a main eventer. But, I think he would've had a solid run in the mid-cards. You know all of Jericho, Benoit and Malenko would want feuds against him. I think Rey would've been another one. Hell, I could see DDP and Raven as potential mid-card feuds for Owen.

This is all assuming you had a motivated Owen.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Especially since supposedly the WWF contractually barred WCW from booking Bulldog and Neidhart to associate with Bret as part of their terms of release, hence why the Hart Foundation did not reform in WCW. Owen would likely be under a similar issue.

Last edited:

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Owen and Bret feud with West Texas Rednecks is basically our best scenario in this hypothetical.
MV5BNjEzZTFmNjktZDBmNi00YzI5LTk5N2UtYzdhMzMyYTc1MjJlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTU1MzY0Nw@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Between this and Owen being buddies with Colin Raye, I think the Hart Brothers were more likely to be a part of the Rednecks than feud with them.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Is there truth to that story about WCW legally not being able to put Bret together with Bulldog and Anvil? It isn't that I don't believe it but it's equally on brand for WCW to not do something that makes sense for no reason.

Shitty Windham and busted Hennig are a personal favorite broken down old guy team. They were fried but but they fit well.

Valeyard

Reaction score
I mean yeah boom period but I don't think I believe Weird Al would ever get billing behind DDP and Nash. Arguably Joan Jett too.

Loverboy's legacy for me is how Lenny Lane never gave Jericho his tape back.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
This was apparently 2000. There's nothing for it on HistoryofWWE. I almost wonder if it was Nash and DDP introducing acts rather than them wrestling? WCW was in the dumps enough at this point that they didn't see the point in running any house shows on Labor Day Weekend. I guess they wanted everyone well rested for WAR GAMES 2000 on Nitro that week!

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Bad re-booking ahead:
So people scoff at this because Hogan became the number 1 man in the nWo. So instead let's say Mabel shows up and is basically in what would become the Giant's nWo role as a massive enforcer. In case the fans are let down, you have Crush debut the next night and suddenly 4 recent WWF talents are aligned. Dibiase is next as the money man. Then Syxx. And Virgil can show up to play up the Dibiase stuff.

In this version, Nash probably beats the Giant in August. Then War Games, Nash vs Luger at Halloween Havoc, a rematch at WW3 with Sting/Fake Sting interplay. And the Orange Goblin ruins the fun at Starrcade and beats Nash for the belt.
Macho can turn on Hogan and join the nWo to set up more Hogan/Savage matches. Hall gets a few PPVs against Hogan and so on....

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score

Bad re-booking ahead:
So people scoff at this because Hogan became the number 1 man in the nWo. So instead let's say Mabel shows up and is basically in what would become the Giant's nWo role as a massive enforcer. In case the fans are let down, you have Crush debut the next night and suddenly 4 recent WWF talents are aligned. Dibiase is next as the money man. Then Syxx. And Virgil can show up to play up the Dibiase stuff.

In this version, Nash probably beats the Giant in August. Then War Games, Nash vs Luger at Halloween Havoc, a rematch at WW3 with Sting/Fake Sting interplay. And the Orange Goblin ruins the fun at Starrcade and beats Nash for the belt.
Macho can turn on Hogan and join the nWo to set up more Hogan/Savage matches. Hall gets a few PPVs against Hogan and so on....
That’s the thing I think people miss with the Mabel stuff: it was never implied that the third man was going to be the group’s leader, nor was there really an expectation of an Earth-shattering angle at BATB. (Though my brother did have a dream the night before that Hogan was the third man but the announcers didn’t treat it like it was a big deal.) That the third man was someone already in WCW was something of a swerve, as everything seemed to be building to another recent defector from the WWF, and anyone other than Bret was going to be a letdown. On this rare occasion they overdelivered.

Valeyard

Reaction score
It only could've been Bret, Shawn, or Taker to work anywhere as well. A 100% WWF guy.

Hogan as the leader works solely because no one but Bischoff takes him seriously. Every time someone else put him over, especially the Outsiders, it just felt so sarcastic and just right. Almost subtle building for an end that never happened.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score

I don't think I remember this??
My Peggy Lee Leather memory is one of the Apters mags had a pic of her and a male manager and the magazine claimed they had never heard of either of them. Even in the mid 90s I was like "But I've seen her name in your arena results!!"